North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
maf wiring on a  classic EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
maf wiring on a  classic EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
maf wiring on a  classic EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
maf wiring on a  classic EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
maf wiring on a  classic EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
maf wiring on a  classic EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
maf wiring on a  classic EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
maf wiring on a  classic EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
maf wiring on a  classic EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

maf wiring on a classic

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
drew160387

maf wiring on a  classic Empty
PostSubject: maf wiring on a classic   maf wiring on a  classic EmptyTue 17 May - 17:34

ok guys after many hours over the past month ive been trying to sort my problem out which is detailed more in 'fuel cut off due to boost' thread. now ive changed everything including the maf and plugs with no joy. error code 23 which i beleive is the maf circuit. so i decided to delve into the wiring and its had its plastic wiring sheaf cut all the way to the bulk head on the pass side. now after taking all the tape of i found the maf wiring had 2 main wires.

1 single core by itself and a gey one which has 2 or 3 wires coming from it. sorry not exact im shatterd and carnt rmeember exactly.. the grey wire has the 2/3 wires coming out and them are surround by loose wire running right round the outside of them.
the only way i can describe it is its like house ariel wire style the grey wire has inside the following

2/3 seperatly insulated wires wrap in a open wire then insulated with the grey. now the wire around the other doesnt go anywhere its just cut and fluffed up lol.

is this right or has it had them said grey wire put in at later date as ill go thurther and either trace and replace that wire or change the full loom as i think finn has the same one to try and fix the stupid car .

cheers in advance
Back to top Go down
Andy Kindon

PostSubject: Re: maf wiring on a classic   maf wiring on a  classic EmptyThu 19 May - 18:53

the gey wire your describing is the sgnal wire and its sheilded ie with a wire braiding around itself, this is to stop interference, i wouldnt be messin about with any of the sheilded wires unless ya know what ya doing bud or you will have problems

Andy
Back to top Go down
phils (Rip off) scooby

phils (Rip off) scooby

PostSubject: Re: maf wiring on a classic   maf wiring on a  classic EmptyThu 19 May - 19:55

2nd hand maf, you tryed resetting e.c.u
Back to top Go down
phils (Rip off) scooby

phils (Rip off) scooby

PostSubject: Re: maf wiring on a classic   maf wiring on a  classic EmptyThu 19 May - 20:06

barrier cable is just so there isnt any interferiance
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: maf wiring on a classic   maf wiring on a  classic EmptyThu 19 May - 23:00

Havnt mucked with the wire i just noticed it when i delved into the cut sheaf. Finn had a look at it today and it the correct wire lol. Still no joy with it yet. Took a fuel pump home and goin to change in morning to see how that goes. Ive been through everything including ecu swap and still shit. When i changed maf i did reset ecu but it instantly brought up code 23. Fingers crissed for tomorrow
Back to top Go down
FINN
Admin
FINN

PostSubject: Re: maf wiring on a classic   maf wiring on a  classic EmptyThu 19 May - 23:29

am hoping pump will sort it mate

but av got a feeling its a wiring problem somewhere.
Back to top Go down
phils (Rip off) scooby

phils (Rip off) scooby

PostSubject: Re: maf wiring on a classic   maf wiring on a  classic EmptyFri 20 May - 9:38

pump wouldnt knock light off tho
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: maf wiring on a classic   maf wiring on a  classic EmptyFri 20 May - 18:52

just tried it phil bit of more elimination as it realy feel fuel starved. the pump has made a difference i can now boost up to 10 psi smoothly instead of 8 psi its not as splutter once i get it up speed and plant my foot. it used to splutter its nuts off but now its just got sheer lack of boost above 10psi

maf code when read ecu has been replaced with a constant flashing engine check grrr. it flashes as 10 but for a while i gave up counting after 10 flashes

next job is the wiring looms. firstly the small engine bay one that goes around the inlet and all over then the big one which runs along bulk head

ooooh joy as im not taking the engine out lmao
Back to top Go down
phils (Rip off) scooby

phils (Rip off) scooby

PostSubject: Re: maf wiring on a classic   maf wiring on a  classic EmptyFri 20 May - 19:45

that meens no code
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: maf wiring on a classic   maf wiring on a  classic Empty

Back to top Go down

maf wiring on a classic
Page 1 of 1