North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Motor Insurance Scam - Warning EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Motor Insurance Scam - Warning EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Motor Insurance Scam - Warning EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Motor Insurance Scam - Warning EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Motor Insurance Scam - Warning EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Motor Insurance Scam - Warning EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Motor Insurance Scam - Warning EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Motor Insurance Scam - Warning EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Motor Insurance Scam - Warning EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Motor Insurance Scam - Warning

Go down 
+4
StickT
garyblake
discodaz
kempy85
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Motor Insurance Scam - Warning Empty
PostSubject: Motor Insurance Scam - Warning   Motor Insurance Scam - Warning EmptyMon 9 Dec - 15:35

Hi People

I'm going to start off this post with an apology. I posted up the details of an Insurance Company giving competitive quotes (now deleted). Last month on my insurance renewal I was searching about for a decent renewal quote, as I was unhappy with my existing renewal. I was referred to a company called Personal Touch Insurance innocently by a member of another modified car forum as she had received a really competitive quote. I got the same and it was £200 cheaper than my renewal. It has come to light that the said company was a "Ghost" Insurance company and all of the documents/insurance certificates everyone has received were fakes.

I will not go through the long story but this all only came to light yesterday and I have been driving around without adequate insurance for the last 6 weeks FFS! Hundreds of people have been scammed and it has all been reported to the appropriate authorities although lots of people have lost thousands.

So for info the company was originally called Personal Touch Insurance, based in Manchester. It's name changed to Wecoverany.com and was underwrtitten by a company called TBR Assured Ltd - they are all fake.

The Agent was called John Langford, the director was called Lee Masters-Hughes who has a fake facebook profile. The Agent (John Langford) had taken out a motor trader trade policy with a company called Tradex and all he had done was add our vehicles to the trade policy and was able to upload the registration details of our vehicles to the MID database so that they appeared on the AskMID online car insurance checker.

So apologies to all and if you have taken out insurance with these conmen please get in touch with me ASAP as you will need to reinsure and I can update you on what you need to do to report this fraud.

On that note I have managed to get insured through A-Plan at a very competitive price and they were sympathetic enough to offer me an additional discount because of the scenario I was in.

Thanks

Mario

Embarassed  Embarassed

Last edited by Marietto on Mon 9 Dec - 15:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kempy85

kempy85

PostSubject: Re: Motor Insurance Scam - Warning   Motor Insurance Scam - Warning EmptyMon 9 Dec - 15:49

Good job you found out mate as the out come could have been slot worse if you had a accident
Back to top Go down
discodaz

discodaz

PostSubject: Re: Motor Insurance Scam - Warning   Motor Insurance Scam - Warning EmptyMon 9 Dec - 16:52

Good job you found out now!! Get them terminated    
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/darrenjayphotography

PostSubject: Re: Motor Insurance Scam - Warning   Motor Insurance Scam - Warning EmptyMon 9 Dec - 17:02

discodaz wrote:
Get them terminated    

......It is in progress Motor Insurance Scam - Warning Icon_twisted
Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: Motor Insurance Scam - Warning   Motor Insurance Scam - Warning EmptyMon 9 Dec - 17:57

Sorry to hear that mate hope you get sorted and get you cash back
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motor Insurance Scam - Warning   Motor Insurance Scam - Warning EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:14

Bad shit bro, makes us all wary of changing n looking for that cheaper deal. Sad
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: Motor Insurance Scam - Warning   Motor Insurance Scam - Warning EmptyMon 9 Dec - 20:22

Bad crack that like. how did all this come to light though ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motor Insurance Scam - Warning   Motor Insurance Scam - Warning EmptyMon 9 Dec - 20:33

StickT wrote:
Bad crack that like. how did all this come to light though ?

Long story mate - but I was chasing them for my certificate that hadn't come through yet even though I was showing as insured on askMID - got no response and all the numbers I had went dead. I contacted the girl who referred me and she said that she had been contacted by boat loads of people she had referred. A few of them had been stopped by the police for having no Insurance even though they had certificates (which were fake but they didn't know)........and the tale goes on.........
Back to top Go down
SG03RRZ

SG03RRZ

PostSubject: Re: Motor Insurance Scam - Warning   Motor Insurance Scam - Warning EmptyMon 9 Dec - 22:02

Mario got some lose un-serialised rifles you could "test" for that vermin issue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motor Insurance Scam - Warning   Motor Insurance Scam - Warning EmptyMon 9 Dec - 22:15

HAHA - Thanks for the offer Dave, I will let you know if I need any help Motor Insurance Scam - Warning Icon_twisted
Back to top Go down
Bigup1983

Bigup1983

PostSubject: Re: Motor Insurance Scam - Warning   Motor Insurance Scam - Warning EmptyMon 9 Dec - 23:13

Least your sorted now on the insurance front Mario.  

Have the halfwits been caught by the police or are the police too busy?

That said if the police haven't got them it'll give their ''Customers'' longer to track them down and string them up!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motor Insurance Scam - Warning   Motor Insurance Scam - Warning EmptyMon 9 Dec - 23:46

It's all in hand mate - all sorts of agencies are nmow involved from the Feds, the Insurance Fraud Bureau, MIB, Action Fraud, IFED - you name it. He will get caught - hopefully before he gets terminated
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Motor Insurance Scam - Warning   Motor Insurance Scam - Warning EmptyTue 10 Dec - 9:36

Like kempy said, good job you found out now and not when you needed to rely on being insured. It amazes me what some folks will try and get away with. I'm sure these guys will meet with natural justice down the line.
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: Motor Insurance Scam - Warning   Motor Insurance Scam - Warning EmptyWed 11 Dec - 0:47

affraid affraid affraid 

You have been lucky there haven't you!!! have you lost all the money you have paid or were you paying instalments? Best sticking to reputable companies who have history even if it costs a couple of quid more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motor Insurance Scam - Warning   Motor Insurance Scam - Warning Empty

Back to top Go down

Motor Insurance Scam - Warning
Page 1 of 1