North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Boost Controller reccomendation?? EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Boost Controller reccomendation?? EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Boost Controller reccomendation?? EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Boost Controller reccomendation?? EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Boost Controller reccomendation?? EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Boost Controller reccomendation?? EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Boost Controller reccomendation?? EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Boost Controller reccomendation?? EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Boost Controller reccomendation?? EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Boost Controller reccomendation??

Go down 
+3
iddysti
Jonny Gav
Milo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Milo

Boost Controller reccomendation?? Empty
PostSubject: Boost Controller reccomendation??   Boost Controller reccomendation?? EmptyFri 16 Jul - 16:45

Ive got a 2006 WRX STi 2.5, can anyone recommend a good boost controller for it?
What pressure can I run it up to? Its stock at the moment.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
http://www.thevehiclegroup.com

PostSubject: Re: Boost Controller reccomendation??   Boost Controller reccomendation?? EmptyFri 16 Jul - 17:30

apexi avcr i wouldnt run it with more boost without suitable mods but you could run more boost
Back to top Go down
Milo

PostSubject: Re: Boost Controller reccomendation??   Boost Controller reccomendation?? EmptyFri 16 Jul - 21:55

What mods would you say 1st?
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Boost Controller reccomendation??   Boost Controller reccomendation?? EmptyFri 16 Jul - 22:27

Don't bother with a boost controller, for not a lot more you can have a remap giving safe power!
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

PostSubject: Re: Boost Controller reccomendation??   Boost Controller reccomendation?? EmptyFri 16 Jul - 22:44

As Jonny says, you don't need to run a boost controller on a standard engine, get it remapped with a full decat and panel filter and your running anywhere between 350-380hp. Your standard engine will not take much more.
Back to top Go down
Milo

PostSubject: Re: Boost Controller reccomendation??   Boost Controller reccomendation?? EmptyFri 16 Jul - 23:36

Not a induction kit? Any recommendations on type of panel filter?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boost Controller reccomendation??   Boost Controller reccomendation?? EmptySat 17 Jul - 1:49

mixed reveiws on air filters and air boxes personally i think air filters arre much better just look at the big power cars all run air filters. i would say the v6 onwards could hold 400bhp
Back to top Go down
FINN
Admin
FINN

PostSubject: Re: Boost Controller reccomendation??   Boost Controller reccomendation?? EmptySat 17 Jul - 1:53

as jonny said remap is what u really need.

checkout last months jap peformance mag for which panel filter Wink
Back to top Go down
big deano

big deano

PostSubject: Re: Boost Controller reccomendation??   Boost Controller reccomendation?? EmptySat 17 Jul - 8:02

remap first mate defo for what youde pay for say a blitz electronic one which was on my car or an apexi you have have it set up by the proffesionals then if you still wanted one at least youll know your cars set up properly.. but if you just want boost blitz electronic/apexi summit jap and electronic just make sure its set up right and then leave it Laughing unlike my mate and his evo got one fitted turned up to 2bar fuel cut never came in and BANG..lol
Back to top Go down
Milo

PostSubject: Re: Boost Controller reccomendation??   Boost Controller reccomendation?? EmptySat 17 Jul - 8:04

Oops! Lol

Looks like I'm going to go for decat and panel then Smile
Back to top Go down
big deano

big deano

PostSubject: Re: Boost Controller reccomendation??   Boost Controller reccomendation?? EmptySat 17 Jul - 8:15

thats the first mods id do exhaust and induction kit and even a bigger top mount should see good gains usually 15-30bhp depending on kit you use do your self a favour and buy a MAX POWER INDUCTION KIT they give you around 220BHP on saxos and corsas so on a scooby you should see around 600bhp extra... lol!
Back to top Go down
Milo

PostSubject: Re: Boost Controller reccomendation??   Boost Controller reccomendation?? EmptySat 17 Jul - 9:08

They must be sold in halfords! Laughing
Back to top Go down
big deano

big deano

PostSubject: Re: Boost Controller reccomendation??   Boost Controller reccomendation?? EmptySat 17 Jul - 9:10

HALFORDS HOME OF THE HORSE POWER lol!
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

PostSubject: Re: Boost Controller reccomendation??   Boost Controller reccomendation?? EmptySat 17 Jul - 10:02

At a stage one level of tune there is no need to use induction kits / cone filters. Just use the standard air box with a K&N panel filter (that's what was in mine at that level). All the induction kits do at that level is suck in warm air from the engine and increase induction noise a hell of a lot. You will not get much gain if any on using an induction kit over an air filter at this level.

There is no need to change the top mount intercooler, as the intercooler on the newage STI is very good. I know some people who run them well over 400hp with no problems.
Back to top Go down
CARLOS

CARLOS

PostSubject: Re: Boost Controller reccomendation??   Boost Controller reccomendation?? EmptySat 17 Jul - 10:46

as iddy says exhaust and kn filter and a map
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boost Controller reccomendation??   Boost Controller reccomendation?? EmptySat 17 Jul - 11:38

pannell filters are still very restrictive who saying the guy wont want to do more in the future a good filter will work at stage 1 and still give you the option to go bigger just cut the middle part out
Back to top Go down
big deano

big deano

PostSubject: Re: Boost Controller reccomendation??   Boost Controller reccomendation?? EmptySat 17 Jul - 12:25

I AGREE ID GO INDUCTION OVER PANEL YOUR STILL GUNNA PAY DECENT MONEY FOR A GOOD PANEL FILTER AND THEN YOU DECIDE TO GO MORE AND THAT MONEYS WASTED AS YOU HAVE TO UPGRADE AGAIN AND THEN ITS MORE WORK ON TOP CHANGING FILTERS AGAIN FOR THE SECOND TIME LESS WORK THE BETTER LOL
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Boost Controller reccomendation??   Boost Controller reccomendation?? EmptySat 17 Jul - 15:27

Induction kits on a newage are a waste of money if you are running under 400bhp, a good panel filter in the standard airbox will allow more than enough airflow for what you are doing.

I would however drop that to 300bhp on a 93-96 classic and 320bhp on a 97-00 classic as the airbox on these cars are quite restrictive so an induction kit is a must really

Both very different setups.
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

PostSubject: Re: Boost Controller reccomendation??   Boost Controller reccomendation?? EmptySun 18 Jul - 18:25

phils scooby wrote:
pannell filters are still very restrictive who saying the guy wont want to do more in the future a good filter will work at stage 1 and still give you the option to go bigger just cut the middle part out

The engine will go bang before he gets the use out of a induction kit. The newage 2.5 standard engines are only good for 380-400 tops as the cylinders run a very tight clearance to the bores. I know some have run them with more but its a ticking bomb waiting to go off. So unless he's planning on a fully forge rebuild then the induction kit is a complete waste of money. Buy a K&N panel filter for about £40.
Back to top Go down
drew@drewsautos

drew@drewsautos

PostSubject: Re: Boost Controller reccomendation??   Boost Controller reccomendation?? EmptySun 18 Jul - 19:21

Sum standard engines will run big ponys without any prob's,theres a lad on 22b been running 517.4bhp for a few years with no probs,

ref K & N
Andyf's bug run over 400 with standard airbox and k&n panel so wot a lot of people read and believe is hallicks

drew
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boost Controller reccomendation??   Boost Controller reccomendation?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Boost Controller reccomendation??
Page 1 of 1