North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
advice needed about bleeding brakes EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
advice needed about bleeding brakes EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
advice needed about bleeding brakes EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
advice needed about bleeding brakes EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
advice needed about bleeding brakes EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
advice needed about bleeding brakes EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
advice needed about bleeding brakes EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
advice needed about bleeding brakes EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
advice needed about bleeding brakes EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

advice needed about bleeding brakes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
byronsdaddy

byronsdaddy

advice needed about bleeding brakes Empty
PostSubject: advice needed about bleeding brakes   advice needed about bleeding brakes EmptyWed 12 Mar - 21:59

sorry to be a bother yet again lol

i've just finished converting my rear drums to discs and my brakes now dont seem to have much pressure for the first press but work after that and keeps repeating the same things, so before i go steaming in and start bleeding them im needing to know which way to do it i.e what wheel to start and finish at etc

on a stranger note the abs has never worked while i have had my scooby and now its working and coming on really easy at the moment, ive just put 2nd hand trailing arms, with abs sensors and hand brake cables, so might have just been a dodgy sensor (i think passenger side as i did that last)

any help appreciated and thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
Marshffs

Marshffs

PostSubject: Re: advice needed about bleeding brakes   advice needed about bleeding brakes EmptyWed 12 Mar - 22:48

Work on diagonals mate, front then back, front then back. You will have air in the system. Thats the way i learnt of me father and never failed me lol
Back to top Go down
byronsdaddy

byronsdaddy

PostSubject: Re: advice needed about bleeding brakes   advice needed about bleeding brakes EmptyWed 12 Mar - 23:04

my dad says usually he'd work from the furthest away from master cylinder first to closest last but he said he was unsure how it would work on mine as it looks like different setup lol will give that a try over the next few days bud as im exhausted now lol but thankyou so much for advice will start at the last brake fitted and it wouldnt hurt to chuck the new front pads in aswell instead of me being lazy lol
Back to top Go down
byronsdaddy

byronsdaddy

PostSubject: Re: advice needed about bleeding brakes   advice needed about bleeding brakes EmptyWed 12 Mar - 23:06

on another note i passed your car with your lass in it the other day lol i did flash or wave and got a reply lol just to let her know it was me and the wife passing lol
Back to top Go down
Marshffs

Marshffs

PostSubject: Re: advice needed about bleeding brakes   advice needed about bleeding brakes EmptyWed 12 Mar - 23:09

Make sure your pads are in right aswel, i once put a spring clip on my Astra i had, the wrong way and they went spongy till I clicked lol.
She said she seen a red 1 other day lol.
Back to top Go down
byronsdaddy

byronsdaddy

PostSubject: Re: advice needed about bleeding brakes   advice needed about bleeding brakes EmptyWed 12 Mar - 23:13

was on my way to crook lol
Back to top Go down
andybish

andybish

PostSubject: Re: advice needed about bleeding brakes   advice needed about bleeding brakes EmptyWed 12 Mar - 23:39

i know it may seem daft but make sure calipers are on right way make sure nipple is at top not bottom
Back to top Go down
byronsdaddy

byronsdaddy

PostSubject: Re: advice needed about bleeding brakes   advice needed about bleeding brakes EmptyWed 12 Mar - 23:45

i think air got in as couldnt stop fluid leaking while i went to get new driveshaft, its all back together and driveable but brakes are crappy and almost useless, will sort it when daylight comes, as gonna need and extra foot for brake pedal lol
Back to top Go down
andybish

andybish

PostSubject: Re: advice needed about bleeding brakes   advice needed about bleeding brakes EmptyWed 12 Mar - 23:56

yeah ya need 2 people to bleed brakes do you know how to do it? ya need some one in the car
you open bleed nipple then tell the person in the car to slowly pump the brake pedle till the air is out then on the last pump tell them to hold the pedle down then you lock the nipple off and keep checking fluid is topped up and do this to all the brakes start off passenger rear drivers reaar passenger front then end at drivers front
Back to top Go down
byronsdaddy

byronsdaddy

PostSubject: Re: advice needed about bleeding brakes   advice needed about bleeding brakes EmptyThu 13 Mar - 10:43

thanks m8 just needed to check where to start and finish with wheels, going to give it a shot hopefully sometime today Smile
Back to top Go down
byronsdaddy

byronsdaddy

PostSubject: Re: advice needed about bleeding brakes   advice needed about bleeding brakes EmptyThu 13 Mar - 16:31

got it sorted was air in rear brake and one front break, i can stop again now lol thanks everyone Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: advice needed about bleeding brakes   advice needed about bleeding brakes Empty

Back to top Go down

advice needed about bleeding brakes
Page 1 of 1