North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Anyone a SKY Engineer or know one?? EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Anyone a SKY Engineer or know one?? EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Anyone a SKY Engineer or know one?? EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Anyone a SKY Engineer or know one?? EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Anyone a SKY Engineer or know one?? EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Anyone a SKY Engineer or know one?? EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Anyone a SKY Engineer or know one?? EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Anyone a SKY Engineer or know one?? EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Anyone a SKY Engineer or know one?? EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Anyone a SKY Engineer or know one??

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
red devil

Anyone a SKY Engineer or know one?? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone a SKY Engineer or know one??   Anyone a SKY Engineer or know one?? EmptyTue 26 Jul - 12:19

Upstairs SKY Box has gone off - 3 options from SKY which all cost money or I can upgrade and I'm convinced it's just the wiring (2m worth max!)

If you can help or need further info please PM me...

Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a SKY Engineer or know one??   Anyone a SKY Engineer or know one?? EmptyTue 26 Jul - 16:51

hiya

has it gone off saying no signal ? or just nothing there?

Back to top Go down
red devil

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a SKY Engineer or know one??   Anyone a SKY Engineer or know one?? EmptyTue 26 Jul - 17:00

No signal, switch off and wait 5 minutes, switch back on and then contact SKY if no joy etc...

Contacted them and they have tested the signal to the dish and it's fine so it has to be the wiring from the dish to the box or the box itself...

I have a spare SKY+ box so will try that later although I'm unsure if that will work as the box in question is one of the early ones

Tempted to tell them to stick the multiroom where the son does'nt shine and then get them to re-install in a few weeks time!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a SKY Engineer or know one??   Anyone a SKY Engineer or know one?? EmptyTue 26 Jul - 17:30

We had a problem with our multiroom and it turned out because we were switcing the sky box off completely at the wall sky had switched our multiroom off - because they couldn't update the box and it's in your contract they be able to connect to your box whenever they need to ... failing that - we have had loads of problems on the sky hd box downstairs and there either being no signal or when we have something recording you can't get another channel.

Solved this the other day and it was the input2 cable at the back of the box - the end which screws onto the box - the male connector screws on and it seems it wasn't on right - completely removed it and put it back on, making sure the long thin wire which goes through the plug is longer than the plug - now it's working perfectly.

We considered using another box an this is easy as you only have to ring sky to pair up your card (free) - or investing in a second hand box and pairing that up - both alot cheaper than the sky options - the warranty offered by sky is £8.25 per month but I found out the other day that it covers all the boxes and remotes in the house - not just one box, but still think they're taking the hit n miss a bit due to the amount we pay £70 a month Embarassed

we told them to shove multirom and HD before xmas but they offered us them half price ...so rude not to take it really - give them a call and they usually offer something to keep you.

Hope that helps .. failing that you can buy the double cable on ebay for the sky plus boxes Smile

Back to top Go down
red devil

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a SKY Engineer or know one??   Anyone a SKY Engineer or know one?? EmptyTue 26 Jul - 17:40

Thanks for the info - I'll have a go with the wiring and then try the other box...

Fingers crossed and all that!!

They mentioned the cover so maybe an option - wonder if it covers the dog eating the remotes Laughing
Back to top Go down
travis1971

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a SKY Engineer or know one??   Anyone a SKY Engineer or know one?? EmptyTue 26 Jul - 21:05

I had one of the old boxes upstairs and they apparently build up static or something technical unplug everything including the aerials leave it for a bit and try again.

The sky+ box will work but without the record n playback

Back to top Go down
red devil

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a SKY Engineer or know one??   Anyone a SKY Engineer or know one?? EmptyTue 26 Jul - 21:13

Tried the SKY + box and we're back up and running - must have been the box

Thanks for the replies...
Back to top Go down
CARLOS

CARLOS

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a SKY Engineer or know one??   Anyone a SKY Engineer or know one?? EmptyTue 26 Jul - 22:19

was going to put got a hd 5oogb sky box never used for sale Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a SKY Engineer or know one??   Anyone a SKY Engineer or know one?? EmptyTue 26 Jul - 22:51

CARLOS wrote:
was going to put got a hd 5oogb sky box never used for sale Smile

PM sent Carl
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a SKY Engineer or know one??   Anyone a SKY Engineer or know one?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone a SKY Engineer or know one??
Page 1 of 1