North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Car shows gone quiet just not the same  EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Car shows gone quiet just not the same  EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Car shows gone quiet just not the same  EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Car shows gone quiet just not the same  EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Car shows gone quiet just not the same  EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Car shows gone quiet just not the same  EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Car shows gone quiet just not the same  EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Car shows gone quiet just not the same  EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Car shows gone quiet just not the same  EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Car shows gone quiet just not the same

Go down 
+7
SG03RRZ
Marshffs
baldy
andyden71
DAZ.STI
Mick T
garyblake
11 posters
AuthorMessage
garyblake

garyblake

Car shows gone quiet just not the same  Empty
PostSubject: Car shows gone quiet just not the same    Car shows gone quiet just not the same  EmptyMon 14 Apr - 20:07

I been into modified car since iv passed my test and used to love it and was good fun back then but last few month all car meets iv been to seem to be quiet ?

is it me losing interested or do you feel the same

Rent a ramp
Silver link
Blyth
Summer madness
Ect
Back to top Go down
Mick T

Mick T

PostSubject: Re: Car shows gone quiet just not the same    Car shows gone quiet just not the same  EmptyMon 14 Apr - 20:10

Your just growing up mate.
Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: Car shows gone quiet just not the same    Car shows gone quiet just not the same  EmptyMon 14 Apr - 20:13

affraid nooooo

I think your right  Crying or Very sad

Iv been trying to go to more car meet to get back into in and get diffrent bit for my scooby but it's just not the same

Last edited by garyblake on Mon 14 Apr - 20:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DAZ.STI

DAZ.STI

PostSubject: Re: Car shows gone quiet just not the same    Car shows gone quiet just not the same  EmptyMon 14 Apr - 20:14

Wasn't at Blyth and to be honest I don't make the effort to go, even though I love cars, but lad at work was at Blyth and said the same, everyone in their own little 'clicks' and not really mingling.
Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: Car shows gone quiet just not the same    Car shows gone quiet just not the same  EmptyMon 14 Apr - 20:20

Yep people drive up in there car sit there chat to there mate then drive of 20 minutes later I stayed till 9ish and felt why did I come and have thou the same last few shows seen couple scooby tops

I have more fun driving there and back then I do at the shows
Back to top Go down
Mick T

Mick T

PostSubject: Re: Car shows gone quiet just not the same    Car shows gone quiet just not the same  EmptyMon 14 Apr - 20:23

A remember about 10 year ago going down the coast and you knew everybody and there was a awesome atmosphere loads of crack and all round good times every night just about. I used to go to every car show going with stick and the lads from Bassmechanix had 160db Clio which I used to shake the earth with and a loved it. Don't get me wrong still love cars but really couldn't care about these meets any more rather be in the garage tweeking the bommer for the next sprint.
Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: Car shows gone quiet just not the same    Car shows gone quiet just not the same  EmptyMon 14 Apr - 20:27

Yep your right there back in the saxo days sea front spilers sound systems  driving around town lol! 

Now it's like drive thou
Back to top Go down
Mick T

Mick T

PostSubject: Re: Car shows gone quiet just not the same    Car shows gone quiet just not the same  EmptyMon 14 Apr - 20:34

That was it like cost then town or whitley send what up could pick up then down to the car park at the priory  Wink 
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: Car shows gone quiet just not the same    Car shows gone quiet just not the same  EmptyMon 14 Apr - 20:40

I try to make Afew myself but money or lack of it gets me every time I went to rent a ramp and everyone where in there little groups no one tryed to speak I did speak to Afew peaple they spoke abit then turned away to there mates
Back to top Go down
baldy

baldy

PostSubject: Re: Car shows gone quiet just not the same    Car shows gone quiet just not the same  EmptyMon 14 Apr - 20:47

Everywhere quiet mate .im on about 15-20 forums seems like the main souls on the forums just finding it hard..like the family man that had a few pennies to buy a nice playtoy just selling up COs they cant afford to run them .so they loose interest then it just snowballs.
i think NESF ,SCOTTISH SCOOBIES AND SCOOBYNET are the main 3 in uk .
Nesf will have the highest plot at NBO i think .But your right the car shows just not the same as they were 2yr ago
Back to top Go down
Marshffs

Marshffs

PostSubject: Re: Car shows gone quiet just not the same    Car shows gone quiet just not the same  EmptyMon 14 Apr - 21:06

Plus the fact half of the cars like Fast Fords, Cavaliers, GTE's, GTturbos etc are getting rarer by the day, nobody wants to goto meets/shows and look at clio's that have been driven through Halfords, lit up like a Xmas tree with a 17yr old tart in the passenger seat anymore.
I used to do it and i look back and think What a knob head.
Back to top Go down
SG03RRZ

SG03RRZ

PostSubject: Re: Car shows gone quiet just not the same    Car shows gone quiet just not the same  EmptyMon 14 Apr - 21:09

That and all the big shows are to far south or deep Scotland
Back to top Go down
DAZ.STI

DAZ.STI

PostSubject: Re: Car shows gone quiet just not the same    Car shows gone quiet just not the same  EmptyMon 14 Apr - 21:09

Police not helping either, lad at work said there was a modded Astra, all smoothed, no door handles or petrol cap, must of cost the lad a fortune, coppers dun him for not havin petrol cap on outside of car?????
Back to top Go down
byers

byers

PostSubject: Re: Car shows gone quiet just not the same    Car shows gone quiet just not the same  EmptyMon 14 Apr - 21:10

17 year old tart right up my street wtf !!
Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: Car shows gone quiet just not the same    Car shows gone quiet just not the same  EmptyMon 14 Apr - 21:12

Yep were all waiting for nissan and nbo Smile
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: Car shows gone quiet just not the same    Car shows gone quiet just not the same  EmptyMon 14 Apr - 21:16

byers wrote:

lol! 
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: Car shows gone quiet just not the same    Car shows gone quiet just not the same  EmptyMon 14 Apr - 22:00

byers wrote:
I was gonna say the same mate
Back to top Go down
Lordharding

PostSubject: Re: Car shows gone quiet just not the same    Car shows gone quiet just not the same  EmptyMon 14 Apr - 22:01

Interesting watching the NBO numbers on scoobynet too
Pledging going
Nesf going well though !!!

Over at B-SPOC we are doing ok as we have diversity in our members cars
still 30% scoobies amd a good mixture of RS ,seats ,fords ,vauxhalls ,mazdas, jags,and even a Nismo and getting good turnouts at our monthly meetings

Jdm and Carlisle performance group going well again mixture of cars while nationally Subaru clubs are reducing in numbers ,apart from Nesf that is
Back to top Go down
Marshffs

Marshffs

PostSubject: Re: Car shows gone quiet just not the same    Car shows gone quiet just not the same  EmptyMon 14 Apr - 22:10

andyden71 wrote:
byers wrote:
I was gonna say the same mate

Dirty bastards the pair o ya's Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Richyprodrive1988

Richyprodrive1988

PostSubject: Re: Car shows gone quiet just not the same    Car shows gone quiet just not the same  EmptyTue 15 Apr - 8:19

I reckon it has a lot to do with the rozzers like. I remember 10-12 years ago I used to tag along to team valley or arnison centre moth my big sisters mates. They used to be packed out every Saturday with all sorts from cossies to novas to skylines. Couldn't even get a space a lot of the time. And they used to fly up and down the duel carriageways and do doughnuts and burnouts in the car parks. But then the coppers started complaining of noisy exhausts and sound systems and closing the car parks. I used to look in awe dreaming of the day I could afford a scoob, and now it's here it's about as exciting as tea and biscuits with my granny on a Sunday afternoon! Haha
Back to top Go down
baldy

baldy

PostSubject: Re: Car shows gone quiet just not the same    Car shows gone quiet just not the same  EmptyTue 15 Apr - 9:26

Lordharding wrote:
Interesting watching the NBO numbers on scoobynet too
Pledging going
Nesf going well though !!!

Over at B-SPOC we are doing ok as we have diversity in our members cars
still 30% scoobies amd a good mixture of RS ,seats ,fords ,vauxhalls ,mazdas, jags,and even a Nismo and getting good turnouts at our monthly meetings

Jdm and Carlisle performance group going well again mixture of cars while nationally Subaru clubs are reducing in numbers ,apart from Nesf that is

hey lordy are you on a recruitment drive for b-spoc...
i can t find the forum could you send me a link please
as i must escape the madness of nesf they don't appreciate my
focus or my sarcastic sense of humour...
Back to top Go down
Lordharding

PostSubject: Re: Car shows gone quiet just not the same    Car shows gone quiet just not the same  EmptyTue 15 Apr - 10:52

No recruitment drive as we are the other side of the country !!
Dumfriesshire and one or two from cumbria
Www.B-SPOC.co.uk

Cumbrian scoobs is very quite now so I needed something else to keep me going as my workload is reduced at the moment  cheers 

Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: Car shows gone quiet just not the same    Car shows gone quiet just not the same  EmptyTue 15 Apr - 19:01

Thou were the days don't for get the neons Smile I thou the same in my saxo seen a scooby or skyline and thou love to have one them one day now Iv got one and made it my Owen it's all gone  Crying or Very sad we should arrange a few drive out to get the fun back Smile
Back to top Go down
Lordharding

PostSubject: Re: Car shows gone quiet just not the same    Car shows gone quiet just not the same  EmptyTue 15 Apr - 20:31

Omg neons
I saw some at a cruise last year
Like a step back to the nineties with texting and ill fitting jeans
Back to top Go down
Marshffs

Marshffs

PostSubject: Re: Car shows gone quiet just not the same    Car shows gone quiet just not the same  EmptyTue 15 Apr - 20:37

Neons pmsl, i was putting a backbox on the car last week, decided to give exhaust a once over, got under the car at the front, stuck under the bumper was a big blue neon bulb. Its still on lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Car shows gone quiet just not the same    Car shows gone quiet just not the same  Empty

Back to top Go down

Car shows gone quiet just not the same
Page 1 of 1