North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Ba****d defi gauges :( - Page 2 EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Ba****d defi gauges :( - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Ba****d defi gauges :( - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Ba****d defi gauges :( - Page 2 EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Ba****d defi gauges :( - Page 2 EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Ba****d defi gauges :( - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Ba****d defi gauges :( - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Ba****d defi gauges :( - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Ba****d defi gauges :( - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Ba****d defi gauges :(

Go down 
+8
andybish
kempy85
StickT
Tizer
Steve71
LouisB
discodaz
natski
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
natski

natski

Ba****d defi gauges :( - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ba****d defi gauges :(   Ba****d defi gauges :( - Page 2 EmptyThu 4 Jul - 9:10

kgt wrote:
Unfortunately it's a lesson that many of us have learnt. You get what you pay for. Get it to Kindon or someone equally skilled who knows what they are doing before you bust something and really do your head in.

There's no point everything has been set up correctly. The oil spillage was our own fault really as we didn't realise that the sandwich plate that sits between the block and the oil filter was a double sensor one and the oil temp sensor had been removed. We used many Internet guides and Andybish rang Andy Kindon and he said that you put the oil temp sensor into the block so we did that without paying the required amount of attention to the sandwich plate as we should of as this was fitted last and it was getting late.
The sandwich plate itself or the wires that go to the control unit are no good and one of the gauges are stuck fast so I don't think that Andy Kindon or somebody just as skilled could do anything to sort that out. The sensor/sandwich plate would be fairly easy you just throw it in the bin and get a new one but not the gauge Sad

The reason I said I'm going to get Alyn to have a look is I bought them off Scoobynet and he is a well respected member on there.

The problem I'm now faced with is the decision do I spend 3 hours removing them and sending them back, keep them and put up with them, spend another £150 to try and get them sorted out or sell them for less than I paid..
Back to top Go down
Keiffy

Keiffy

PostSubject: Re: Ba****d defi gauges :(   Ba****d defi gauges :( - Page 2 EmptyThu 4 Jul - 10:10

Try selling them on facebook mate...lmfaoooooo Smile
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Ba****d defi gauges :(   Ba****d defi gauges :( - Page 2 EmptyThu 4 Jul - 10:28

Ha ha ha.. What a bunch of idiots they are Keith.
Seriously tho I'm not selling them I'm going to get them sorted out cos in my opinion they are worth it Smile
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Ba****d defi gauges :(   Ba****d defi gauges :( - Page 2 EmptyThu 4 Jul - 10:54

Sounds like a right headache, hope you get it all sort and enjoy them soon. I loved the gauges in my old car, just wish I could have afforded Defi's but a little out of my reach.
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Ba****d defi gauges :(   Ba****d defi gauges :( - Page 2 EmptyThu 4 Jul - 11:05

Thanks buddy I don't think it will be too difficult to get a replacement oil temp gauge sorted out as its the full sets that are hard to find. I wanted to change the sensors from a sandwich plate anyway because they are prone to leaks so that's not a real problem. They still look amazing in the car and they all light up so I'm not too bothered now that I have calmed down a bit
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Ba****d defi gauges :(   Ba****d defi gauges :( - Page 2 EmptyThu 4 Jul - 11:17

Know what you mean. My water temp gauge was never right but it looked good. Style over substance. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
cdm1

cdm1

PostSubject: Re: Ba****d defi gauges :(   Ba****d defi gauges :( - Page 2 EmptyThu 4 Jul - 12:26

if they were all reading 0 before you installed them why would one stick?

Does resting the controller not work? as the signals run throught the controller then the controller must be at fault not the gauge

Just a thought
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Ba****d defi gauges :(   Ba****d defi gauges :( - Page 2 EmptyThu 4 Jul - 12:52

cdm1 wrote:
if they were all reading 0 before you installed them why would one stick?

Does resting the controller not work? as the signals run throught the controller then  the controller must be at fault not the gauge

Just a thought

I don't know the stuck gauge is sat at 60 so think it must of got stuck on the first startup Sequence since the gauges where fitted to my car.
The gauge is still sat a 60 now with the car locked up and has been since 1AM so I don't think the fault is in the controller
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Ba****d defi gauges :(   Ba****d defi gauges :( - Page 2 EmptyThu 4 Jul - 13:09

Just fixed the stuck gauge by flicking the front of it Very Happy awesome
Just need a working oil pressure sensor now or possibly a new control unit
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: Ba****d defi gauges :(   Ba****d defi gauges :( - Page 2 EmptyThu 4 Jul - 23:08

Happy days, did the misses get verbal abuse or just swear at the car and threaten it with flames and petrol lol
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Ba****d defi gauges :(   Ba****d defi gauges :( - Page 2 EmptyFri 5 Jul - 1:32

No
Back to top Go down
stevep360

stevep360

PostSubject: Re: Ba****d defi gauges :(   Ba****d defi gauges :( - Page 2 EmptyFri 5 Jul - 7:36

Mine came from japan when i had them and the oil pressure was stuck at 1 bar until they were connected and running, my cable was also kncakered and it was £43 from defi for a new one, The pressure sensor fixed itself when the gauges powered up. Assumed it was to do with the flight over and transport. Great gauges when in, dont give up.
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Ba****d defi gauges :(   Ba****d defi gauges :( - Page 2 EmptyFri 5 Jul - 10:36

I'm not going to give up Smile
The guy who I bought them off has told me to take the car to asp and get them checked out and he will help to resolve the situation as best he can.
But I have found a genome control unit for sale not too far away from my buddy Finn so I have sent the seller a message asking if I can pop round to try it out with my gauges to see if my controller is faulty, if it solves the problem I will buy it if not I will get them checked out by someone who has experience fitting them.
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: Ba****d defi gauges :(   Ba****d defi gauges :( - Page 2 EmptyFri 5 Jul - 21:17

Cant argue with that response then bud,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ba****d defi gauges :(   Ba****d defi gauges :( - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ba****d defi gauges :(
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2