North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Another question about a Prodrive sports cat and decat. EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Another question about a Prodrive sports cat and decat. EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Another question about a Prodrive sports cat and decat. EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Another question about a Prodrive sports cat and decat. EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Another question about a Prodrive sports cat and decat. EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Another question about a Prodrive sports cat and decat. EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Another question about a Prodrive sports cat and decat. EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Another question about a Prodrive sports cat and decat. EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Another question about a Prodrive sports cat and decat. EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Another question about a Prodrive sports cat and decat.

Go down 
+3
keffer
Robbo_22
lian&johnsti
7 posters
AuthorMessage
lian&johnsti

lian&johnsti

Another question about a Prodrive sports cat and decat. Empty
PostSubject: Another question about a Prodrive sports cat and decat.   Another question about a Prodrive sports cat and decat. EmptySun 11 Jul - 17:53

Hi guys jusy wondering what gains i would get from our wrx if i fitted a prodrive sports cat down pipe, and a prodrive decat pipe, then got it mapped. thanks john Very Happy

Last edited by lian&johnwrx on Sun 8 Aug - 11:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Robbo_22

PostSubject: Re: Another question about a Prodrive sports cat and decat.   Another question about a Prodrive sports cat and decat. EmptySun 11 Jul - 18:09

Don't worry about the results - just get it done!! Will transform the car Cool

Got a 100 cel sports cat on mine - on the first remap with a good air filter and walbro fuel pump it was about 274BHP and much better to drive. Highly recommend Dynamix Wink
Back to top Go down
lian&johnsti

lian&johnsti

PostSubject: Re: Another question about a Prodrive sports cat and decat.   Another question about a Prodrive sports cat and decat. EmptySun 11 Jul - 18:13

Yeah would be going for a Dynamix map, just talked Lian round to improve the performance of the car, so watch this space, Thanks Robbo
Back to top Go down
keffer

keffer

PostSubject: Re: Another question about a Prodrive sports cat and decat.   Another question about a Prodrive sports cat and decat. EmptySun 11 Jul - 18:49

i have a full decat blitz nur spec R and it drives better then with the cat in
i needed to put the cat back in or the cops would inpound my car but the car never drove as good with the cat back in so i changed again
now i hope the cops don't stop me anymore for being loud Laughing
you'll enjoy the change m8 Cool
Back to top Go down
CARLOS

CARLOS

PostSubject: Re: Another question about a Prodrive sports cat and decat.   Another question about a Prodrive sports cat and decat. EmptySun 11 Jul - 19:07

just fit a full decat upipe down pipe
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

PostSubject: Re: Another question about a Prodrive sports cat and decat.   Another question about a Prodrive sports cat and decat. EmptyTue 13 Jul - 14:07

You will see very little difference between a good sports cat and a decat under 450hp. maybe a couple of bhp either way. But you will pass your MOT. If your not bothered and know a good MOTer go for a decat as there much cheaper to buy.
Back to top Go down
lian&johnsti

lian&johnsti

PostSubject: Re: Another question about a Prodrive sports cat and decat.   Another question about a Prodrive sports cat and decat. EmptySun 8 Aug - 11:03

Well finally decided to go for a sports cat, well Lian has anyway Embarassed Embarassed , seen a prodrive sports cat down pipe and up pipe off a 2005 uk sti with genuine ppp for sale, are they any good and if not what should we be going for, thanks john king
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Another question about a Prodrive sports cat and decat.   Another question about a Prodrive sports cat and decat. EmptySun 8 Aug - 18:08

Totally agree with iddy, I went from a 2 cat down pipe to a single 100 cel sports cat and found a huge improvement in performance, I then went for full de-cat and didn't find any difference at all apart from the extra coin in my pocket that I got from selling the sports cat that is Laughing

Both changes were without a remap but I did check for knock and AFR's etc when doing this to make sure it was running fine.
Back to top Go down
lian&johnsti

lian&johnsti

PostSubject: Re: Another question about a Prodrive sports cat and decat.   Another question about a Prodrive sports cat and decat. EmptySun 8 Aug - 20:11

thanks jonny thats very helpful,we are buying a prodrive sports cat and prodrive de cat up pipe, should have by the end of next week,got them for a good price and we want to fit them,but dont have the spare pennies for a map yet,so want to make sure it ok when fitted,do you know who could check the afr etc and roughly how much this may cost,thanks
lian & john Very Happy
Back to top Go down
srobbo18

PostSubject: Re: Another question about a Prodrive sports cat and decat.   Another question about a Prodrive sports cat and decat. EmptySun 8 Aug - 21:35

u will get nice pops and bangs from full decat, love mine
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Another question about a Prodrive sports cat and decat.   Another question about a Prodrive sports cat and decat. EmptySun 8 Aug - 22:25

lian&johnwrx wrote:
thanks jonny thats very helpful,we are buying a prodrive sports cat and prodrive de cat up pipe, should have by the end of next week,got them for a good price and we want to fit them,but dont have the spare pennies for a map yet,so want to make sure it ok when fitted,do you know who could check the afr etc and roughly how much this may cost,thanks
lian & john Very Happy

I f you get it fitted I will give it a once over for you free of charge.
Back to top Go down
lian&johnsti

lian&johnsti

PostSubject: Re: Another question about a Prodrive sports cat and decat.   Another question about a Prodrive sports cat and decat. EmptySun 8 Aug - 22:31

youre a nice guy Very Happy thanks jonny will give you a shout when its fitted Very Happy
lian queen
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another question about a Prodrive sports cat and decat.   Another question about a Prodrive sports cat and decat. Empty

Back to top Go down

Another question about a Prodrive sports cat and decat.
Page 1 of 1