North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
The two sites EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
The two sites EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
The two sites EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
The two sites EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
The two sites EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
The two sites EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
The two sites EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
The two sites EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
The two sites EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

The two sites

Go down 
+13
Spleenmachine
wrxpaul
Scooberuni
stevebt
Robbo_22
Dan G
keffer
phil555
FINN
Jonny Gav
Walwal
Caryn190
kgt
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kgt
Admin
kgt

The two sites Empty
PostSubject: The two sites   The two sites EmptyWed 14 Apr - 12:32

I havent said much on the matter as I dont have as much history as many of you and I havent been what you'd call an active participant (drives out, meets, RR days etc) but I'm really saddened by what has happened over the last few months. This might sound a bit strange, but I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve and what you see is usualy what you get, so here goes.

When I bought my impreza I thought I was just buying a car. But over time I got people flashing and waving at me, which was quite nice. I started to look out for other cars like mine and wanted to get my wave / flash in first.

Shortly after this I came across Scoobynet and posted a few times on there and started to enjoy some banter and was directed by one of you guys to TTS and it all took off from there.

I became part of a community, even part of an extended family if you like. Ive met a good few people (usually parting with cash at the time) and some of them I can now call my friends - people who genuninely contribute to my life and make it that little bit richer each day. Christ almighty, thats not easy to come by in this day and age, where people dont have as much time for each other and often dont even care.

That piece of metal and plastic that I bought is now part of me. Its sounds stupid but its true. And you people out there are part of all that and part of whats special about owning one of these cars. That feeling of belonging to something is unique and should be protected not torn apart.

I dont know if its possible to put a sticky plaster over the wounds or whether its too late for that and its terminal, but I do hope people dont become entrenched and choose sides as everyone loses there, particularly people like myself who just look on and watch their family falling apart in front of their eyes and feel helpless to do anything, apart from appeal to peoples better natures and hope that common sense can prevail.

Here endeth my genuine, honest, heartfelt plea.
Back to top Go down
Caryn190

Caryn190

The two sites Empty
PostSubject: Re: The two sites   The two sites EmptyWed 14 Apr - 13:20

Thank you Kofi Annan Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Walwal

Walwal

The two sites Empty
PostSubject: Re: The two sites   The two sites EmptyWed 14 Apr - 17:20

Well I was a bit sad the way TTS started to go as it had been a decent place to visit and get info, go on runs etc.

HOWEVER, what's happened over there could have been avoided in my opinion. Over heavy moderating, and "pay the membership or F*** Off" attitude has driven many people including me running for the exits.

They keep saying over there that they couldn't continue to run it as a free club and Cumbrian Scoobs was the model they've been continually quoting. I wonder if Cumbrian Scoobs adopt the same policies when it comes to the attitudes of certain people in power in their club. If so, I wonder how they're still going. If not, it must just be down to the power mongers running TTS. Also, this forum is free, so how come 1 can do it, but the other cannot??

I'm not bothered about TTS now. I haven't logged in there for going on a month (tho I did visit as a guest after Finn's thread on here about wanting his account deleted), and I have no intention of doing so. From what I've read in various threads on here, nothing's changed over there, bar maybe it's worse now than a month ago. Wouldn't bother me if it ceased to exist to be honest.

People can still have a foot in both camps so to speak, but I'll not be one of them. I left school a long time ago, and don't need TTS to take me back there I'm afraid. Since I've been on here, there's nothing that's made me think "I don't like that" and want to go back to TTS. This place is what TTS used to be and hopefully will remain so for a long time. I'm not going to slate someone for regularly going on TTS just cos I don't. Each to their own as far as I'm concerned and I reckon everyone on here will feel the same. BUT, you try to mention this forum over there and you'll probably be run out of town.

But as for a reconciliation KGT, I cannot see that ever happening. I think too much has gone on with too many people to ever get things sorted out. Maybe it's just better the 2 places stay apart and grow (or die) the way they each want to...

Andy.
Back to top Go down
Caryn190

Caryn190

The two sites Empty
PostSubject: Re: The two sites   The two sites EmptySat 17 Apr - 9:49

The problem in my opinion is with TTS. You cant mention NESF on there without it being deleted but theres somebody advertising a cruise somewhere and that posts been there all week so how come the double standards? You can mention any other club except NESF - how childish is that?

Harvey seems to blame Jonny for jumping ship and being underhand ahout everything but he approached Martin with his issues and was ignored. I havent seen Martin posting anywhere that this wasnt true. Jonnys an adult (sometimes Very Happy) so he and a few others decided to create another forum where they could post what they wanted, big deal its a free country. Jonny attended nearly every TTS meet Ive ever been to whilst I havent seen Harvey at one. Jonny helped and advised members with his vast subaru knowledge without trying to sell them something while nearly every thread Harvey ever posted on desended into a slanging match. Ive known Jonny nearly 4 years now and hes always been there offering advice as my car developed and I for one do not think hes the villain that Harvey is trying to portray him as.

I love the way NESF has evolved, we dont pay membership but we are asked for input into the forum and how the club is run and its a true sign of democracy not the dictatorship that TTS has become.

Id love the 2 sites to get along but while they have this absolute hatred of NESF I dont think its going to happen Sad
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

The two sites Empty
PostSubject: Re: The two sites   The two sites EmptySat 17 Apr - 12:52

Thanks for the kind words Caryn, it isn't hard to run a successful forum and club for that matter IF you have the right people involved in setting it up and running it, luckily we have that on NESF.

The key is listen to what the members want and react to it........simples Cool
Back to top Go down
FINN
Admin
FINN

The two sites Empty
PostSubject: Re: The two sites   The two sites EmptySun 18 Apr - 0:02

just read this thread, and agree with all the above comments. Very Happy

must add the reason i asked to be deleted from TTS, was because everytime i logged on a read what the admin (harvey), was saying to everyday members and his attitude totally stank, was treating me and others (still is) like school kids.

it started to really annoy and pee me off, so thort best to have my account deleted and have a stress free forum life Laughing

its been funny the last few weeks as av had people i hav never met , ringing me saying i been looking everyway to get your number(carnt pm on tts anymore), and had to go back thru a few ov your old posts, and realised you fell out with a certian person Laughing
Back to top Go down
phil555

phil555

The two sites Empty
PostSubject: Re: The two sites   The two sites EmptySun 18 Apr - 10:01

Some wise a very true words been spoken on this thread (Keith you should be an author... Laughing.). I have been into Scoobs now for around 4-5 years and have also met some cracking folk and made some good friends (most of which are a part of NESF). I first met all of them through TTS when the crack over there was great. TTS has really lost it's way IMO and I am slowly losing the urge to veiw and post over there.
Back to top Go down
keffer

keffer

The two sites Empty
PostSubject: Re: The two sites   The two sites EmptySun 18 Apr - 11:48

true what phil555 wrote
TTS isn't what it was a year ago and if you say a word or make a joke you get told of by people...
it's like a dicatatorship now with harvey as dictator....
but i have nothing against TTS don't understand me wrong here but NESF is better as you can make some jokes and you don't need to dead serious.. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dan G

Dan G

The two sites Empty
PostSubject: Re: The two sites   The two sites EmptySun 18 Apr - 20:15

Ive been a member of TTS for a few years now

Thought it was going downhill quite a while ago and I started going on less and less

I havnt been on for quite a while now and have no interest in loggin on
Back to top Go down
Robbo_22

The two sites Empty
PostSubject: Re: The two sites   The two sites EmptySun 18 Apr - 20:27

It's deffo gone down hill but it's been better the last couple of days - i.e. no Harvey posts pissing people off Shocked

If the TTS admin/mods would grow the balls to get shot of him I think it would stand a beter chance of survival. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
stevebt

stevebt

The two sites Empty
PostSubject: Re: The two sites   The two sites EmptySun 18 Apr - 22:21

Robbo_22 wrote:
It's deffo gone down hill but it's been better the last couple of days - i.e. no Harvey posts pissing people off Shocked

If the TTS admin/mods would grow the balls to get shot of him I think it would stand a beter chance of survival. Rolling Eyes

Harvey has always been the downfall of TTS and martins idea of saving the forum by making harvey a webmaster has just killed it even more. I said as soon as the new site started people would be banned constantly and I have just been proved right Very Happy If you don't agree with Harvey he takes offence Smile
Back to top Go down
FINN
Admin
FINN

The two sites Empty
PostSubject: Re: The two sites   The two sites EmptyMon 19 Apr - 2:18

stevebt wrote:
Robbo_22 wrote:

Harvey has always been the downfall of TTS and martins idea of saving the forum by making harvey a webmaster has just killed it even more. I said as soon as the new site started people would be banned constantly and I have just been proved right Very Happy If you don't agree with Harvey he takes offence Smile

coudnt agree more, = putting harvey on admin was the biggest mistake TTS has ever made.
i no the way harvey works = its his way or no way

he may bully people , but theres ne way he will bully me.

thats why i have retaleted.

lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Scooberuni

Scooberuni

The two sites Empty
PostSubject: Re: The two sites   The two sites EmptyMon 19 Apr - 2:45

Strange topic this one,
I've seen the same thread on TTS
but with a slightly different reaction.

Seems people are keen on congratulating
each other and general pats on the back
when the reality is that their forum is fading
and will die out eventually.

People will not pay to speak their mind, fact!!!
Back to top Go down
wrxpaul

wrxpaul

The two sites Empty
PostSubject: Re: The two sites   The two sites EmptyMon 19 Apr - 15:41

looks like harvey will end up sinking the good ship tts for good give him enough rope he soon hang himself cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Spleenmachine

Spleenmachine

Location : Chuck Norris doesn't breathe, when he inhales he takes Air hostage!

The two sites Empty
PostSubject: Re: The two sites   The two sites EmptyTue 20 Apr - 21:44

I dont post much if at all on TiTS anymore, although I still log on by habit and its still sh*te Laughing

Dont post on here much at the min either to be fair silent Busy being a dad, grafting like fook! (poor scooby only does 6-7 miles a day and not much weekend play, but the suns coming out now cheers ) and doing bike lessons Cool

But this is the place to be IMO afro

Fuck the rest cos NESF's the best!
Back to top Go down
EJ22 GAV

EJ22 GAV

The two sites Empty
PostSubject: Re: The two sites   The two sites EmptyWed 21 Apr - 6:54

well, me and my alter ego (jonny, finn, dan etc u know what i mean Laughing ) havent been on tts for ages because i got deleted for posting a nesf banner accidently, and my alter ego is busy ''on stage'' hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
keffer

keffer

The two sites Empty
PostSubject: Re: The two sites   The two sites EmptyWed 21 Apr - 11:53

Spleenmachine wrote:
I dont post much if at all on TiTS anymore, although I still log on by habit and its still sh*te Laughing

Dont post on here much at the min either to be fair silent Busy being a dad, grafting like fook! (poor scooby only does 6-7 miles a day and not much weekend play, but the suns coming out now cheers ) and doing bike lessons Cool

But this is the place to be IMO afro

Fuck the rest cos NESF's the best!
true that i still go on TTS to read if something new's going on but that's everything
Back to top Go down
big deano

big deano

The two sites Empty
PostSubject: suprise suprise   The two sites EmptyWed 21 Apr - 22:32

SUPRISE SUPRISE IVE JUST HAD A POST DELETED FOR VOICING MY OPINION ABOUT REVOLUTION WHAT I SAID WAS I THOUGHT THEY WERE OVER PRICED AND SHOULD NOT HAVE PEOPLE LIKE DOUGY WORKING ON ANY CAR IN THERE GARAGE DUE TO THE SH*TE WORK HE DOES AND THEY BANNED IT WHAT A CROCK OF SH*T Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
drumsterphil

The two sites Empty
PostSubject: Re: The two sites   The two sites EmptyWed 21 Apr - 22:34

No need to shout Wink

AFAIK Dougy hasn't worked at Revolution for sometime.
Back to top Go down
big deano

big deano

The two sites Empty
PostSubject: AA   The two sites EmptyWed 21 Apr - 22:39

drumsterphil wrote:
No need to shout Wink

AFAIK Dougy hasn't worked at Revolution for sometime.

ive just heard but i was told on just saturday that he was still there but i have just put an apology post for revolution but deleting my post is not the way forward to solve a problem is it?
Back to top Go down
drumsterphil

The two sites Empty
PostSubject: Re: The two sites   The two sites EmptyWed 21 Apr - 22:53

Dude, there's any number of people on this site that have had a shitty deal from TTS despite putting considerable time and effort into that club. It's just the way it is, more important things toget stressed about and TTS ain't one of them so peace out afro

I'm just greatful that Jesus and his disciples (teehee) set this lil' old site up - so kick back, relax and party here instead. Cool

(whoah, I'm doing my Kofi Anan bit again Wink )
Back to top Go down

The two sites Empty
PostSubject: Re: The two sites   The two sites EmptyWed 21 Apr - 22:59

deano it's not something we can do anything about on nesf, you need to take that up with their admin/site/team Smile like Kofi said, we're a tad more relaxed afro
Back to top Go down
big deano

big deano

The two sites Empty
PostSubject: aa   The two sites EmptyWed 21 Apr - 23:08

lil_me wrote:
deano it's not something we can do anything about on nesf, you need to take that up with their admin/site/team Smile like Kofi said, we're a tad more relaxed afro

preach brother preach jesus works in misterious ways ohh another thing i say N.E.S.F spray painted on a wall the other day probablys meant summit else but hey cool anyway lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

The two sites Empty
PostSubject: Re: The two sites   The two sites EmptySat 24 Apr - 19:09

I was told the other day there is a BMX gang called NESF, not sure what it stands for though Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dan G

Dan G

The two sites Empty
PostSubject: Re: The two sites   The two sites EmptySat 24 Apr - 19:36

Jonny Gav wrote:
I was told the other day there is a BMX gang called NESF, not sure what it stands for though Laughing

We'll have to get them to change their name then Rolling Eyes Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The two sites Empty
PostSubject: Re: The two sites   The two sites Empty

Back to top Go down

The two sites
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
North East Subaru Forum :: General Chat-
Jump to: