North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
headgasket gone :( any idea of repair cost?? EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
headgasket gone :( any idea of repair cost?? EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
headgasket gone :( any idea of repair cost?? EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
headgasket gone :( any idea of repair cost?? EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
headgasket gone :( any idea of repair cost?? EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
headgasket gone :( any idea of repair cost?? EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
headgasket gone :( any idea of repair cost?? EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
headgasket gone :( any idea of repair cost?? EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
headgasket gone :( any idea of repair cost?? EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

headgasket gone :( any idea of repair cost??

Go down 
+3
EJ22 GAV
locky@HYDROtek
harry123
7 posters
AuthorMessage
harry123

harry123

headgasket gone :( any idea of repair cost?? Empty
PostSubject: headgasket gone :( any idea of repair cost??   headgasket gone :( any idea of repair cost?? EmptySun 28 Oct - 17:01

now lads head gasket just gone Sad any idea of cost to repair this ??

or any offers to buy it off me ??Photobucket" border="0" alt=""/>
Back to top Go down
locky@HYDROtek

locky@HYDROtek

PostSubject: Re: headgasket gone :( any idea of repair cost??   headgasket gone :( any idea of repair cost?? EmptySun 28 Oct - 17:35

Give Andy kindon a shout on here fella......you will get a honest price Wink
Back to top Go down
EJ22 GAV

EJ22 GAV

PostSubject: Re: headgasket gone :( any idea of repair cost??   headgasket gone :( any idea of repair cost?? EmptySun 28 Oct - 18:23

dont know how u can use 'honest price' and kindon in the same sentence lee, the fcukin very idea!
he would charge his mother for a lift to hospital pmsl
Back to top Go down
locky@HYDROtek

locky@HYDROtek

PostSubject: Re: headgasket gone :( any idea of repair cost??   headgasket gone :( any idea of repair cost?? EmptySun 28 Oct - 19:32

I've never come across his dark side yet gav but its running upto Xmas there is time for the old Scrooge to surface I guess lol
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: headgasket gone :( any idea of repair cost??   headgasket gone :( any idea of repair cost?? EmptySun 28 Oct - 19:39

Should cost about the same as what you would get for it if you sold it with a fooked HG £500 to £600
Back to top Go down
Marshffs

Marshffs

PostSubject: Re: headgasket gone :( any idea of repair cost??   headgasket gone :( any idea of repair cost?? EmptySun 28 Oct - 20:23

Probably best off getting an engine off eBay. Its xmas time people are skint have cash and they will take it. Well i would lol
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: headgasket gone :( any idea of repair cost??   headgasket gone :( any idea of repair cost?? EmptySun 28 Oct - 20:39

No your way better off getting the head gasket repaired as a full engine will about the same then there's the cost of fitting it. Also you will be gutted when the head gasket goes in the replacement engine..
Back to top Go down
mousey

mousey

PostSubject: Re: headgasket gone :( any idea of repair cost??   headgasket gone :( any idea of repair cost?? EmptySun 28 Oct - 21:36

catch 22 with this one, either:

spend the money getting the head gasket done ( means laying down 500 quid or there abouts) and sell for its full value maybes 1200ish at a guess

or

sell it as it is and get 500 or 600

either way you look at it your not gonna gain or loose a considerable amount of money which eve you choose

James
Back to top Go down
harry123

harry123

PostSubject: Re: headgasket gone :( any idea of repair cost??   headgasket gone :( any idea of repair cost?? EmptySun 28 Oct - 21:55

hope fully it may be panick over think it might be the thermostat, fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: headgasket gone :( any idea of repair cost??   headgasket gone :( any idea of repair cost?? EmptySun 28 Oct - 22:09

EJ22 GAV wrote:
dont know how u can use 'honest price' and kindon in the same sentence lee, the fcukin very idea!
he would charge his mother for a lift to hospital pmsl

FPMSL lol!
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: headgasket gone :( any idea of repair cost??   headgasket gone :( any idea of repair cost?? EmptySun 28 Oct - 22:35

harry123 wrote:
hope fully it may be panick over think it might be the thermostat, fingers crossed

Fingers crossed m8y Smile
Back to top Go down
harry123

harry123

PostSubject: Re: headgasket gone :( any idea of repair cost??   headgasket gone :( any idea of repair cost?? EmptySun 28 Oct - 23:13

I have been looking at the car to see if the oil and water mixed and the water has gone down as expected from overheating but also the oil is bone dry and i always check it religiously and its always been at max level, would over heating cause it to use all the oil??
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: headgasket gone :( any idea of repair cost??   headgasket gone :( any idea of repair cost?? EmptyMon 29 Oct - 0:40

In theory yes overheating can cause your rings to loose tension and send oil into the combustion chamber but this isn't very common. How long was your car overheated for ?? Sometimes they will throw up a check engine light for missfire as the oil/water runs over your spark plugs. It's not uncommon for a failed head gasket on a Subarus to not mix oil and water but seen as tho you have no oil that is irrelevant. There is no oil so it must be burning it off. Did you notice any blue white smoke out of the exhaust ??

The best thing to do would be to get it to a garage and get a sniffer test done in your coolant and a compression test. That would give you w much better idea to whether you have a failed head gasket or not. They can be a bit tricky to self diagnose on Subarus I would be getting it down to a garage asap
Back to top Go down
harry123

harry123

PostSubject: Re: headgasket gone :( any idea of repair cost??   headgasket gone :( any idea of repair cost?? EmptyMon 29 Oct - 9:00

no mate there was no smoke am proper lost, ave checked it this morning and took the thermostat out and that was working fine, but also when i was driving apart from the overheating the engine didnt miss a beat no spluttering , smoke, nowt think garage me be the best bet
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: headgasket gone :( any idea of repair cost??   headgasket gone :( any idea of repair cost?? EmptyMon 29 Oct - 9:25

Good luck bud hope you can get it sorted cheap as poss...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: headgasket gone :( any idea of repair cost??   headgasket gone :( any idea of repair cost?? Empty

Back to top Go down

headgasket gone :( any idea of repair cost??
Page 1 of 1