North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Hazard Perception Test EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Hazard Perception Test EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Hazard Perception Test EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Hazard Perception Test EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Hazard Perception Test EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Hazard Perception Test EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Hazard Perception Test EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Hazard Perception Test EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Hazard Perception Test EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Hazard Perception Test

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Walwal

Walwal

Hazard Perception Test Empty
PostSubject: Hazard Perception Test   Hazard Perception Test EmptyWed 7 Apr - 23:32

Anyone done the Hazard Perception Test recently??

If I go for my bike test, I'll have to do it, but I've tried a free online one and I was rubbish at it.

How easy/hard is it??

Cheers,

Andy.
Back to top Go down
Spleenmachine

Spleenmachine

Location : Chuck Norris doesn't breathe, when he inhales he takes Air hostage!

PostSubject: Re: Hazard Perception Test   Hazard Perception Test EmptyThu 8 Apr - 20:47

Its no that bad mate,

I passed 1st time and only used the free online tests, the trick is to click the button really early, always look right to the end of the road and if you see, say a white van about to pop up from behind a hedge and come around the corner, Click the button as soon as you see it. Very Happy And you'll score the maximum 5 points, if you let the van come closer the points will count down to zero and thats what you'll score for that particular scenario Rolling Eyes

I've recently passed me module 1, so one more test and I can get my R6 out to play Very Happy Cool

Get it done fella Wink
Back to top Go down
lian&johnsti

lian&johnsti

PostSubject: Re: Hazard Perception Test   Hazard Perception Test EmptyThu 8 Apr - 21:16

I've just passed mine last week on the first time of trying, like spleen says you've got to get in there early to score 5 points, when i went in for the test the examiner told me if your an experienced driver you will proberbly click a bit to early and score no points, so what i did was click as soon as i saw the hazard then gave an extra 2 clicks as the hazard approached, this is allowed as long as you don't go mad, only one of your clicks will count, the others will be ignored, it realy improves your chances, it worked really well for me, i scored 65 and you only need 42, not saying it will work for everyone, but just give it a try on the online one, let me know how you get on, starting my lessons now, then hopefully talk the other half into letting me go play with spleen on an r6 affraid when i've passed Laughing Laughing
john king

Last edited by lian&johnwrx on Thu 8 Apr - 23:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Walwal

Walwal

PostSubject: Re: Hazard Perception Test   Hazard Perception Test EmptyThu 8 Apr - 22:27

Well on the online one, I've had 2 where I've been pulled for cheating by clicking the mouse too many times Shocked Shocked I'd only clicked about 6 times the whole clip and I think this is what's got me worried.

I'll see what happens after I have a think about it confused confused

Cheers,

Andy.
Back to top Go down
lian&johnsti

lian&johnsti

PostSubject: Re: Hazard Perception Test   Hazard Perception Test EmptyThu 8 Apr - 22:37

On some of the clips i pressed more than 6 times and it was okay, but i never did the test on the internet so don't know about that one, i got the disc with the moc tests on, would definatly advise you to get one of them as its the official dsa test, good luck if you go for it Smile Smile
john king
Back to top Go down
Spleenmachine

Spleenmachine

Location : Chuck Norris doesn't breathe, when he inhales he takes Air hostage!

PostSubject: Re: Hazard Perception Test   Hazard Perception Test EmptyFri 9 Apr - 23:09

I wouldn't get too hung up on the online tests as failing you for clicking too much is bollocks, I did probably exactly as John said he did and passed 1st time Wink

Online test will just show you what your likely to come across on the test so your more relaxed and familiar with the set-up Cool

I cant get a test date for my Module 1, til mid/late April Rolling Eyes

So i've booked another 2 lessons to keep the flow going til then.

John, what bike you after like? I've bought an R6 and never even rode it yet affraid Laughing
Back to top Go down
Walwal

Walwal

PostSubject: Re: Hazard Perception Test   Hazard Perception Test EmptySat 10 Apr - 7:06

Did my CBT yesterday. Having had very limited experience of being on a bike (a go on a field bike 25 years ago), I found it really tough being out on the road. There was so much to think about that in a car now just comes naturally. I passed, but I have to say I was too stressed to enjoy it.

It started to come together towards the end, and obviously I must have done ok overall or I wouldn't have got the certificate, but I cannot stop thinking about all the mistakes and times when I was rubbish.

I cannot remember learning to drive a car being so hard to do all them years ago (but it probably was I suppose Neutral Neutral )

Andy.
Back to top Go down
lian&johnsti

lian&johnsti

PostSubject: Re: Hazard Perception Test   Hazard Perception Test EmptySat 10 Apr - 16:05

Nice one Andy cheers cheers , not bad considering you haven't been on a bike for 25 years, the more you ride the more you will enjoy it, i can guarentee that. i've had off road bikes for years but never rode on the road, so know exactly where your coming from when you say it stressed you out, but honestly with it bit more experience it will all fall in to place and thats when you will start to enjoy it Very Happy .

Yeah spleen i'm after an r6 aswell, for the money they cost for a 2000 model there's nothing else that interests me, as i've got to have a sports bike Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad , got to talk Lian round yet though Wink Wink . Must be hard for you having one and not being able to get out on it, good idea to book some extra lessons while you wait, good luck on the test. John king
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hazard Perception Test   Hazard Perception Test Empty

Back to top Go down

Hazard Perception Test
Page 1 of 1