North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted

Go down 
+12
CARLOS
mickymarwood
dynamix
FINN
drew@drewsautos
Don
stevebt
big deano
phil555
Robbo_22
KushBex
iddysti
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
iddysti

iddysti

Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted Empty
PostSubject: Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted   Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted EmptySun 3 Apr - 21:35

I am getting Ecutek Race Rom Fitted next weekend by Bob Rawle, to solve a few issues I have been having with the car and also to add a load of new functions like:-

MAP tuning instead of MAF
Flat foot shifting.
Launch Control
In gear boost setting.
switchable maps
and a load of others goodies.

And you never know a little bit more power Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KushBex

KushBex

PostSubject: Re: Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted   Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted EmptySun 3 Apr - 21:47

Great News,
So do you have a magic figure in mind?

Are you on the rollers at Motoscope next month - will be good to see what you acheive.

When you talk to Bob could you ask him if he has came up with anything for the 98 JDM Foz Auto yet - need mine mapping whenever anyone can map it.
Back to top Go down
Robbo_22

PostSubject: Re: Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted   Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted EmptySun 3 Apr - 21:53

Very nice Cool Cool

Love how the Iddy Hawkeye looks virtually standard (till you look at the brakes Cool ) running this sort of power Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
phil555

phil555

PostSubject: Re: Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted   Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted EmptySun 3 Apr - 21:54

Been a while coming Paul. Hopefully should make the car pretty sweet all-round.
Back to top Go down
big deano

big deano

PostSubject: Re: Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted   Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted EmptySun 3 Apr - 21:57

good luck with that mate sound complicated i wish i knew how to read maps etc should be a nice boost for ya
Back to top Go down
stevebt

stevebt

PostSubject: Re: Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted   Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted EmptySun 3 Apr - 22:04

Personally you need to forget about that and just get a Syvecs ecu fitted and mapped. It will be the best thing for your car. See Paul Blamire as he maps for proper grin factor, him and Andyf are the two best around Wink
Back to top Go down
Don

Don

PostSubject: Re: Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted   Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted EmptySun 3 Apr - 22:07

I read about this on scoobynet a few weeks ago, how did you get in touch with him, i tryed though scoobynet but never heard anything.
Back to top Go down
drew@drewsautos

drew@drewsautos

PostSubject: Re: Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted   Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted EmptySun 3 Apr - 23:45

stevebt wrote:
Personally you need to forget about that and just get a Syvecs ecu fitted and mapped.

yip that'd be a better option its got loads n loads of options sum you'd never even think of and can control everything you'd ever need
Back to top Go down
stevebt

stevebt

PostSubject: Re: Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted   Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted EmptyMon 4 Apr - 0:14

If it wasn't for the cash I would have one now, a normal vpower map and a huge methanol map for fun Very Happy I think I could get near 700bhp with a 20% meths map.
Back to top Go down
stevebt

stevebt

PostSubject: Re: Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted   Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted EmptyMon 4 Apr - 0:16

Don wrote:
I read about this on scoobynet a few weeks ago, how did you get in touch with him, i tryed though scoobynet but never heard anything.

Ring Zen performance as he maps from there! Its well worth the drive!
Back to top Go down
FINN
Admin
FINN

PostSubject: Re: Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted   Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted EmptyMon 4 Apr - 0:32

iddy if it does 600 bhp is that you finished??

Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted   Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted EmptyMon 4 Apr - 1:20

Whats the difference between that and a simtek then? Neutral
Back to top Go down
dynamix

dynamix

PostSubject: Re: Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted   Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted EmptyMon 4 Apr - 8:32

Yellowperil wrote:

lots !

Syvecs is the daddy and is a full on proper ecu with full active knock control, full wideband fueling and lots of other great things deigned for more power and better engine safety
Back to top Go down
http://www.racedynamix.com

PostSubject: Re: Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted   Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted EmptyMon 4 Apr - 9:44

dynamix wrote:
Yellowperil wrote:

lots !

Syvecs is the daddy and is a full on proper ecu with full active knock control, full wideband fueling and lots of other great things deigned for more power and better engine safety

I meant between Ecutek race rom and simtek. I know Syvecs is the mack daddy lol
Back to top Go down
dynamix

dynamix

PostSubject: Re: Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted   Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted EmptyMon 4 Apr - 11:08

the std ecu is designed to run a std car and they do this well. Start going too mad on the modifications and it starts to fight you rather than work with you.

Iddy needs a Syvecs end of and all money spent on mapping the std ecu is pretty much going to be spent again IMO. Be interesting to see what it produces though. I gave up with my std ecu at 545bhp and the move to syvecs made the car so much more driveable and much safer.
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

PostSubject: Re: Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted   Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted EmptyMon 4 Apr - 18:39

dynamix wrote:
Iddy needs a Syvecs end of and all money spent on mapping the std ecu is pretty much going to be spent again IMO.

Duncan thats totally different to what Bob Rawle is telling me and also what Andy F has told me in the past. I have had all my cars mapped by both of them over the last 11 years and everything they have told me has worked.

I know the syvecs maybe a better ecu and so it should be for £1700, But this is what ecutek say:-

"Without question, the OEM ECU offers the best cold start, driveability and refinement when compared to aftermarket ECU hardware. However, many aftermarket ECUs provide extra (generally motorsport related) features, that many enthusiasts desire. Unfortunately, when replacing the standard ECU with an aftermarket ECU, the refinement of the standard ECU is often lost."

So for the time being I am sticking with the standard ECU and we will see what Race Rom does for my car.
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

PostSubject: Re: Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted   Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted EmptyMon 4 Apr - 18:42

KushBex wrote:
Great News,

Are you on the rollers at Motoscope next month - will be good to see what you acheive.

When you talk to Bob could you ask him if he has came up with anything for the 98 JDM Foz Auto yet - need mine mapping whenever anyone can map it.

The magic figure has been 600 for along time, but I know I wont hit that as my heads are restricting the air flow, thats the next thing to get sorted. Very Happy Very Happy

I wont be attending Motorscope as I am away on holiday, which I am really guttered about, but working on a special driver to drive it there for me.

Ill ask bob about yours.
Back to top Go down
mickymarwood

mickymarwood

PostSubject: Re: Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted   Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted EmptyMon 4 Apr - 18:48

Ill drive it Razz Laughing Laughing Laughing haha i wish haha
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

PostSubject: Re: Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted   Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted EmptyMon 4 Apr - 18:48

Don wrote:

Don, Bob Rawle comes to Harveys in Darlington every 6 weeks, it saves you a fortune in petrol. Bob is one of the best mappers in the country and I think is still the only premier Ecutek mapper, infact Bob developed the Race Rom with Ecutek.

He can be contacted by email :- rbr@brdevelopments.com
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

PostSubject: Re: Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted   Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted EmptyMon 4 Apr - 18:50

FINN wrote:
iddy if it does 600 bhp is that you finished??

Laughing Laughing

If it does, then yes I think it is, but I no it wont, working on this years phase all ready.
Back to top Go down
Don

Don

PostSubject: Re: Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted   Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted EmptyMon 4 Apr - 19:19

iddysti wrote:
Don wrote:

Don, Bob Rawle comes to Harveys in Darlington every 6 weeks, it saves you a fortune in petrol. Bob is one of the best mappers in the country and I think is still the only premier Ecutek mapper, infact Bob developed the Race Rom with Ecutek.

He can be contacted by email :- rbr@brdevelopments.com

Thanks for the info
Back to top Go down
dynamix

dynamix

PostSubject: Re: Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted   Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted EmptyMon 4 Apr - 19:21

iddysti wrote:
KushBex wrote:
Great News,

The magic figure has been 600 for along time, but I know I wont hit that as my heads are restricting the air flow, thats the next thing to get sorted. Very Happy Very Happy

I wont be attending Motorscope as I am away on holiday, which I am really guttered about, but working on a special driver to drive it there for me.

Ill ask bob about yours.

Just got hit 643bhp myself on std heads and cams ...
Back to top Go down
CARLOS

CARLOS

PostSubject: Re: Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted   Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted EmptyMon 4 Apr - 19:22

bob is a great mapper mapped my old bug three times will be nice to see what your will do with the rom on iddy Cool
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

PostSubject: Re: Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted   Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted EmptyMon 4 Apr - 19:56

dynamix wrote:
iddysti wrote:
KushBex wrote:
Great News,

Ill ask bob about yours.

Just got hit 643bhp myself on std heads and cams ...

well you never know then, what fuel and boost where you running.

CARLOS wrote:
bob is a great mapper mapped my old bug three times will be nice to see what your will do with the rom on iddy Cool

I cant wait myself, Car is getting a full service by Andy K tomorrow, so hopefully everything will be ready.

Back to top Go down
phil555

phil555

PostSubject: Re: Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted   Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted EmptyMon 4 Apr - 20:18

Good luck Paul.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted   Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted Empty

Back to top Go down

Ecutek Race Rom Getting Fitted
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next