North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
It's out there,,,,,,, EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
It's out there,,,,,,, EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
It's out there,,,,,,, EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
It's out there,,,,,,, EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
It's out there,,,,,,, EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
It's out there,,,,,,, EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
It's out there,,,,,,, EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
It's out there,,,,,,, EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
It's out there,,,,,,, EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

It's out there,,,,,,,

Go down 
+10
Marshffs
byers
andyden71
Jonny Gav
Tizer
bazpro88
natski
atwrx
kgt
locky@HYDROtek
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

It's out there,,,,,,, Empty
PostSubject: It's out there,,,,,,,   It's out there,,,,,,, EmptyMon 29 Jul - 14:12

So all, I've a 2007 WRX totally standard bar PPP, no spoiler. Just few cosmetics fitted, were do I start with mods, ?? Come on every one give me your ideas, thanks Paul Wink
Back to top Go down
locky@HYDROtek

locky@HYDROtek

PostSubject: Re: It's out there,,,,,,,   It's out there,,,,,,, EmptyMon 29 Jul - 15:48

Hig sell it and buy a sti mate ;-p

All depends on wot route your going?.....power route or styling? Wot you fancy mate??
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: It's out there,,,,,,,   It's out there,,,,,,, EmptyMon 29 Jul - 16:09

Well Jonny Gav is running a 2006 Hawk WRX at about 370bhp, which is a very respectable amount, he could give you a few pointers if you are going power route.

The styling route is up to you really. Get a look in the Photo scetion for some great examples on here and go from there. Do you want rally slag or complete sleeper or somewhere in between ?

Choices, choices, choices.......

And post moved from New Members to General Chat, for what its worth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's out there,,,,,,,   It's out there,,,,,,, EmptyMon 29 Jul - 17:02

Locks the 6speed box lets them down a well mapped wrx just as good as an sti, for sure without the insurance hike, heheheh

As for wat I'm gonna do... Want a cheeky sleeper suttle features with awesome power,
Back to top Go down
locky@HYDROtek

locky@HYDROtek

PostSubject: Re: It's out there,,,,,,,   It's out there,,,,,,, EmptyMon 29 Jul - 17:21

I hear you mate but the normal route people take here is ....sti interior....brembos.....sti spoiler.....grilles.....ect ect once you add that to the price you might as well bought a sti......then if your going for the bigger power.....forged block yeh but a 5 speed box will never do and they are a pricey buy too......but there is a lot of pleasure watching it grow and change and not getting bored to easy with it
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: It's out there,,,,,,,   It's out there,,,,,,, EmptyMon 29 Jul - 18:02

The 6 speed lets them down? What let's them down? the fact that the ratios are tighter so quick acceleration or that they can withstand more power/torque? Quite a bit more in fact....you've got me puzzled there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's out there,,,,,,,   It's out there,,,,,,, EmptyMon 29 Jul - 18:10

Sorry artwrx, just wat I heard, but not always rite, Wink
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: It's out there,,,,,,,   It's out there,,,,,,, EmptyMon 29 Jul - 19:30

Think there's been some confusion between the 5 and 6 speed box..
It's the 5 speed box that lets imprezas down as they tend to break when running high torque figures.
The capability of the 6 speed box is almost double the 5 speed Shocked

I agree that a well mapped WRX is just as good as if not better than a standard STi but it costs far less to modify an STi and you can push the power levels of an STi quite a bit higher than a WRX.
It's not all about power tho the STi also has better brakes (brakes that actually work) and better suspension.

Why do people compare modded WRX's to standard STi's ??

Compare a WRX someone has spent £4,000 on mods to an STi that someone has spent the same amount on and you will see the STi will be a much much more capable car in every aspect..

As far as what you should do to your car goes I would go for a bigger turbo and STi top mount intercooler before you even consider getting it mapped as the PPP WRX is on its limit as far as the turbo is concerned.
Back to top Go down
bazpro88

bazpro88

PostSubject: Re: It's out there,,,,,,,   It's out there,,,,,,, EmptyMon 29 Jul - 20:24

i would just lower it on some springs, nice set of 18s (rotas or prodrives ect) then put a nice sti spoiler on.
probs want more power after that so bigger turbo and remap ect .
my old wrx bugeye i had a few year ago was only a 2.0 and with full decat exhaust, walbro and a remap was great fun. yours is probs as quick as that already if its got the prodrive stuff on it.

if i ever jump back in a newage impreza again though it will be a sti thats had all the mods i would do already done as it saves a fortune.
Back to top Go down
Tizer

PostSubject: Re: It's out there,,,,,,,   It's out there,,,,,,, EmptyMon 29 Jul - 22:26

Hi Nuna

At the end of the day a STI is a better starting point than a WRX, but I don't see the point in selling to buy a STI, everyone has different financial situations, so just be happy with what you have !

It depends what you want out of your Hawkeye power wise but the 5 speed gear box does let it down at higher power outputs. It did change my 5 speed to a 6 speed as the torque broke my 5 speed. I love the 6 speed box, much better overall then my 5 speed.

If your wanting more power as Natski has suggest, a bigger turbo and a STI TMIC is a good starting point. I'm running a VF48 on mine and the spool is amazing.
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: It's out there,,,,,,,   It's out there,,,,,,, EmptyMon 29 Jul - 22:42

natski wrote:
Why do people compare modded WRX's to standard STi's ??

Compare a WRX someone has spent £4,000 on mods to an STi that someone has spent the same amount on and you will see the STi will be a much much more capable car in every aspect..

That's because the STI is around 4k more expensive to buy over a WRX, I have spent no where near 4k on my WRX, a sti of the same year value would get blown off the road by my "cheaper" car.

The sti hawkeye only becomes at an advantage if you plan on going over 420hp IMHO, the engines are the same in the WRX and STI so if you stay under the gearbox limits then the WRX makes better financial sense, when I bought mine 4.5 years ago the STI was and extra 7K over the WRX, I could build a much better car from the WRX than the STI with 7K to spend on it.

Last edited by Jonny Gav on Mon 29 Jul - 22:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: It's out there,,,,,,,   It's out there,,,,,,, EmptyMon 29 Jul - 22:49

Iv got a wrx but with a Sti tmic and vf35 turbo and injectors
Back to top Go down
byers

byers

PostSubject: Re: It's out there,,,,,,,   It's out there,,,,,,, EmptyMon 29 Jul - 22:51

Get a evo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's out there,,,,,,,   It's out there,,,,,,, EmptyMon 29 Jul - 22:54

byers wrote:
Get a evo

No swearing Dave lol! 
Back to top Go down
Marshffs

Marshffs

PostSubject: Re: It's out there,,,,,,,   It's out there,,,,,,, EmptyMon 29 Jul - 22:59

If your happy with your car then your happy. On the modding side of it, its entirely upto you how you want it. I aint driven a wrx/sti so i cant compare the 2. Best thing to do is see what can be done to your engine (safely) and see how you find it.
If i had your car id go for a stealthy all black look with some nice rota's on.
Once you start modding you cant stop.
Hope this helps you out
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

PostSubject: Re: It's out there,,,,,,,   It's out there,,,,,,, EmptyMon 29 Jul - 23:02

Marietto wrote:
byers wrote:
Get a evo

No swearing Dave lol! 

Get him banned for that.lol! lol! 
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: It's out there,,,,,,,   It's out there,,,,,,, EmptyMon 29 Jul - 23:02

Lets all just have a fookin fight about it eh ??

Buyers

Get an Audi
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: It's out there,,,,,,,   It's out there,,,,,,, EmptyTue 30 Jul - 9:46

Natski the keyboard warrior lol! 

Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: It's out there,,,,,,,   It's out there,,,,,,, EmptyTue 30 Jul - 10:02

God natski ur so mean lol Byers just get a corsa and slam it to the floor hahahaha all this swearing it terrible ( Eco,Audi) you never hear me using that kind of language I use nice words like corsa lol hahahaha
Back to top Go down
byers

byers

PostSubject: Re: It's out there,,,,,,,   It's out there,,,,,,, EmptyTue 30 Jul - 10:26

They do copy sti's in turkey
Back to top Go down
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

PostSubject: Re: It's out there,,,,,,,   It's out there,,,,,,, EmptyTue 30 Jul - 10:37

The STI also has a much better suspension setup than the WRX
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: It's out there,,,,,,,   It's out there,,,,,,, EmptyTue 30 Jul - 10:48

But it can be changed to a full Sti suspension can't it
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: It's out there,,,,,,,   It's out there,,,,,,, EmptyTue 30 Jul - 11:02

Jonny Gav wrote:
Natski the keyboard warrior lol! 

It's out there,,,,,,, 0B299F70-C0BF-40D1-B631-74068CB6E436-1083-0000008B2CBDCD45

Back to top Go down
jonesy81

jonesy81

PostSubject: Re: It's out there,,,,,,,   It's out there,,,,,,, EmptyTue 30 Jul - 11:03

Lol johnny
Back to top Go down
byers

byers

PostSubject: Re: It's out there,,,,,,,   It's out there,,,,,,, EmptyTue 30 Jul - 11:12

I had wrx for I got my sti soon as I jumped in the one I have now I sold it I relise I could of done all the mods but thought what's the point changing everything. It's all personal preference.
Yes u can do a wrx to sti spec but its all the little bits I couldn't be fooked on changing everything
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's out there,,,,,,,   It's out there,,,,,,, Empty

Back to top Go down

It's out there,,,,,,,
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
North East Subaru Forum :: General Chat-
Jump to: