North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Impreza / Legacy B4 RSK running costs EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Impreza / Legacy B4 RSK running costs EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Impreza / Legacy B4 RSK running costs EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Impreza / Legacy B4 RSK running costs EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Impreza / Legacy B4 RSK running costs EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Impreza / Legacy B4 RSK running costs EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Impreza / Legacy B4 RSK running costs EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Impreza / Legacy B4 RSK running costs EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Impreza / Legacy B4 RSK running costs EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Impreza / Legacy B4 RSK running costs

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Norm

Impreza / Legacy B4 RSK running costs Empty
PostSubject: Impreza / Legacy B4 RSK running costs   Impreza / Legacy B4 RSK running costs EmptyThu 1 Jul - 18:21

Hi,

At the moment I'm driving a 51 plate diesel vectra, so used to things like:-

Minimum 40mpg
Stick in the cheapest derv possible.
£300/yr FC insurance.
£200/yr road fraudfund licence.
£500/yr to get through MOT.
£200/yr service - only needs done once a yr.

I've got a quote off confused.com for a classic Impreza of £600/yr FC, I know i'll prob have to pay the extra 10p/litre for super unleaded, I'm just wondering what I could expect in terms of the other expenses. I know you might not be able to give me specifics, but maybe a good idea...

Working out if I can afford to swap the vauxhall oil burner is the easy part, a bit harder is choosing between classic/new age/legacy, the really hard bit's persuading SWMBO to let me do it Laughing

Any help and advice appreciated Very Happy

*awaits response from turbo_brick/lil_me saying shut up and get on with getting one Laughing *
Back to top Go down
NO MORE 2Steak-Steve13.5

NO MORE 2Steak-Steve13.5

PostSubject: Re: Impreza / Legacy B4 RSK running costs   Impreza / Legacy B4 RSK running costs EmptyThu 1 Jul - 18:28

Shut up and get on with buying one! lol! if your questioning about running cost of a scooby, maybe its not the car for you mate Wink When you own one the last thing in your mind is running costs! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.mowngo.biz
Walwal

Walwal

PostSubject: Re: Impreza / Legacy B4 RSK running costs   Impreza / Legacy B4 RSK running costs EmptyThu 1 Jul - 19:12

I second what's already been said.

If running costs are important to you, steer clear of a Scooby. Depending how heavy your right foot is, your mpg will half from what you're used to. I get about 220-240 out of £60 of V-Power.

But just get one bought, mpg is for old people and eco-mentalists.

Andy.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Impreza / Legacy B4 RSK running costs   Impreza / Legacy B4 RSK running costs EmptyThu 1 Jul - 21:34

Oh no Mr Sensible is here Laughing what did you promise yourself by a certain age.....

20-27 MPG ish....think that covers most 'average' cars, more you boot it more gogo juice is needed.
MOT/service depends on condition of car you buy and what it needs but standard impreza service parts aren't bad prices (unlike Evos) £200 for a service - WTF were you changing ? Laughing
Tax depends on year you buy, anything from the classic which are on old style tax so cheap ish to ours which is £440 a year or something nuts

Once you buy one she won't mind at all I am sure Wink

***bites lip on the other bit ***

Last edited by lil_me on Thu 1 Jul - 22:28; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KushBex

KushBex

PostSubject: Re: Impreza / Legacy B4 RSK running costs   Impreza / Legacy B4 RSK running costs EmptyThu 1 Jul - 22:02

First - Just get one bought - You won't regret it at all!!

Milo on here is just 25 and had an Impreza Sport Special and managed to buy a Legacy B4 RSK RFRB and it is cheaper to insure than the Sport.

You see the bigger Legacy does not gain the insurers boy racer status therefore the insurance will be cheaper.

I have a Forester S/Tb Jap Import - still has 250hp and cheaper insurance than an Impreza.

If you buy older than a 2000 you will escape the emmissions based road tax.
We pay £112 for six months tax for our 1998 Forester. Mind you Milo pays £210 odd for six months tax on the 2000 Legacy B4.

As for running costs - service it yourself - you will have fun doing it and plenty people on here to help you.
Fuel - Well if you want fuel economy just stick with your oil burner.
The Boxer Turbo is okay on fuel but if you have your lead boots on you will get into single figure mpg values - but - Wow, what a rush! - Sod the price of the fuel!

Again - Just buy one.

Oh - Buy the way - Welcome To NESF - Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Impreza / Legacy B4 RSK running costs   Impreza / Legacy B4 RSK running costs EmptyThu 1 Jul - 22:30

Why buy one? Remember the grin on your face when you got out of the terzo.......simples Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Impreza / Legacy B4 RSK running costs   Impreza / Legacy B4 RSK running costs EmptySat 3 Jul - 17:58

Refilled ours yesterday, did average 27mpg inc some rather agressive driving to lightwater valley, not bad I don't think
Back to top Go down
baldy

baldy

PostSubject: Re: Impreza / Legacy B4 RSK running costs   Impreza / Legacy B4 RSK running costs EmptySat 3 Jul - 21:27

even mine managed 25 mpg even with finn givin it some big licks (wen we could stop it shakin its brains out )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Impreza / Legacy B4 RSK running costs   Impreza / Legacy B4 RSK running costs Empty

Back to top Go down

Impreza / Legacy B4 RSK running costs
Page 1 of 1