North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Broken windscreen with heat EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Broken windscreen with heat EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Broken windscreen with heat EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Broken windscreen with heat EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Broken windscreen with heat EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Broken windscreen with heat EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Broken windscreen with heat EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Broken windscreen with heat EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Broken windscreen with heat EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Broken windscreen with heat

Go down 
+3
Andy Kindon
the-muttz-nutz
iddysti
7 posters
AuthorMessage
iddysti

iddysti

Broken windscreen with heat Empty
PostSubject: Broken windscreen with heat   Broken windscreen with heat EmptyTue 14 Feb - 14:54

Has anyone had a windscreen break on them with the heaters from the car.

I had a new windscreen fitted last June due to a stone chip and with the cold weather last week when the car was warming up the windscreen cracked along the bottom.

The wind screen company who fitted it, say its a common problem and happens all the time, in 25 years of driving I have never had a windscreen break with heat has anyone else heard of this or is this a cheap after market windscreen and they are trying to pull a fast one.
Back to top Go down
the-muttz-nutz

the-muttz-nutz

PostSubject: Re: Broken windscreen with heat   Broken windscreen with heat EmptyTue 14 Feb - 15:06

Sounds dodgy to me that,,,, it has only happened to me once but that was from a small crack which was already in the windscreen. went in the house and came back out to a crack the full length of the windscreen. I am no expert but maybe the windscreen was under some abnormal stress ie not all the bond was cleaned off properly causing a slight ill fitting on replacement. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Andy Kindon

PostSubject: Re: Broken windscreen with heat   Broken windscreen with heat EmptyTue 14 Feb - 16:25

iddysti wrote:
Has anyone had a windscreen break on them with the heaters from the car.

I had a new windscreen fitted last June due to a stone chip and with the cold weather last week when the car was warming up the windscreen cracked along the bottom.

The wind screen company who fitted it, say its a common problem and happens all the time, in 25 years of driving I have never had a windscreen break with heat has anyone else heard of this or is this a cheap after market windscreen and they are trying to pull a fast one.

oem windscreens wont do this but alot of the big windscreen companies use cheap crap screens which dont last long, probs so they get more jobs
Back to top Go down
Scooberuni

Scooberuni

PostSubject: Re: Broken windscreen with heat   Broken windscreen with heat EmptyTue 14 Feb - 16:42

I had one go on my MG ZR years ago,
I had the heaters on full blast and the combination
of the cold weather outside and the heat inside must
have shattered it. I was picking up little squares of
glass out of my car for months afterwards, this was
the original one that came with the car too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Broken windscreen with heat   Broken windscreen with heat EmptyTue 14 Feb - 16:46

I'd still have thought it should have lasted longer and be fit for the purpose and cars have heaters .. have a word with ur trading standards dept iddy, they'll advise you. :-)
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

PostSubject: Re: Broken windscreen with heat   Broken windscreen with heat EmptyTue 14 Feb - 17:29

Mrs_Mid_Life_Crisis wrote:
I'd still have thought it should have lasted longer and be fit for the purpose and cars have heaters .. have a word with ur trading standards dept iddy, they'll advise you. :-)

never thought of that, there office is just along from mine, so might get one of them to see the windscreen company when they come to work tomorrow
Back to top Go down
wrx/uk/ppp

wrx/uk/ppp

PostSubject: Re: Broken windscreen with heat   Broken windscreen with heat EmptyTue 14 Feb - 19:31

Only had one crack on me and that was canada stone chip then temp was down at -40 with wind chill frost got in heaters on and a nice crack right along wind screen Very Happy

But in canada its the norm to have cracks along the wind screen and still pass inspection affraid

Be complaining if i was you hopefully they will replace free of charge
Back to top Go down
tomwrx

tomwrx

PostSubject: Re: Broken windscreen with heat   Broken windscreen with heat EmptyWed 15 Feb - 0:02

did they replace it with a genuine subaru one or normal clear glass.

genuine subaru one has a light green tint in the glass from new and has a small black suntrip light part which is ruff in the inside of the windscreen.and if u pull down the visors then its inbetween the 2 of them.

when mine went last yr it took the glass company 4 attempts before they got the correct one,clear glass ,cheap copy,then wrong one and then a genuine one from subaru .

im sure u get a 12month warranty when they fit them new and make sure they fit a new seal as well .
Back to top Go down
phil555

phil555

PostSubject: Re: Broken windscreen with heat   Broken windscreen with heat EmptyWed 15 Feb - 0:09

Happened to me a few years back in my run-about, although the screen had a small chip which turned into a large crack.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Broken windscreen with heat   Broken windscreen with heat Empty

Back to top Go down

Broken windscreen with heat
Page 1 of 1