North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
who to trust with a remap... EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
who to trust with a remap... EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
who to trust with a remap... EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
who to trust with a remap... EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
who to trust with a remap... EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
who to trust with a remap... EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
who to trust with a remap... EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
who to trust with a remap... EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
who to trust with a remap... EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

who to trust with a remap...

Go down 
+4
GIPA
Jonny Gav
Robbo_22
andya24
8 posters
AuthorMessage
andya24

andya24

who to trust with a remap... Empty
PostSubject: who to trust with a remap...   who to trust with a remap... EmptyMon 15 Aug - 19:54

anyone recomend a localish honest remapper.looking at andy forrest but he is a longgg way away,im in north yorkshire,cheers
Back to top Go down
Robbo_22

PostSubject: Re: who to trust with a remap...   who to trust with a remap... EmptyMon 15 Aug - 20:02

You could do a lot worse than Duncan @ RaceDynamix -

https://nesf.forumotion.co.uk/t5979-racedynamix-mapping-days-9-10-september

Back to top Go down
andya24

andya24

PostSubject: Re: who to trust with a remap...   who to trust with a remap... EmptyMon 15 Aug - 20:03

cheers buddy,il have a gander Smile
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: who to trust with a remap...   who to trust with a remap... EmptyMon 15 Aug - 20:13

Take it you are looking at an ecutek remap?

If so you have Andy Forrest in Edinburgh as you say, and you also have Bob Rawle that does mapping days in Darlington every couple of months.

Both are well respected mappers an do ecutek, think you are going to be looking at around £600 for this.

My suggestion would be to go for a simtec ecu over the ecutek reflash for the extra 300 quid it costs.

For this you will get rid of the problematic MAF sensor on the 99/00 car.

You will also have more mapper choice too as Duncan (racedynamix) does the simtec ecu and he does mapping days in Chester le street.
Back to top Go down
andya24

andya24

PostSubject: Re: who to trust with a remap...   who to trust with a remap... EmptyMon 15 Aug - 20:19

does the simtek eliminate the need for the maf sensor?
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: who to trust with a remap...   who to trust with a remap... EmptyMon 15 Aug - 20:26

Yeah it does, you also get anti-lag and launch control.
Back to top Go down
andya24

andya24

PostSubject: Re: who to trust with a remap...   who to trust with a remap... EmptyMon 15 Aug - 20:29

for an extra cost or do they normally do that all in...sounds like il have to start saving Smile
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: who to trust with a remap...   who to trust with a remap... EmptyMon 15 Aug - 20:30

Not 100% sure on that one, it may be an additional cost.
Back to top Go down
andya24

andya24

PostSubject: Re: who to trust with a remap...   who to trust with a remap... EmptyMon 15 Aug - 20:32

il have look into it,but thanks mate,only looking for 275-300bhp tbh,just heard a lot of stories of engines going bang because mappers take short cuts with knock sensors fuel cut off etc,just making sure i get it right and do my research Smile
Back to top Go down
GIPA

GIPA

PostSubject: Re: who to trust with a remap...   who to trust with a remap... EmptyMon 15 Aug - 20:35

It's an extra £150 for al nd lc :-)
Back to top Go down
andya24

andya24

PostSubject: Re: who to trust with a remap...   who to trust with a remap... EmptyMon 15 Aug - 20:36

and thats only on the simtek?
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: who to trust with a remap...   who to trust with a remap... EmptyMon 15 Aug - 20:38

ECUTEK doesn't have it on the 99/00 cars.
Back to top Go down
andya24

andya24

PostSubject: Re: who to trust with a remap...   who to trust with a remap... EmptyMon 15 Aug - 20:41

ah with you,thats the missing link i couldnt find then Smile
so thats all you ned for anti lag...just a fettle on the ecu..no hardware involved?
eats turbos tho doesnt it
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: who to trust with a remap...   who to trust with a remap... EmptyMon 15 Aug - 20:49

Depends on the turbo you have fitted, the TD turbos seem to handle it as does the later VF turbos but the early VF's (VF22, VF23, VF24, VF28 and VF29) don't like it.

I see you are looking at getting over 300hp, what mods does the car have at the moment?
Back to top Go down
andya24

andya24

PostSubject: Re: who to trust with a remap...   who to trust with a remap... EmptyMon 15 Aug - 20:52

i belive i have a td04??if im right.at the moment i have a few mods.de cat midpipe.fmic.induction.new atmospheric bov,,and thats about it to date,new fuel pump coming in a few days,and looking at freeing up the downpipe,i wouldnt say more than 300bhp id be happy with 275-300,car still has to be a daily driver and be reliable Smile
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: who to trust with a remap...   who to trust with a remap... EmptyMon 15 Aug - 21:04

Yeah you are right, the TD04 will be right on its limit at 280 so wouldn't set your sights on anything higher than that with that turbo fitted.

A VF turbo would be a very good upgrade for that set up, will take you to 300 and beyond and will still be reliable.

A fuel walbro 255 fuel pump is a very good idea.

Back to top Go down
andya24

andya24

PostSubject: Re: who to trust with a remap...   who to trust with a remap... EmptyMon 15 Aug - 21:08

il have to have a think what route id go down,iv always said id be happy with 275-300 so if if it will take 280 and not comprimise it in anyway il prob keep that till funds allow an upgrade.yup fuel pump coming,think my injectors are 440 as standard so cant think of anything else i need...unless you can tell me if iv missed anything??cheers buddy Smile
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: who to trust with a remap...   who to trust with a remap... EmptyMon 15 Aug - 21:10

No, for the spec you have a full decat and a walbro pump will do the job nicely.
Back to top Go down
andya24

andya24

PostSubject: Re: who to trust with a remap...   who to trust with a remap... EmptyMon 15 Aug - 21:18

lovely job,thanks very much for your advice and time,il keep you posted Smile
Back to top Go down
F1NNY

F1NNY

PostSubject: Re: who to trust with a remap...   who to trust with a remap... EmptyMon 15 Aug - 22:56

Simtek is a good option i just had one fitted they are just over 1k but that includes fitting and mapping plus you can have a switchable map for different fuels or just different boost levels etc. and it removes the maf sensor which is a bonus!!
Back to top Go down
maxboost

maxboost

PostSubject: Re: who to trust with a remap...   who to trust with a remap... EmptyTue 16 Aug - 1:56

Best off paying the extra £100 for the dongle, & don't pay the extra to have the anti lag & AL activated, then activate it your self rather than paying for it. Also with the dongle you can change alter settings rather than having to get a mapper to requested the codes.
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

PostSubject: Re: who to trust with a remap...   who to trust with a remap... EmptyTue 16 Aug - 20:50

I would highly recommend Bob Rawle he spent a lot of his own time sorting my problems out over the last 18 months.

The last time he didn't charge me, not many other mappers will do that.
Back to top Go down
dynamix

dynamix

PostSubject: Re: who to trust with a remap...   who to trust with a remap... EmptyTue 16 Aug - 21:03

maxboost wrote:
Best off paying the extra £100 for the dongle, & don't pay the extra to have the anti lag & AL activated, then activate it your self rather than paying for it. Also with the dongle you can change alter settings rather than having to get a mapper to requested the codes.

Agreed on the dongle but you cant activate it yourself without the activation codes and they are only available via simtek or one of their approved dealers such as me, bob rawle etc etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.racedynamix.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: who to trust with a remap...   who to trust with a remap... Empty

Back to top Go down

who to trust with a remap...
Page 1 of 1