North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Is DEI heat wrap silicon spray just.... EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Is DEI heat wrap silicon spray just.... EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Is DEI heat wrap silicon spray just.... EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Is DEI heat wrap silicon spray just.... EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Is DEI heat wrap silicon spray just.... EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Is DEI heat wrap silicon spray just.... EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Is DEI heat wrap silicon spray just.... EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Is DEI heat wrap silicon spray just.... EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Is DEI heat wrap silicon spray just.... EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Is DEI heat wrap silicon spray just....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Willo

Willo

Is DEI heat wrap silicon spray just.... Empty
PostSubject: Is DEI heat wrap silicon spray just....   Is DEI heat wrap silicon spray just.... EmptySat 31 Jul - 0:07

Is this silicon spray simply just hi-temp paint?? So could I buy any hi-temp exhaust spray paint and it would do the same job or have dei designed this with a particular property that normal high-temp paints don't have??
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3384023
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Is DEI heat wrap silicon spray just....   Is DEI heat wrap silicon spray just.... EmptySat 31 Jul - 18:58

Wouldn't bother with DEI heat wrap for a road car mate unless you are planning on changing it every 6 months, I used the silicone spray the 2nd time I applied DEI heat wrap and it shortened the life of it!

It just goes brittle and falls off.

Heat wrap on a Subaru's headers isn't a very good idea IMHO, with the headers being at the bottom of the engine any fluid leak will be soaked up by the wrap, this is a recipe for disaster if the fluid is flammable!!!

BYE BYE Subaru Shocked
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Is DEI heat wrap silicon spray just....   Is DEI heat wrap silicon spray just.... EmptySat 31 Jul - 19:24

If youve got the money, ceramic coating is another option, and you only have to do it once.
Back to top Go down
Andy Kindon

PostSubject: Re: Is DEI heat wrap silicon spray just....   Is DEI heat wrap silicon spray just.... EmptySat 31 Jul - 20:02

problem with ceramic coating stainless steel headers is that it can cause them to crack
Back to top Go down
Willo

Willo

PostSubject: Re: Is DEI heat wrap silicon spray just....   Is DEI heat wrap silicon spray just.... EmptySat 31 Jul - 20:35

It's standard headers ported. But I have the wrap and wire, just need the sealant spray now. There's the dei stuff for 18quid or there are loads of brands of hi-temp paint for half the price...just wondered if it was the same stuff in a DEI label?!
Back to top Go down
Willo

Willo

PostSubject: Re: Is DEI heat wrap silicon spray just....   Is DEI heat wrap silicon spray just.... EmptySat 31 Jul - 20:39

Good info jonny...I'll heat wrap the downpipe and turbo blanket the turbo. Then I'll get the headers ceramic coated when I have the cash. In the mean time I'll take off my tmic and cover it in reflectacool. Lot of people have done that and it makes a huge difference apparently
Back to top Go down
Andy Kindon

PostSubject: Re: Is DEI heat wrap silicon spray just....   Is DEI heat wrap silicon spray just.... EmptySat 31 Jul - 21:49

to be honest bud, all of the above youve mentioned, wraping downpipe, turbo blanket, reflective heat tape etc will not make a huge difference, ya wont be able to tell any difference and pretty much wasting ya money imo

Andy
Back to top Go down
Willo

Willo

PostSubject: Re: Is DEI heat wrap silicon spray just....   Is DEI heat wrap silicon spray just.... EmptySat 31 Jul - 22:38

It just concerns me when I lift the bonnet and my inlet manifold and tmic are red hot, I'm sure reduced inlet temps will be better for the car and insulated exhaust pipework will help gasses to flow better, as well as peace of mind for me that when I lift my bonnet my tmic should be a lot cooler and inlet manifold will be too when I get my manifold spacers
Back to top Go down
NO MORE 2Steak-Steve13.5

NO MORE 2Steak-Steve13.5

PostSubject: Re: Is DEI heat wrap silicon spray just....   Is DEI heat wrap silicon spray just.... EmptySun 1 Aug - 0:56

Willo wrote:
It just concerns me when I lift the bonnet and my inlet manifold and tmic are red hot, I'm sure reduced inlet temps will be better for the car and insulated exhaust pipework will help gasses to flow better, as well as peace of mind for me that when I lift my bonnet my tmic should be a lot cooler and inlet manifold will be too when I get my manifold spacers

If you listen to Andy and Jonny you shall become wise Kev, there was a discussion on this ages ago on here and it was decided to be a waste of money. Unless your going for daft power (450+) Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.mowngo.biz
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is DEI heat wrap silicon spray just....   Is DEI heat wrap silicon spray just.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Is DEI heat wrap silicon spray just....
Page 1 of 1