North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Anyone want a dog which is needing a new home? EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Anyone want a dog which is needing a new home? EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Anyone want a dog which is needing a new home? EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Anyone want a dog which is needing a new home? EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Anyone want a dog which is needing a new home? EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Anyone want a dog which is needing a new home? EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Anyone want a dog which is needing a new home? EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Anyone want a dog which is needing a new home? EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Anyone want a dog which is needing a new home? EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Anyone want a dog which is needing a new home?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Anyone want a dog which is needing a new home? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone want a dog which is needing a new home?   Anyone want a dog which is needing a new home? EmptyMon 5 Dec - 12:38

Anyone want a dog which is needing a new home? Dog10

This dog is offered on a stuff for sale or free site or wanted in Co Durham or Darlington

Ideally not to be with young children from what they say but could make a very good pet for someone.

This is what is said about him:

OFFERED: Our dog needs to be rehomed. (From Darlington)
ABOUT HIM:
His name is Buster and he is a heinz 57 variety mongrel (We think he has collie / lab / staffy). He is a loving dog, house trained, fairly good off and on the lead, fairly obedient and a nice dog overall...

However, we need to rehome him as he has shown aggression towards a couple of kids. He has NOT bitten anyone, however we have 2 children and no longer feel comfortable with him about.

C'mon people this dog needs a chance before he is put to sleep - maybe the kids have been tugging at him .. and that is his only defence and way to stop him.

Is there an experienced dog owner who would give this boy a chance before its too late please?

Back to top Go down
SubbyG00n

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want a dog which is needing a new home?   Anyone want a dog which is needing a new home? EmptyMon 5 Dec - 12:44

My lass wants a dog but i've always said no as they are so much work. I'd hate to see the dog put down though - Dog's Trust never put a healthy dog down... that's where my mate's English Mastif went when they had the little 'un
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want a dog which is needing a new home?   Anyone want a dog which is needing a new home? EmptyMon 5 Dec - 12:46

Apparently they say they have tried all the shelters and because he has staffie in him they won't take him.

How far that is true I don't know but I do know there are 100's of staffies in the shelters.

Would you be able to give him a chance?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want a dog which is needing a new home?   Anyone want a dog which is needing a new home? EmptyMon 5 Dec - 12:54

He's still a pup bless him - only 18months old - plenty of time to change his ways and put him on the right path.

If our dog didn't have bad hips i'd have taken him, but with a young dog running around she will be too and ultimately in agony .. so no go for us :-(
Back to top Go down
SubbyG00n

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want a dog which is needing a new home?   Anyone want a dog which is needing a new home? EmptyMon 5 Dec - 13:03

I really can't cos with me working away the looking after would be down to Laura (my lass) and she can't even keep up with cleaning out our rabbits.
Laura does ask me on a daily basis if we can get a dog or cat. I hate cats and absolutely refuse, a dog I would have but I love animals and i hate to see them neglected and i just think Laura would neglect him after the initial excitement wore off.

I would not want to see the dog put down so if it came to the point where they were about to drive to the vets to get the dog put down then they could give me a call and i'd have a look at him as I think even if Laura didn't walk him as much as she should that would be better than having the dog put to sleep.

My life's not right for it ATM as I like to go for trips to the Lakes on my motorbike at the drop of a hat but with a dog i'd have to think about giving him to my parents to look after and they already have 3 labs and both work full time 7 days a week with 5 jobs between them.

As I summary I AM NOT interested but they can call me on +449729505532 if it really is moments before they put him down. PS has he had the snip?
Back to top Go down
SubbyG00n

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want a dog which is needing a new home?   Anyone want a dog which is needing a new home? EmptyMon 5 Dec - 13:06

Now you've got me thinking "well, i do have a wagon..." etc, haha. But as I say realistically it has to be a no for now unless there really isn't anyone who can take him and we then may consider as an obsolute last resort. Just make sure they don't put him down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want a dog which is needing a new home?   Anyone want a dog which is needing a new home? EmptyMon 5 Dec - 13:09

I understand ... not sure if he's had the snip but the dogs trust/rspca often help out with paying for male castration for dogs/cats.

I've just been speaking to the owner and they hopefully have a home on Wednesday for him, which will be great - but it just made my blood boil because someone had made a comment for them to 'do the right thing and take this dog to the vets to have him destroyed'.

There is no need for this and I feel sure this dog could be turned around with the right owners - being a dog owner/lover it kills me to see this and I wanted to try and help find him a good loving home.

Fingers crossed he finds a forever home on Wednesday but thanks :-)

I'll keep you posted but hopefully it won't come down to the big needle.

3 Labs awww that's what ours is :-) but unfortunately has really bad hips.
Back to top Go down
SubbyG00n

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want a dog which is needing a new home?   Anyone want a dog which is needing a new home? EmptyMon 5 Dec - 13:27

Well that's good, i hope they do take him on Weds.
I love dogs, I've grown up around labs as when i lived with my parents we always had a lab, and both sets of grandparents had dogs.
You might have even met my parents Graeme and Karen as live around your neck of the woods and they always have their 3 labs out often with their friends Tara and Ian who also i beleive have 3 labs, It's like they have a pack. They r always at dogs shows n stuff too.
Their dogs, although the same pedigree are so different, they got Dee (White) and Tay (fox red) around the same time while I was still at college so it was my job to train them from little puppies since I was "home" although i was meant to be doing college work like. Tay has a problem with her rear legs, they get stiff when she excercises so she's not meant to put much strain on them so she couldn't have pups, however Dee got a mint hip and eye score so she had a litter and that's where the 3rd lab, Severn, came from... She's black, haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want a dog which is needing a new home?   Anyone want a dog which is needing a new home? EmptyMon 5 Dec - 15:27

love the names - lol ours is a chocolate lab called .... buttons lol.

Like you I've always had dogs, grown up with them and just always had them around me .. so can't see it changing in the future :-)
Back to top Go down
darrenk

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want a dog which is needing a new home?   Anyone want a dog which is needing a new home? EmptyMon 5 Dec - 23:34

hope it gets rehomed, all my dogs have been rescue dogs, as for the part about the shelters not taking him because it has staffy, i find that to be a bit shite on the shelters part, a kanine is a kanine, and thats what they are there for, I bet if the kids had ADD they woldnt put him in a home because he doesnt quite fit the bill

not wanting to jack the thread but a friend is looking for a home for her mal, its 1year old and does not get on with its dad anymore (not the owner lol) the dogy dad, I have pointed her to mal rescue as they can assist in rehming, so see how it goes
Back to top Go down
Urban-Printz

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want a dog which is needing a new home?   Anyone want a dog which is needing a new home? EmptyTue 6 Dec - 0:49

Shame we have enough with the 2 labs. at the age he is the 'biting' will be more play then anything. With Amber i get my fingers nibbled as a hello (or a toy thrown at me as the likes to give prezzies) bounty was the same.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want a dog which is needing a new home?   Anyone want a dog which is needing a new home? EmptyTue 6 Dec - 2:26

That's the thing Emma he has never bitten anyone or snacked.

I wish I knew the circumstances for the behaviour they describe as aggression.

Like your lab, our lab mouths our hands and nibbles our fingers .. when she was a puppy it was a sort or trust thing she did, if that makes sense. She's also vocal .. and how is a dog vocal .. they growl or bark.

I just feel this dog deserves a chance, he's still young and one mistake shouldn't mean being put to sleep .. a lot is down to training and understanding how dogs behave.

My mams golden retriever gets hold of your sleeve in his excitement to see you and guides you into the house .. that could be misconstrued ..

It's far too easy for people to end an animals life if their circumstances change or the dog isn't what they expected when they picked the cute puppy.

I've seen some horrific things when I worked at the RSPCA kennels when they used go be on Kyle Rd in Gateshead and most was down to ignorant/cruel people.

So if I can help get a chance for this young chap i will x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want a dog which is needing a new home?   Anyone want a dog which is needing a new home? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone want a dog which is needing a new home?
Page 1 of 1