North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
New to this and to Subaru's EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
New to this and to Subaru's EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
New to this and to Subaru's EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
New to this and to Subaru's EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
New to this and to Subaru's EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
New to this and to Subaru's EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
New to this and to Subaru's EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
New to this and to Subaru's EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
New to this and to Subaru's EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

New to this and to Subaru's

Go down 
+15
coldflame90
crad08
kempy85
alan_turbo2000
Hutchy1979
chrissyg
maca
lian&johnsti
SG03RRZ
oggy
discodaz
Mid_Life_Crisis
Marshffs
kgt
danthomas21
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
danthomas21

danthomas21

New to this and to Subaru's Empty
PostSubject: New to this and to Subaru's   New to this and to Subaru's EmptySat 5 Apr - 16:02

I bought a impreza ukturbo 2000 last week for £1200 pound, from a friend of a friend. It has vf28 turbo, 2.5 inch straight through exhaust, an Andy Forest remap and is estimated to be around 300bhp.
The problem, it has been sat still for around 4 month and just been on the roads for the last week or so. When i was driving home after about 15 mile of carefull driving and staying out of boost i opened her up in 3rd gear and when boosting it wasnt smooth but harsh and jerky. Also even when idling when warm if you rev high say 4500rpm then let off the revs the revs drop down and the car stalls, it done this when driving home too.
The lad said this has happened before and is the lamba sensor so today i changed that, still happening, i also put 20 litres of shell V-power fuel in as i assumed the fuel that was in would be poor. (10litres was put in before i drove home but there was fuel sat in the tank as the car had been sat for a while)
My mate said it could be the atmospheric dump valve. Any ideas what it could be before she goes to a garage? Much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: New to this and to Subaru's   New to this and to Subaru's EmptySat 5 Apr - 16:07

Dan, welcome aboard the good ship NESF. You have absolutely come to the right place to learn about the car......and lighten your bank balance. Sure one of the techs will be along soon with a likely diagnosis. Hope u get sorted.
Back to top Go down
Marshffs

Marshffs

PostSubject: Re: New to this and to Subaru's   New to this and to Subaru's EmptySat 5 Apr - 16:12

If it has been sat that long with fuel in the tank, you should of drained the tank and filled it with fresh fuel. However all them problems lead to an Air Leak or a dirty/knackered idle control valve. Other people will help you on here who have a lot of knowledge about these cars. Iv had similar probs with a previous car.
Welcome to the forum aswel mate, keep coming on and join in the crack.
Back to top Go down
danthomas21

danthomas21

PostSubject: Re: New to this and to Subaru's   New to this and to Subaru's EmptySat 5 Apr - 16:29

Would the ICV cause my car to stall after revving it high? when you rev to about 3000rpm the revs drop to below 300rpm and the car is close to stall. it only stalls when the revvs have been higher say 4500rpm, or say enough revs to make the car dump.
Back to top Go down
Marshffs

Marshffs

PostSubject: Re: New to this and to Subaru's   New to this and to Subaru's EmptySat 5 Apr - 16:40

I cleaned mine and attached new silicone vacuum hoses around the turbo/solenoid area and put a 0.8 resistor pill in and it was job done. Could be numerous other things but is say ICV with me having similar probs
Back to top Go down
Mid_Life_Crisis

PostSubject: Re: New to this and to Subaru's   New to this and to Subaru's EmptySat 5 Apr - 16:53

Welcome to NESF  Cool 
Back to top Go down
discodaz

discodaz

PostSubject: Re: New to this and to Subaru's   New to this and to Subaru's EmptySat 5 Apr - 16:57

welcome aboard fella
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/darrenjayphotography
danthomas21

danthomas21

PostSubject: Re: New to this and to Subaru's   New to this and to Subaru's EmptySat 5 Apr - 17:01

also there are no warning lights on the dash, yes the lad before me installed eclipse performance silicone hoses, i will look into the ICV. I'm new to all this so when you say things like 0.8 resistor pill it makes no sense but i learn quickly and i think i'm going to need to with my new car. appreciate the help like lads
Back to top Go down
oggy

oggy

PostSubject: Re: New to this and to Subaru's   New to this and to Subaru's EmptySat 5 Apr - 17:06

Welcome buddy
Back to top Go down
SG03RRZ

SG03RRZ

PostSubject: Re: New to this and to Subaru's   New to this and to Subaru's EmptySat 5 Apr - 17:11

O shit its got the dreaded parts... Just so you know the additives put in premiere files is v power. Momentum and bps one (can't remember) tend to split away from the fuel after 6 weeks of leaving the pumps. Welcome aboard dan
Back to top Go down
danthomas21

danthomas21

PostSubject: Re: New to this and to Subaru's   New to this and to Subaru's EmptySat 5 Apr - 17:12

just some more info for yous, it idles fine its only when the revs begin to drop does it stall. if you are carefull and catch the revs you can stop it stalling.
Back to top Go down
danthomas21

danthomas21

PostSubject: Re: New to this and to Subaru's   New to this and to Subaru's EmptySat 5 Apr - 17:29

thanks for the welcomes guys, i hear this the place to be when you enter the world of subaru's. i will get some pics later on for yous lot there are some awesome cars just on this post alone!! you will be seeing alot from me as i have big plans for mine. Its my 4th car, ive drove 30 miles in it maximum and already i love it!! just want her running right. Unfortunatley she wont be on the road properly until july as i am only 20 at the minute but come july i will be 21 with a staggering 4 years no claims! so plenty time to get her sweet as nut. ... with your help ofcourse haha
Back to top Go down
lian&johnsti

lian&johnsti

PostSubject: Re: New to this and to Subaru's   New to this and to Subaru's EmptySat 5 Apr - 18:05

Hi and welcome to nesf  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: New to this and to Subaru's   New to this and to Subaru's EmptySat 5 Apr - 18:22

Welcome aboard  Very Happy 

Get some new plugs in is the first thing id do  Wink 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New to this and to Subaru's   New to this and to Subaru's EmptySat 5 Apr - 18:35

Welcome aboard mate - you'll get plenty of help and advice on here young man - both technical and as KGT says how to empty your wallet on your Subaru as well  Lucky! 
Back to top Go down
danthomas21

danthomas21

PostSubject: Re: New to this and to Subaru's   New to this and to Subaru's EmptySat 5 Apr - 18:48

hi guys thanks for the help, plan is to change fuel filter and the ICV then see where i get will keep yous posted
Back to top Go down
Marshffs

Marshffs

PostSubject: Re: New to this and to Subaru's   New to this and to Subaru's EmptySat 5 Apr - 18:50

Just clean ICV first mate. It most likely be because its been stood and shite fuel is in the system.
Back to top Go down
danthomas21

danthomas21

PostSubject: Re: New to this and to Subaru's   New to this and to Subaru's EmptySat 5 Apr - 18:54

yeah i will, thats tomorrows job, can you recommend a cleaner ?
Back to top Go down
Marshffs

Marshffs

PostSubject: Re: New to this and to Subaru's   New to this and to Subaru's EmptySat 5 Apr - 19:05

Brake cleaner mate.
Back to top Go down
chrissyg

chrissyg

PostSubject: Re: New to this and to Subaru's   New to this and to Subaru's EmptySat 5 Apr - 19:06

welcome  Smile 
Back to top Go down
Hutchy1979

Hutchy1979

PostSubject: Re: New to this and to Subaru's   New to this and to Subaru's EmptySat 5 Apr - 19:29

Welcome mate Smile
Back to top Go down
alan_turbo2000

PostSubject: Re: New to this and to Subaru's   New to this and to Subaru's EmptySat 5 Apr - 19:54

howdy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kempy85

kempy85

PostSubject: Re: New to this and to Subaru's   New to this and to Subaru's EmptySat 5 Apr - 20:22

Welcome
Back to top Go down
crad08

crad08

PostSubject: Re: New to this and to Subaru's   New to this and to Subaru's EmptySat 5 Apr - 20:28

Hi and welcome . Hope you get problem sorted as stated plenty of good lads on here and mechanics etc
Back to top Go down
coldflame90

coldflame90

PostSubject: Re: New to this and to Subaru's   New to this and to Subaru's EmptySun 6 Apr - 14:24

welcome pal
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to this and to Subaru's   New to this and to Subaru's Empty

Back to top Go down

New to this and to Subaru's
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next