North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view? EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view? EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view? EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view? EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view? EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view? EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view? EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view? EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view? EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view?

Go down 
+10
byers
mickymarwood
ellio38
StiggyT
greigy27
lian&johnsti
D4VEW557
Jonny Gav
baldy
SubbyG00n
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SubbyG00n

Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view? Empty
PostSubject: Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view?   Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view? EmptyFri 2 Dec - 21:57

Well since i bought my Scooby I have frequented both here and Scoobynet, although it's mainly for technical reasons or to buy things, i've not really done much speaking as i've been mega busy. I've noticed on Scoobynet that most of them seem to have s set way of modding and when people differ from the commonly preferred route they seem to get slated, for being "chavs", or using proper language, "charvas". The things i'm getting at are as the title dictates, flamer kits and vent to atmosphere dump valves.

Well I'm pretty sure I'm not a charva like as most charvas shout "huw yi fuckin goff" at me whilst i'm calling the police on them robbing the local cars, but since i was in my early teens i've wanted to get a car with a Turbo so i can have the "woosh" noise between gear changes.

I know the Re-circ is a better choice power wise, not that it makes much difference like, but i just love that noise and initially i just bought the VTA DV with the intentions of removing it b4 i got the car mapped however i love the noise too much so kept it on for the map. It aint too loud either so i'm not out scaring anyone. I think waiting 10 years to afford a car with a turbo gives me the right to have "childish" mods like the DV and [this brings me neatly to my next point...] the ability to have flames come out the exhaust.

I have a full de-cat on my car but when i first fitted it i decided it was too loud (3" streight through) so i removed that in less than 24hrs and stuck a prodrive back box on to keep the noise down as i don't wanna wake my street up when i go out in the morning or come home late at night. I seen a flamer kit for £20 so thought i'd stick that on cos it would be a cool party trick (i host plenty of parties). So I've done it now and it is mint IMO and next time i have a party i'll show everyone. It's not a big deal or nowt, just as i say, a good party trick that i can get flames out the back of my car but I'm not gunna post this up on Scoobynet as when i did my search for "flamer kit" every thread was filled with people getting slated and being called losers/chavs etc and i really don't see the need for it as it does have a switch to turn on and off.

Anyways, what are your views on these bits of kit? Am I a charva and should i be shot for having a woosht noise and flames on request?
Back to top Go down
baldy

baldy

PostSubject: Re: Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view?   Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view? EmptyFri 2 Dec - 22:13

Anyways, what are your views on these bits of kit? Am I a charva and should i be shot for having a woosht noise and flames on request?

ask jonny hes an oap on here and has flamer kit .iwas thinkin about it aswell Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view?   Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view? EmptyFri 2 Dec - 22:18

Yeah, there are a lot of dickheads on SN, do what you want to your car, it's yours to do with as you please, you pay your money for it, what you do may not be to everyones taste but it is totally up to you.
As for a flamer kit I have one fitted to my car, it's ideal if you get dickheads sitting on your back bumper, they soon back off when you flick it on. lol

Above all enjoy your car mate, you won't get slated on here......unless you fit a supercharger lol!
Back to top Go down
D4VEW557

D4VEW557

PostSubject: Re: Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view?   Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view? EmptyFri 2 Dec - 22:22

loud dump valves are the best, you have a turbo let everyone know it.

Did you put the cat back on? I had a flamer on my last car and it was shit when the cat was fitted.
Back to top Go down
SubbyG00n

PostSubject: Re: Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view?   Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view? EmptyFri 2 Dec - 22:26

haha, well that's good to hear lads. Though i'd best come clean online before showing up to a meet :-)

No, no, I put my 3" streight through on for power but just couldn't deal with the noise and i felt bad for my neighbours so I kept everything but the back box. Powerflow fitted the prodrive back bock to the 3" system. There was obviously some loss in power but no where near what i wouldda got fitting a cat. I've had the car mapped for this set up now - i even have a de-cat up-pipe on too so it will be staying as it for the forseeable future
Back to top Go down
lian&johnsti

lian&johnsti

PostSubject: Re: Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view?   Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view? EmptyFri 2 Dec - 22:47

When we first got our scoob almost 3yrs ago it was fitted with a forge dv.we then later went back to standard resirc,but we missed the sound,so we now have an even louder gfb hybrid dv which resircs and dumps and we love it,so you do what you want to do and enjoy it. Very Happy
Lian
Back to top Go down
greigy27

greigy27

PostSubject: Re: Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view?   Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view? EmptyFri 2 Dec - 22:51

Jonny can you send me pictures or product info on the one you have on your car pls
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view?   Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view? EmptyFri 2 Dec - 23:18

greigy27 wrote:
Jonny can you send me pictures or product info on the one you have on your car pls

Ebay- 270865653395
Back to top Go down
StiggyT

StiggyT

PostSubject: Re: Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view?   Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view? EmptySat 3 Dec - 0:53

Dump valves sound mint, but theres a lot of contradicting advice about whether or not they are better for performance???

I had a forge one on my wrx, thought it made it quicker then went back to standard after a while for a test and it felt just as quick! scratch

I put DV back on but havent made up my mind on what is quicker but it sounds class when its dumping through the gears !

Flamers are a grea when ya camping for when you run out ov coals for ya bbq!!! Laughing

Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view?   Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view? EmptySat 3 Dec - 8:55

Swapping from a re circulatingto a VTA dump valve does not make the car quicker, there purpose is to protect the turbocharger from being damaged by the returning boost pressure as the throttle is snapped shut, without a dumpvalve this pressure has nowhere to go so goes back through the turbo in the wrong direction.
When the extra pressure is dumped it stops the turbo from stalling, in doing so helps the turbo spool back up.
Swapping from a VTA to a re circulating or vice versa won't make any difference in performance.
Back to top Go down
ellio38

ellio38

PostSubject: Re: Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view?   Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view? EmptySat 3 Dec - 9:46

My son has pesterd me for ages to get a flamer kit. So looks like I may have to get one. Where is the best place to get one and are they easily fitted.
Back to top Go down
mickymarwood

mickymarwood

PostSubject: Re: Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view?   Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view? EmptySat 3 Dec - 9:53

Johnny posted a eBay listing number up matey 46 quid delivered
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view?   Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view? EmptySat 3 Dec - 10:07

Really easy to fit Wink
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view?   Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view? EmptySat 3 Dec - 11:44

So easy peril fitted mine for me Shocked Laughing

Ended up with a dent in my backbox due to Liam though Rolling Eyes

Bloody George Doors jabber the huts bairn all rolled into one lol!
Back to top Go down
byers

byers

PostSubject: Re: Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view?   Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view? EmptySat 3 Dec - 12:08

Do they just flame when u coming down the revs or when reviving
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view?   Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view? EmptySat 3 Dec - 12:24

Only on the over run or between gear changes.
Back to top Go down
SubbyG00n

PostSubject: Re: Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view?   Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view? EmptySat 3 Dec - 16:26

The kit's easy to fit. Just drill a hole near the back of the exhaust to fit the spark plug in then poke the HT lead up through the gromet in the spare wheel well. You can earth the coil in the boot and then feed the live to a switch (mines to the right of the steering wheel, above the fuse box) then from the switch to a +12v point that is only active when the ignition is, I used the lead going INTO my ciggy lighter fuse - this line needs to be fused but the kit should come with it's own fuse.
Back to top Go down
Dan G

Dan G

PostSubject: Re: Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view?   Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view? EmptySat 3 Dec - 16:34

When I got my first scooby, first mod I got was VTA DV, fitted before I picked car up from garage

Didn't have a clue what it did or what it was for just loved the noise when my mate had one on his Cosworth.

First mod on my current one, when I got it nearly 5 years ago, was a VTA DV

Was totally p****d off when it wasnt very loud so changed it straight away

Maybe Im just an old chav Very Happy

Gotta go now, just off the corner shop for a bottle of white lightening Very Happy
Back to top Go down
anthmac

anthmac

PostSubject: Re: Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view?   Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view? EmptySat 3 Dec - 17:20

I fancy one of these Smile
Back to top Go down
SubbyG00n

PostSubject: Re: Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view?   Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view? EmptySat 3 Dec - 17:43

Dan G wrote:

Maybe Im just an old chav Very Happy

Gotta go now, just off the corner shop for a bottle of white lightening Very Happy

I have a White Lightening T-shirt that I wear regularly [to work... under my coveralls]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view?   Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view? EmptySat 3 Dec - 18:03

^undercover chav!

lol!
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view?   Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view? EmptySat 3 Dec - 18:38

White lightening is for girls, 20/20 is where it's at (shudders with the thought of it)

Never seen it for years, do they still make it?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view?   Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view? EmptySat 3 Dec - 18:54

That you showing your age Jonny? Ive never even heard of that! lol!
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view?   Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view? EmptySat 3 Dec - 19:21

Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view? Md2020

Mad dog 2020 for the win!
Back to top Go down
SubbyG00n

PostSubject: Re: Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view?   Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view? EmptySat 3 Dec - 19:28

Yes they still make 20/20. My local corner shop (in Dunston) sells it, I just noticed a few weeks ago and chuckled as I too thought it was no longer available.

I see 20/20 as a lasses drink cos when i was 17 (with a fake ID) my 14 yr old girlfriend asked me to buy it for her and her mates and at that time i was drinking White Lightening
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view?   Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view? Empty

Back to top Go down

Flamer Kits and VTW DV's... what's your view?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next