North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Why do my for sale threads keep getting deleted? EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Why do my for sale threads keep getting deleted? EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Why do my for sale threads keep getting deleted? EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Why do my for sale threads keep getting deleted? EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Why do my for sale threads keep getting deleted? EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Why do my for sale threads keep getting deleted? EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Why do my for sale threads keep getting deleted? EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Why do my for sale threads keep getting deleted? EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Why do my for sale threads keep getting deleted? EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Why do my for sale threads keep getting deleted?

Go down 
+4
Jonny Gav
big deano
mark78
stevep360
8 posters
AuthorMessage
stevep360

stevep360

Why do my for sale threads keep getting deleted? Empty
PostSubject: Why do my for sale threads keep getting deleted?   Why do my for sale threads keep getting deleted? EmptySun 6 Nov - 19:32

?????????????????????????????????????????
Back to top Go down
mark78

mark78

PostSubject: Re: Why do my for sale threads keep getting deleted?   Why do my for sale threads keep getting deleted? EmptySun 6 Nov - 19:48

i could be wrong but i think its beccause this is only your 4th post.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/mark.hepper
big deano

big deano

PostSubject: Re: Why do my for sale threads keep getting deleted?   Why do my for sale threads keep getting deleted? EmptySun 6 Nov - 20:20

agreed probablys because recently there has been a nation of people comin on from other sites to shift stuff!!
Back to top Go down
stevep360

stevep360

PostSubject: Re: Why do my for sale threads keep getting deleted?   Why do my for sale threads keep getting deleted? EmptySun 6 Nov - 20:38

Not a great way to welcome a new member from the North East! Would have thought it would be better to offer to local people the opportunity, but if the mods dont like i will just advertise on scoobynet instead.
Back to top Go down
mark78

mark78

PostSubject: Re: Why do my for sale threads keep getting deleted?   Why do my for sale threads keep getting deleted? EmptySun 6 Nov - 20:44

the only thing is this is not auto trader or ebay where people just sell.
dont get me wrong they dont mind people selling stuff but just not the first thing they do
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/mark.hepper
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Why do my for sale threads keep getting deleted?   Why do my for sale threads keep getting deleted? EmptySun 6 Nov - 20:50

Steve, it will be the fact you joined the forum then put your stuff up for sale, the mods are instructed to remove for sale items from members that look like they have come on the forum just to sell there items.

If you had 10-15 quality posts behind you this wouldn't have been an issue, as you are going to be a active member of the forum I am sure this won't be an issue.

Jonny Wink
Back to top Go down
stevep360

stevep360

PostSubject: Re: Why do my for sale threads keep getting deleted?   Why do my for sale threads keep getting deleted? EmptySun 6 Nov - 20:59

Jonny Gav wrote:
Steve, it will be the fact you joined the forum then put your stuff up for sale, the mods are instructed to remove for sale items from members that look like they have come on the forum just to sell there items.

If you had 10-15 quality posts behind you this wouldn't have been an issue, as you are going to be a active member of the forum I am sure this won't be an issue.

Jonny Wink

Fair play, but i would have expected to be at least extended the courtesy of a mod informing me of this instead of just deleting threads with no explanation. I am not a trader, just an enthusaist who has upgraded their car and has some good quality parts lying around. I have been a member of scoobynet since 2005 and have only 200 posts on there, but actively read it everyday.
Back to top Go down
hardy172

hardy172

PostSubject: Re: Why do my for sale threads keep getting deleted?   Why do my for sale threads keep getting deleted? EmptySun 6 Nov - 21:03

Fair comment Steve

Maybe a bit of explanation to the newer members when this happens especially if the are still Scooby owners! ?
Back to top Go down
FINN
Admin
FINN

PostSubject: Re: Why do my for sale threads keep getting deleted?   Why do my for sale threads keep getting deleted? EmptyMon 7 Nov - 0:57

stevep360 wrote:
Jonny Gav wrote:

Jonny Wink

Fair play, but i would have expected to be at least extended the courtesy of a mod informing me of this instead of just deleting threads with no explanation. I am not a trader, just an enthusaist who has upgraded their car and has some good quality parts lying around. I have been a member of scoobynet since 2005 and have only 200 posts on there, but actively read it everyday.

this has been sorted now.

hope you understand steve ?

just lately we have had a few people joining on here just too sell stuff (normally shite the stuck with), you are obvousily a enthusiast.
so i apologise for your post been deleting.

its just hard too keep on top ov who are good people and who are ex members (conmen) who have been banned and keep trying too get back on under new user names Rolling Eyes lol Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
stevep360

stevep360

PostSubject: Re: Why do my for sale threads keep getting deleted?   Why do my for sale threads keep getting deleted? EmptyMon 7 Nov - 6:09

FINN wrote:
stevep360 wrote:
Jonny Gav wrote:

Jonny Wink

this has been sorted now.

hope you understand steve ?

just lately we have had a few people joining on here just too sell stuff (normally shite the stuck with), you are obvousily a enthusiast.
so i apologise for your post been deleting.

its just hard too keep on top ov who are good people and who are ex members (conmen) who have been banned and keep trying too get back on under new user names Rolling Eyes lol Laughing Laughing

thanks finn completely understand. I'll let the dust settle a bit before i create a for sale thread again.
Back to top Go down
The_Northerner

PostSubject: Re: Why do my for sale threads keep getting deleted?   Why do my for sale threads keep getting deleted? EmptyTue 8 Nov - 11:02

I dont understand this either been a ember for a few months now and lurk alot but hey ho.
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Why do my for sale threads keep getting deleted?   Why do my for sale threads keep getting deleted? EmptyTue 8 Nov - 11:22

Unfortunately as is the way of the world nowadays we've had a few less than desirable individuals use the site as a market stall to peddle their wares and add little or nothing to the community whilst enjoying its benefits. In some cases they have contributed, but its been more aggravation as opposed to wit and wisdom.

This forum has worked hard to foster a good image and be inclusive, warm and welcoming - as well as being a great place to hang out and enjoy the banter.

Advertising on here adds a form of validity to the advert itself, and if its for sub standard goods it also has the ability to bring the reputation of the host site into question - this is something we do not wish to see happen.

The site is here for the benefit of all its genuine members and thats the way we'd like to keep it. Ebay & Autotrader are merely platforms to sell vehicles, they have no heart and soul. We are bursting with heart and soul and you can also advertise vehicles for sale - its a subtle difference, but a lovely one.

Back to top Go down
The_Northerner

PostSubject: Re: Why do my for sale threads keep getting deleted?   Why do my for sale threads keep getting deleted? EmptyTue 8 Nov - 13:51

I fully agree with you, I would like to give members the opportunity to buy first as they are local and in my opinion true enthusiasts so I understand the reasoning behind the rule. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why do my for sale threads keep getting deleted?   Why do my for sale threads keep getting deleted? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why do my for sale threads keep getting deleted?
Page 1 of 1