North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
new to forum and first impreza EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
new to forum and first impreza EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
new to forum and first impreza EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
new to forum and first impreza EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
new to forum and first impreza EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
new to forum and first impreza EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
new to forum and first impreza EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
new to forum and first impreza EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
new to forum and first impreza EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

new to forum and first impreza

Go down 
+11
Hutchy1979
anthmac
alan_turbo2000
mark78
SG03RRZ
Mid_Life_Crisis
kgt
lian&johnsti
Jonny Gav
Marshffs
byronsdaddy
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
byronsdaddy

byronsdaddy

new to forum and first impreza Empty
PostSubject: new to forum and first impreza   new to forum and first impreza EmptyFri 31 Jan - 22:37

Hi just joined forum last night so new here, hope i fit in as i have my first impreza down side is its a non turbo/sport
had it just over a year as my celica died and i killed an almera 6 months after and i was told by my wife that i had to get a new car ready for baby being born and it had to be a 5 door and not a sports car like my celica was, so i picked up this nice little impreza sport to see what they were like and 14 month later im still liking it, the longest ive kept a car for a long time lol, it came with a series mcrae recaro interior and all door cards, turbo bonnet and sti ver 5 (i think) spoiler and new age sti 17 inch alloy wheels and a loud exhaust (has a nice sound and my little boy loves it) also had black lexus lights in the back which im still not to keen on but at least there not the chrome ones,

ive added
front black angel eye headlights from import car parts in west auckland,
fitted red leds to light up the footwells and the rear floor
white dials
on fitting led undercar lights
foot pedal covers
ive colour coded the door handles and spoiler
fixed all wiring, added working rear fog (asit didnt have any working)
and added smaller/import number plates
and have hid headlight kit to fit again later

hope im not being too long winded and sorry for the long intro
will add photos when i figure out how or after 7 days when i can post links!

thankyou for being patient
Back to top Go down
Marshffs

Marshffs

PostSubject: Re: new to forum and first impreza   new to forum and first impreza EmptyFri 31 Jan - 22:43

Welcome mate. Im sure you will want to upgrade to a turbo pretty soon. Im sure a few of us will see you kicking about. If you get a flash off a bloke on a VW Polo it will be me lol.
Neon lights aint my kind of thing but each to there own. Some good lads and crack on here so welcome mate.
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: new to forum and first impreza   new to forum and first impreza EmptyFri 31 Jan - 22:46

Looks like a nice motor mate, I have a newage sport wagon that I use daily, can't fault it, sports are good motors, welcome to NESF  Cool 
Back to top Go down
byronsdaddy

byronsdaddy

PostSubject: Re: new to forum and first impreza   new to forum and first impreza EmptyFri 31 Jan - 22:59

Thankyou guys
had quite a cold welcome from another subaru owners forum as i dont have a turbo, it was just what came up at the time, its a nice solid motor with only one arch that ive repaired (needs re-finishing)
but in my defense i never really fancied a scooby untill practicality came along (not complaining as finally blessed with a baby after 3 years of trying) and it really does suite us great aswell as being reliable and AWD, we are thinking of upgrading to a turbo but i fancy doing a conversion or an engine swap as it'll keep me busy and out of trouble lol besides it'll keep the insurance down a little as only had my license 5 year and coming upto 5 years no claims,

i almost forgot that im upgrading the exhaust soon and have already added an aluminium short ram cold air intake wich really does get the motor moving a bit quicker and smoother and upgraded front brakes to turbo 2 pots with disks

ok i'll stop talking now sorry

thanks again for the warm reception

2 questions though

1. my rev counter has stopped working so looking into new clocks, will turbo clocks with same fitting plugs work straight away?

2. and im still wondering about the headlight flash thingy with other impreza owners, i wave and flash back to be kind but dont quite understand it lol
Back to top Go down
lian&johnsti

lian&johnsti

PostSubject: Re: new to forum and first impreza   new to forum and first impreza EmptyFri 31 Jan - 23:07

Hi and welcome to nesf
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new to forum and first impreza   new to forum and first impreza EmptyFri 31 Jan - 23:12

Welcome to NESF mate - Your car is a Subaru and that's all that matters. However we also have ex-Subaru owners on here with other marques as well and they are all welcome too. You will find this a friendly place with plenty of advice and guidance from the gurus on here. We have quite a few non-turbo owners on here. You are in good company so just enjoy yourself. Our usual meet is on the 1st Tuesday of every month at the Newton Grange pub in Durham around 7.30pm.
Back to top Go down
Marshffs

Marshffs

PostSubject: Re: new to forum and first impreza   new to forum and first impreza EmptyFri 31 Jan - 23:15

My first scooby was a sport special. Good cars mate.
Turbo clocks are the same i think aslong as they from the same year and have similar mileage to match what you have. Clocks are a little different from classic to a facelift
The wave and flash thing is just what we do, its just to say ohh a scooby you have taste lol. Not many about either when you think about it.
To upload pics you will need photo bucket
Back to top Go down
byronsdaddy

byronsdaddy

PostSubject: Re: new to forum and first impreza   new to forum and first impreza EmptyFri 31 Jan - 23:22

ok and thanks, might try the turbo clocks as they seem to be more common with the white plugs for my facelift, as green seem to be more common on the sport clocks i keep seeming to find, will have to get mileage digitally corrected when i get the new clocks, thankyou for the advice its greatly appreciated Smile
Back to top Go down
Marshffs

Marshffs

PostSubject: Re: new to forum and first impreza   new to forum and first impreza EmptyFri 31 Jan - 23:27

Im unsure about the clocks tho mate but im sure others will tell you. Cant see why they would be different though? Your welcome mate
Back to top Go down
byronsdaddy

byronsdaddy

PostSubject: Re: new to forum and first impreza   new to forum and first impreza EmptyFri 31 Jan - 23:35

Cool thanks again, will plan a trip to a meet sometime in the next few month and hopefully get some tips and advice from like minded fellows who know more about subarus than me lol Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: new to forum and first impreza   new to forum and first impreza EmptyFri 31 Jan - 23:41

Welcome aboard mate. As the chaps have said its a Scoob and this is a Scooby forum.....end of story.
Back to top Go down
Mid_Life_Crisis

PostSubject: Re: new to forum and first impreza   new to forum and first impreza EmptyFri 31 Jan - 23:42

Welcome to nesf  Cool
Back to top Go down
SG03RRZ

SG03RRZ

PostSubject: Re: new to forum and first impreza   new to forum and first impreza EmptySat 1 Feb - 7:12

Welcome aboard bud turbo or non turbo its a scoobie as said. I've been on here awile with my gx sport had some right banter with the lads and just remember any wrx or sti owner that gives you shit just point out how easy your spark plugs are to change on your own lol ;)regarding turbo conversion or engine swap let me know if you want any heavy Research reading as the last three years iv kept playing with the idea and I'll be happy to share contacts and info with you when iam back from Canada as its not straight forward as you'd think.
Back to top Go down
mark78

mark78

PostSubject: Re: new to forum and first impreza   new to forum and first impreza EmptySat 1 Feb - 8:35

hi and welcome
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/mark.hepper
byronsdaddy

byronsdaddy

PostSubject: Re: new to forum and first impreza   new to forum and first impreza EmptySat 1 Feb - 11:10

cheers guys, much appreciated, think im going to enjoy this forum alot  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
alan_turbo2000

PostSubject: Re: new to forum and first impreza   new to forum and first impreza EmptySat 1 Feb - 11:20

hello and welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
anthmac

anthmac

PostSubject: Re: new to forum and first impreza   new to forum and first impreza EmptySat 1 Feb - 16:54

Hellooo and welcome :-)
Back to top Go down
Hutchy1979

Hutchy1979

PostSubject: Re: new to forum and first impreza   new to forum and first impreza EmptySat 1 Feb - 18:06

Welcome to nesf mate Smile
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: new to forum and first impreza   new to forum and first impreza EmptySat 1 Feb - 18:16

Welcome aboard mate hope you get all the info you need
Back to top Go down
byronsdaddy

byronsdaddy

PostSubject: Re: new to forum and first impreza   new to forum and first impreza EmptySat 1 Feb - 19:34

thanks guys, been on here 2days now and already made to feel really welcome and all the help i need without the backwash because i have a non turbo as my first scooby, and by the way may i say what a nice red that sti is anthmac  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: new to forum and first impreza   new to forum and first impreza EmptySat 1 Feb - 20:13

Oh god that's Anth's head getting bigger again lol hahahaha
Back to top Go down
SG03RRZ

SG03RRZ

PostSubject: Re: new to forum and first impreza   new to forum and first impreza EmptySat 1 Feb - 20:16

Pmsl
Back to top Go down
NickSTi

NickSTi

PostSubject: Re: new to forum and first impreza   new to forum and first impreza EmptySat 1 Feb - 20:17

Welcome to NESF pal
Back to top Go down
byronsdaddy

byronsdaddy

PostSubject: Re: new to forum and first impreza   new to forum and first impreza EmptySat 1 Feb - 20:22

looking at that red makes mine look worse lol im waiting for the summer to finish off the bodywork and touch ups, it cant come soon enough for me,
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: new to forum and first impreza   new to forum and first impreza EmptySat 1 Feb - 22:52

On the clocks I can confirm they will swap between the turbo and sport model as long as it's from the same version/year car and not a jap import.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new to forum and first impreza   new to forum and first impreza Empty

Back to top Go down

new to forum and first impreza
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next