North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
What Tyres You Running??? EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
What Tyres You Running??? EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
What Tyres You Running??? EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
What Tyres You Running??? EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
What Tyres You Running??? EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
What Tyres You Running??? EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
What Tyres You Running??? EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
What Tyres You Running??? EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
What Tyres You Running??? EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

What Tyres You Running???

Go down 
+3
nath7585
Calvert_87
StiggyT
7 posters
AuthorMessage
StiggyT

StiggyT

What Tyres You Running??? Empty
PostSubject: What Tyres You Running???   What Tyres You Running??? EmptyThu 9 Jun - 22:43

Any oppinions on tyres for 17" STI wheels?

Currently on the limit of Standard Bridgestone RE070's, thinking of replacing with Toyo T1-R's as thay are only 80Quid a corner!

Need them to get me through till next year when I plan to get new 18" 7spokers, Smile

What are the RE070's Like in the winter, not very good I would imagine, and they are £135 a pop.

Anyone have a preference Question Question
Back to top Go down
Calvert_87

Calvert_87

PostSubject: Re: What Tyres You Running???   What Tyres You Running??? EmptyThu 9 Jun - 22:58

Exactly what I did mate, when the Bridgestones wore out I replaced them with a set of Toyo Proxes T1R's. Best tyre for the price I recon. Even in the Autocar tyre tests they didn't score much lower than the more expensive tyres and I have used them on other cars and found them to be great. Just didn't think I would noticed the difference in the real world with tyres nearly twice the price. Some people warned me they were prone to punches but I have never had a problem.
Back to top Go down
StiggyT

StiggyT

PostSubject: Re: What Tyres You Running???   What Tyres You Running??? EmptyThu 9 Jun - 23:26

I Put them onto my MR2 a few years back and they totally transformed the cars handling!

Went from affraid to Very Happy !!! lol!

I used the MR2 every day over this last winter to get to work and back and I only got stuck once, so I think they are a mint tyre for the price.

Was just a bit worried with the extra weight and power of the Scoob that they might struggle as the tyre walls arent as hard as the bridgestones, or do you think they feel ok in the bends?
Back to top Go down
nath7585

nath7585

PostSubject: Re: What Tyres You Running???   What Tyres You Running??? EmptyThu 16 Jun - 20:34

a had set of t1-r proxes on mine 215/35/18s didnt last me 6months but were a great tyre couldnt fault them just a soft compound tyre !
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: What Tyres You Running???   What Tyres You Running??? EmptyThu 16 Jun - 22:34

My T1R's have done about 12k miles I think and are still in good nick. Bit of wear on the edges but thats coz I think I can drive and I cant, so I bounce round corners now and again.
Back to top Go down
impreza1234

PostSubject: Re: What Tyres You Running???   What Tyres You Running??? EmptyFri 17 Jun - 13:41

i ran tyres called lassa made by bridgestone couldnt fault them tbh good all round Smile
Back to top Go down
Rooter

Rooter

PostSubject: Re: What Tyres You Running???   What Tyres You Running??? EmptyFri 17 Jun - 16:56

got t1r's at the moment, seem a good all rounder, less noise and more grip than the eagle f1's i had on before them, although the f1's did 29000 miles Shocked
had p zero nero's on before the f1's they did about 18000 miles i think but felt a bit 'twitchy' lol!
Back to top Go down
Dan G

Dan G

PostSubject: Re: What Tyres You Running???   What Tyres You Running??? EmptyFri 17 Jun - 17:14

I had Toyo proxes 4s (18" Wheels) on mine, they lasted ages and couldnt fault them.

Got yokohama Parada spec 2s on at the minute, been on just over a month, grippy as fook in the dry, heard they are dodgy in the wet, been ok so far.

I'll report back if I end up in a ditch or around a tree Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Tyres You Running???   What Tyres You Running??? Empty

Back to top Go down

What Tyres You Running???
Page 1 of 1