North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Black "snap on" pillar covers EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Black "snap on" pillar covers EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Black "snap on" pillar covers EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Black "snap on" pillar covers EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Black "snap on" pillar covers EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Black "snap on" pillar covers EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Black "snap on" pillar covers EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Black "snap on" pillar covers EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Black "snap on" pillar covers EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Black "snap on" pillar covers

Go down 
+3
phil555
drew160387
kgt
7 posters
AuthorMessage
kgt
Admin
kgt

Black "snap on" pillar covers Empty
PostSubject: Black "snap on" pillar covers   Black "snap on" pillar covers EmptyThu 7 Jul - 9:34

Black "snap on" pillar covers Mid_cr10

Correct, I dont know what the proper name for these things are. Enlighten me if you wish.

I'm pretty certain Ive asked about them before and someone said they just clipped in place, so I had a go at one of them at the weekend......and promptly snapped the connection between the plastic part and the car Mad

And yes, I was taking my time and not just trying to rive the thing off.

Anybody got a foolproof way of getting them off without wrecking them or should I just acquire some replacements ???

The current ones need spraying or wrapping (cue Deano) as the finish has "corroded".
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: Black "snap on" pillar covers   Black "snap on" pillar covers EmptyThu 7 Jul - 18:01

Always had problems with these ob various cars as most smash the clips and you need to buy replacement clips . Unsure on the suvarus but ide assume there the same. Try slising them up with the doors open
Back to top Go down
phil555

phil555

PostSubject: Re: Black "snap on" pillar covers   Black "snap on" pillar covers EmptyThu 7 Jul - 19:54

Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Black "snap on" pillar covers   Black "snap on" pillar covers EmptyFri 8 Jul - 7:23

Cheers Phil, that could be a plan.

Do they fit over the originals or in place of the originals ?
Back to top Go down
wrxsti350

wrxsti350

PostSubject: Re: Black "snap on" pillar covers   Black "snap on" pillar covers EmptySat 9 Jul - 21:24

phil555 wrote:
I just clagged a set of the below on my old Blobeye.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/02-03-04-05-06-IMPREZA-WRX-STi-GDB-CARBON-DOOR-PILLAR-/360316613310?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item53e48b32be#ht_3472wt_901

IIRC DanG has these fitted to.

Got these on mine too

Black "snap on" pillar covers 100_1752
Back to top Go down
phil555

phil555

PostSubject: Re: Black "snap on" pillar covers   Black "snap on" pillar covers EmptySat 9 Jul - 21:40

As Paul has shown mate. Straight over the top.
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Black "snap on" pillar covers   Black "snap on" pillar covers EmptySat 9 Jul - 22:04

Cheers chaps. Thats them fookers bought then.
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Black "snap on" pillar covers   Black "snap on" pillar covers EmptyMon 23 Jul - 10:33

I know its an old post, but I'm resurecting it for good reason.

Does anyone have the knowledge of how to get these fekin pillar covers off without snapping the clips that hold them in place ?

First time off I snapped one on the drivers side, now Ive snapped one on the passenger side. I dont want to take them off yet as I wont be able to get them back on without replacement clips and the car will look gash.

Anyone got any idea which clips are behind here and where I can get replacements ???

Ive done some work on the car this weekend - yes, all by myself, before anyone asks - and I'm determined to get these twits off and wrap them with some stuff that Gav kindly gave me.

I know it would be easy to buy the stick over bits like I said I was going to, but I'm enjoying my new found expert DIY skills Laughing

Now come on you lot, who's the expert ?
Back to top Go down
maxboost

maxboost

PostSubject: Re: Black "snap on" pillar covers   Black "snap on" pillar covers EmptyMon 23 Jul - 11:10

Download subaru-fast2
http://www.filestube.com/s/subaru+fast+2+download

Once installed you can input you vehicle data & you get access to manuals exploded views & part numbers. Its a mint programme.

Back to top Go down
martyp1970

martyp1970

PostSubject: Re: Black "snap on" pillar covers   Black "snap on" pillar covers EmptyMon 23 Jul - 22:20

phil555 wrote:
I just clagged a set of the below on my old Blobeye.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/02-03-04-05-06-IMPREZA-WRX-STi-GDB-CARBON-DOOR-PILLAR-/360316613310?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item53e48b32be#ht_3472wt_901

IIRC DanG has these fitted to.
me to Phil,
Got them fitted to my bug,had them on the hawk n blob too.
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Black "snap on" pillar covers   Black "snap on" pillar covers EmptyTue 24 Jul - 8:12

Totally agree they look great lads, but Ive got two pieces of carbon wrap and a determination to do this myself. I can handle the £33.50 no problem, I might even have to end up buying them if I cock this up, but I'm going for a bit of "built not bought" credibility.......even if its just small scale for now. Wink Laughing
Back to top Go down
Andy Kindon

PostSubject: Re: Black "snap on" pillar covers   Black "snap on" pillar covers EmptyTue 24 Jul - 8:58

buy a clip removal tool, there a few quid from the likes of machine mart Smile
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Black "snap on" pillar covers   Black "snap on" pillar covers EmptyTue 24 Jul - 9:15

Ive actually got a trim removal tool but I wouldnt wave it about near paintwork. Will have a look on fleabay for a plastic one and will try and remain patient until it turns up. I actually thought this should be easy with just a bit of leverage, but apparently not. I'm guessing the clips will become embrittled with age and therefore good chance I'm going to break a few more, hence me wanting to know which clips they will be Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: Black "snap on" pillar covers   Black "snap on" pillar covers EmptyThu 26 Jul - 0:21

They not screwed from the inside ? I know classic window trim are all screwed on not sure but newage maybe do ?
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Black "snap on" pillar covers   Black "snap on" pillar covers EmptyThu 26 Jul - 7:27

If only drew......nope they are definitely clipped on. I got a set of trim removal tools that arrived yesterday. I'll be having a few gentle tugs at the weekend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black "snap on" pillar covers   Black "snap on" pillar covers Empty

Back to top Go down

Black "snap on" pillar covers
Page 1 of 1