North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Project AT WRX STi EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Project AT WRX STi EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Project AT WRX STi EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Project AT WRX STi EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Project AT WRX STi EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Project AT WRX STi EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Project AT WRX STi EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Project AT WRX STi EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Project AT WRX STi EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Project AT WRX STi

Go down 
+18
Mick T
iddysti
kgt
discodaz
alan_turbo2000
maca
Bigup1983
garyblake
byers
StickT
Jonny Gav
locky@HYDROtek
bazpro88
natski
keffer
stevep360
DAZ.STI
atwrx
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
atwrx

atwrx

Project AT WRX STi Empty
PostSubject: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi EmptySun 19 May - 16:14

OK, well I thought I'd best off start the thread or I'll not can be bothered once it gets moving.

The car currently sits as it came out of the factory apart from a Jetex cat back Exhaust and those Sparco Wheels, which are available for a swap if anyone has any Rota Force/Fighter Drift or Enkai wheels available?.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

First purchase was a set of RB320 Shocks and Springs, the rears are away getting refurbed and should be back pretty soon. As you can see, one of them is leaking. May as well get both done tho. Obviously they'll be a bit cleaner when they go on the car Smile

Back to top Go down
DAZ.STI

DAZ.STI

Project AT WRX STi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi EmptySun 19 May - 16:58

Looking forward to seeing it progress, love before and after shots, a few HOW TOO pics and advice along the way would be cool Cool
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

Project AT WRX STi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi EmptySun 19 May - 21:21

DAZ.STI wrote:
Looking forward to seeing it progress, love before and after shots, a few HOW TOO pics and advice along the way would be cool Cool

I'll do my best mate, I started it with my wagon, but I got rid before I could get into it in detail
Back to top Go down
stevep360

stevep360

Project AT WRX STi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi EmptySun 19 May - 21:32

who's refurbing the springs?
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

Project AT WRX STi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi EmptySun 19 May - 22:01

stevep360 wrote:
who's refurbing the springs?
Bilstein are refurbish the shocks mate. £80 a corner, that's for full strip down and rebuild, so basically come back as new.
Back to top Go down
keffer

keffer

Project AT WRX STi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi EmptyMon 20 May - 9:33

good luck bud
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

Project AT WRX STi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi EmptyWed 29 May - 12:38

Well These have just been nailed to the car this weekend.

Andy Forrest (THE MAN) mapped it this morning.

TD05-20G Billet with STS 9 Blade Turbine
HRC 340l/hr Fuel Pump
3 Port Boost Solenoid
3" Straight through Decat Exhaust
K&N Panel Filter

Made 391 BHP and 368 lb.ft Torque. Had to hold back the fuelling as the car ran out of air.

Andy thinks with FPR or bigger injectors and an induction kit I will see well over 400bhp. Cracking Turbo and plenty at the top end, was pulling strong well past 6500 RPM.

Love it, Love it, Love it.
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

Project AT WRX STi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi EmptyWed 29 May - 14:23

You made good power there mine made the same with a non billet turbo but I fitted bigger injectors and an induction kit and a trick up pipe to reduce the lag before I got it re mapped Wink

I would go with bigger injectors rather than a FPR if I where you just because it is a safer option
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

Project AT WRX STi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi EmptyWed 29 May - 15:13

I have a few thins to do yet mate. Ported headers, trick up pipe, injectors, induction kit, just wanted the initial map done. So it's a bit more interesting to drive. Want handling sorted next so it's not like a boat.

Have my shocks back from Bilstein, will have this fitted in a week or two.
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

Project AT WRX STi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi EmptyWed 29 May - 16:14

A bit more interesting ???
Was it running standard power yesterday ??

If that's the case then its more like fook me my cars ALIVE !!! cheers

Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

Project AT WRX STi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi EmptyWed 29 May - 16:21

natski wrote:
A bit more interesting ???
Was it running standard power yesterday ??

If that's the case then its more like fook me my cars ALIVE !!! cheers

Laughing it was standard until 10am this morning. 265 to 390, quite a jump Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bazpro88

bazpro88

Project AT WRX STi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi EmptyWed 29 May - 21:08

thats must be rapid. i mean they not slow with 260 so with that sort of power i bet there great fun.
Back to top Go down

Project AT WRX STi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi EmptyWed 29 May - 21:38

Nice result mate.......That'll be a hell of a difference - well done Wink
Back to top Go down
locky@HYDROtek

locky@HYDROtek

Project AT WRX STi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi EmptyWed 29 May - 21:49

Good results I liked my 20g very nice bolt on turbo Wink
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

Project AT WRX STi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi EmptyWed 29 May - 22:06

Yeah huge difference guys, completely transformed the car. Easy push for over 400 Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Project AT WRX STi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi EmptyWed 29 May - 23:10

Can't wait to have a go of mine but got to wait until tomorrow Sad

I hear you had problems too with the TD06 and lots of lag?

I had a 3 port boost solenoid fitted, then the turbo fitted but then found out there was a leak on my uppipe, so had to quickly find one, I got one (thanks to Finn) but it's being fitted and I get my car back tomorrow off Gipa.

The map was done as if the up pipe was fine - so hopefully tomorrow i'm good to go.

Didn't get an idea of torque but Andy said 400/400+ bhp - so a nice jump for me too from 345.

Did you go for Launch Control or Pops & Bangs with yours mate?
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

Project AT WRX STi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi EmptyThu 30 May - 7:20

TD06 on a 2.0 Shocked
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

Project AT WRX STi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi EmptyThu 30 May - 9:11

Mid_Life_Crisis wrote:
Can't wait to have a go of mine but got to wait until tomorrow Sad

I hear you had problems too with the TD06 and lots of lag?

I had a 3 port boost solenoid fitted, then the turbo fitted but then found out there was a leak on my uppipe, so had to quickly find one, I got one (thanks to Finn) but it's being fitted and I get my car back tomorrow off Gipa.

The map was done as if the up pipe was fine - so hopefully tomorrow i'm good to go.

Didn't get an idea of torque but Andy said 400/400+ bhp - so a nice jump for me too from 345.

Did you go for Launch Control or Pops & Bangs with yours mate?

It's a TD05 with a larger turbine housing (confirmed by Andy, as I wasn't sure). I went for that as I plan to stroke the engine next year, so planning ahead.

Also had a three port fitted by Gipa and the car is holding boost very well up to the red line.

I was going to ask for pops and bangs, not bothered about anti-lag, but I forgot to ask him as I was too busy laughing my tits off at how quick it was and asking Andy other questions.

It is a little laggy, but certainly not something you can't live with. The 7cm^3 housing would have been better if I hadn't been looking to increase the capacity.
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

Project AT WRX STi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi EmptyThu 30 May - 12:46

I would go for larger injectors rather than FPR and uping the pressure.

Nice results though on mapping but remember, when fitting new parts the map will need tweaked to suit the mods.
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

Project AT WRX STi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi EmptyThu 30 May - 13:04

StickT wrote:
I would go for larger injectors rather than FPR and uping the pressure.

Nice results though on mapping but remember, when fitting new parts the map will need tweaked to suit the mods.

Aye I know mate, I'll get all the parts pulled together like this time, then have them fitted in one go before mapping.
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

Project AT WRX STi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi EmptyThu 30 May - 17:12

What turbo have you fitted, I'm aware its a TD05 20g but what make is it ??

Is it an eBay special Kinugawa/kamak (same company) bag of shite ?

It shouldn't be laggy if its a billet version and you have STi AVCS heads that reduce turbo lag..
When Andy mapped my Jonny special he said it makes full boost 250 RPM later than the VF35 which I was well happy with as I expected much more lag.. 250 RPM in a near 400 BHP scoob that goes thru the gears 1-6 in about 10 seconds is not noticeable at all..

The trick up pipes do work well tho maybe you should of thought about what you where doing and got one fitted prior to your initial map bud they don't cost the earth....

And if your changing injectors up pipe and compression ratios (stroker build) for your next map I think Andy will need to do a fresh map rather than just a tweek Sad

How's the clutch holding up ??
I might have one for sale for you as I have found an alternative Wink
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

Project AT WRX STi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi EmptyThu 30 May - 18:21

Yes Natski, it is a Kamak, but before everyone throws their arms in the air, has anyone actually tried one of their turbos, or done any proper research into them? They aren't the "eBay shitty" turbos you buy for £200-£300, you can't actually buy them on eBay and although the kinugawa are the same company, they're not the same turbos.
They're huge in Australia and in eastern countries, if you take a look, they're also an OEM supplier for a few manufacturers.

Anyway, I'm here to try out and investigate, if it lets go, on my head be it. Although Andy Kindon wasn't too chuffed fitting it, as tis a tight fit, Andy Forrest was quite impressed with how it pulled. He also mentioned that it doesn't seem like a shitty turbo.

I think you're getting the wrong impression with regard to lag too, it's going to be a bit laggy due to its nature, it's got a larger turbine housing on it, if I'd gone for the normal housing, it wouldn't be. But I'm meaning laggy as in, spooling at around 3700-388rpm, I'm not too sure, I'm too busy watching the cars in front becoming extremely large in a short space of time. Smile

As far as buying other parts before the remap goes, I could have gone on all year and accumulated a whole raft of parts and still not had them fitted. Once the turbo arrived, I thought, fook it, I'm going to fit them, get it mapped, then I can start collecting the next lot of parts for the next mapping session. Or I'd still be driving round in a standard car and have £1500 sat in my wardrobe.

Next up is suspension. Then injectors, up pipe, ported headers and tweak.

Then next year/year after, rebuild. Or maybe I won't, not 100% yet.

Clutch is fine, keep hold of yours tho, no doubt mine will go soon Laughing
Only joking, the standard kit is fine, so I'll probs just replace with another blue box.
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

Project AT WRX STi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi EmptyThu 30 May - 19:08

How much is a kamak 20g ?
Did it come with any warranty ?

Can't argue with Mr F's opinion Very Happy
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

Project AT WRX STi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi EmptyThu 30 May - 21:14

Was £700 delivered and comes with a years no quibble guarantee.

I know JG turbos are less, just wanted to try something different and see if it works out ok.

Sorry Jonny, but no doubt I'll come crawling back Laughing
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

Project AT WRX STi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi EmptyThu 30 May - 21:27

I am sure JMG turbo's feature Kamak compressor wheels.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Project AT WRX STi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi Empty

Back to top Go down

Project AT WRX STi
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next