North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Mapping and dyno day :-)  EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Mapping and dyno day :-)  EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Mapping and dyno day :-)  EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Mapping and dyno day :-)  EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Mapping and dyno day :-)  EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Mapping and dyno day :-)  EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Mapping and dyno day :-)  EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Mapping and dyno day :-)  EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Mapping and dyno day :-)  EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Mapping and dyno day :-)

Go down 
+7
Jonny Gav
ukjesters
Steviedoo
natski
winston
carl08
garyblake
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
garyblake

garyblake

Mapping and dyno day :-)  Empty
PostSubject: Mapping and dyno day :-)    Mapping and dyno day :-)  EmptyThu 28 Aug - 9:39

Well today the day up at tegsport to get scooby mapped

Going maffless , anti lag launch control
With 2 map setting

Vpower

Meth + vpower

Not sure what will get hopping 4?? Bhp

Last edited by garyblake on Thu 28 Aug - 18:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
carl08

carl08

PostSubject: Re: Mapping and dyno day :-)    Mapping and dyno day :-)  EmptyThu 28 Aug - 10:43

Good luck mate!
Back to top Go down
winston

winston

PostSubject: Re: Mapping and dyno day :-)    Mapping and dyno day :-)  EmptyThu 28 Aug - 11:54

hope it goes well for ya gaz
Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: Mapping and dyno day :-)    Mapping and dyno day :-)  EmptyThu 28 Aug - 12:11

Thanks

made 381.4 bhpon 1.5 bar with clutch slipping

tryed 1.7 bar but clutch was slipping and couldn't  get power down :-(
So tweeking 1.5 bar and just kept slipping more and more

Last edited by garyblake on Thu 28 Aug - 18:41; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Mapping and dyno day :-)    Mapping and dyno day :-)  EmptyThu 28 Aug - 13:35

What clutch you going to go for Gary ? My exedy organic or pink box as it's more commonly known has started to slip on high boost. As soon as the turbo comes on boost it hits the red line Sad

The clutch has only done about 10K so I very nearly bought an AP Racing one to put in last night. Did some research and I seen something on Scoobynet about them ripping the centres out so I changed my mind.
Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: Mapping and dyno day :-)    Mapping and dyno day :-)  EmptyThu 28 Aug - 14:53

Not sure might go pink

After some meth as set for 20% on map 2
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Mapping and dyno day :-)    Mapping and dyno day :-)  EmptyThu 28 Aug - 15:41

Have you been smoking meth Gary ??

Why would you want to run a 20% meth map and have your first map set for V power ?
Just stick with the V power only maps it will avoid confusion

Oh and didn't I just tell you a pink won't last more than 10K I'm sure you will soon clock that kind of milage up driving around buying all your car parts to sell to us mere mortals at knock down prices Smile

as usual your going to take no notice because chances are that you will sell the car before you do 10K in it anyway lol! lol!

Just an update on the AP Racing clutches they no longer rip out the centres that info was from about 4 years ago and the problem has now been rectified..
Back to top Go down
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

PostSubject: Re: Mapping and dyno day :-)    Mapping and dyno day :-)  EmptyThu 28 Aug - 16:45

garyblake wrote:
Not sure might go pink

After some meth as set for 20% on map 2

So did they not actually map it with meth in
Back to top Go down
ukjesters

ukjesters

PostSubject: Re: Mapping and dyno day :-)    Mapping and dyno day :-)  EmptyThu 28 Aug - 17:22

Mine started slipping the day after the remap! Only got the exedy blue box in it & it's now doing 360/415 so gonna go for the stage 2 competition clutch, which is ample more than what I need but does allow for more aggressive gear changes.

Back to top Go down
http://www.rick-thornton-photography.com
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: Mapping and dyno day :-)    Mapping and dyno day :-)  EmptyThu 28 Aug - 18:02

Will go back for tweek and power run to find out what it running once new clutch to find true figgers and boost tweek but yes it's safe to run meth on map 2 (which is on switch )

1.5 bar map 1 vpower 381bhp clutch slip
1.5 bar map 2 vpower + 20% meth clutch slip bhp ?

As for clutch don't have clue don't want a paddle clutch as there pain as had one on classic
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Mapping and dyno day :-)    Mapping and dyno day :-)  EmptyThu 28 Aug - 20:27

natski wrote:
Have you been smoking meth Gary ??

Why would you want to run a 20% meth map and have your first map set for V power ?
Just stick with the V power only maps  it will avoid confusion

Oh and didn't I just tell you a pink won't last more than 10K I'm sure you will soon clock that kind of milage up driving around buying all your car parts to sell to us mere mortals at knock down prices Smile

as usual your going to take no notice because chances are that you will sell the car before you do 10K in it anyway  lol! lol!

Just an update on the AP Racing clutches they no longer rip out the centres that info was from about 4 years ago and the problem has now been rectified..

You need to keep on doing your research, don't think the AP is rated anywhere near you "calmed" power output, look at the Sachs one if you are staying with an organic clutch.
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Mapping and dyno day :-)    Mapping and dyno day :-)  EmptyThu 28 Aug - 20:36

Well Mr Gav as soon as it's got a clutch I it I will have to get it on the rollers cos as you say my estimated power is calmed.

Does this mean that it is more than I think or does it mean that you have misspelled claimed ??
Back to top Go down
discodaz

discodaz

PostSubject: Re: Mapping and dyno day :-)    Mapping and dyno day :-)  EmptyThu 28 Aug - 21:43

ukjesters wrote:
Mine started slipping the day after the remap! Only got the exedy blue box in it & it's now doing 360/415 so gonna go for the stage 2 competition clutch, which is ample more than what I need but does allow for more aggressive gear changes.

Nick loves his pink soft clutch and he is running similar power
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/darrenjayphotography
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Mapping and dyno day :-)    Mapping and dyno day :-)  EmptyThu 28 Aug - 22:03

I loved mine till it started slipping. Spoke to the previous owner and he said it had done 8k before he sold the car that was 2k ago and now it's fucked. So nick may well love his clutch right now but he won't do in a year or so
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Mapping and dyno day :-)    Mapping and dyno day :-)  EmptySat 30 Aug - 8:17

natski wrote:
Well Mr Gav as soon as it's got a clutch I  it I will have to get it on the rollers cos as you say my estimated power is calmed.

Does this mean that it is more than I think or does it mean that you have misspelled claimed ??  

It means my iphone decided it knows better than I do what word I wanted to spell, yes it's claimed as in estimated, not proven or measured using a suitable measuring device.

Is that clear enough?
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Mapping and dyno day :-)    Mapping and dyno day :-)  EmptySat 30 Aug - 8:22

natski wrote:
I loved mine till it started slipping. Spoke to the previous owner and he said it had done 8k before he sold the car that was 2k ago and now it's fucked. So nick may well love his clutch right now but he won't do in a year or so

8k is good from an organic clutch with higher power levels, don't expect to get 30k, go to a twin plate or paddle if you want it to last longer.
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Mapping and dyno day :-)    Mapping and dyno day :-)  EmptySat 30 Aug - 12:58

Jonny Gav wrote:
natski wrote:

8k is good from an organic clutch with higher power levels, don't expect to get 30k, go to a twin plate or paddle if you want it to last longer.

Well I have just sorted out an Exedy twin plate for £150 just need to price up some replacement plates for it. The lad selling it didn't realise the plates can be replaced and bought a brand new twin plate setup.. I think the replacements work out at about £400 so I have got myself a good deal I think Smile
Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: Mapping and dyno day :-)    Mapping and dyno day :-)  EmptySat 30 Aug - 13:01

Mate iv been talk to gipa he had clutch in typer running hight bhp and his clutch came from America and Andy Forrest had same one and it cheap and it's like pink so I'm going for this one Smile

Last edited by garyblake on Sun 31 Aug - 20:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Mapping and dyno day :-)    Mapping and dyno day :-)  EmptySat 30 Aug - 13:30

It it an A.C.T clutch by any chance Gary ?

You need an A.C.T flywheel too or they don't work so I've been told.

I'm waiting to talk to Alyn about these before I commit to buying the exedy twin plate as I hear they are quite noisy clutches.
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

PostSubject: Re: Mapping and dyno day :-)    Mapping and dyno day :-)  EmptySun 31 Aug - 10:00

get a Sachs organic. had one in the hawkeye did 20k plus miles with it and was still ok when I sold the car. it's the torque that breaks them. the hawk was running over 500lbft so the power levels you guys are talking about is no problem.
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: Mapping and dyno day :-)    Mapping and dyno day :-)  EmptySun 31 Aug - 17:50

iddysti wrote:
get a Sachs organic. had one in the hawkeye did 20k plus miles with it and was still ok when I sold the car. it's the torque that breaks them. the hawk was running over 500lbft so the power levels you guys are talking about is no problem.

Do you need the matching flywheel to go with the sach clutch mate?

any links for a one that would fit mine? are they 6 speed specific etc...?
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Mapping and dyno day :-)    Mapping and dyno day :-)  EmptySun 31 Aug - 18:49

I can only find them on sach's website and they cost about €850 from Germany. .

If anyone can find a supplier for 6 speed sachs organic clutch's in the UK a link would be much appreciated by myself and Mr Maca. Not too sure about Gary he is getting one that can from America and runs over height power scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: Mapping and dyno day :-)    Mapping and dyno day :-)  EmptySun 31 Aug - 20:48

Not sure what I'm going for yet same as gipa or put another pink clutch in
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Mapping and dyno day :-)    Mapping and dyno day :-)  EmptySun 31 Aug - 21:45

natski wrote:
Jonny Gav wrote:
natski wrote:

Well I have just sorted out an Exedy twin plate for £150 just need to price up some replacement plates for it. The lad selling it didn't realise the plates can be replaced and bought a brand new twin plate setup.. I think the replacements work out at about £400 so I have got myself a good deal I think Smile

Bargain!
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: Mapping and dyno day :-)    Mapping and dyno day :-)  EmptySun 31 Aug - 21:52

I have just bought a triple plate Excedy for super cheap,

Awesome clutches.

Anything that's cheap and none paddle won't last with a good hawking round, fine on road cars that don't do no real hard work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mapping and dyno day :-)    Mapping and dyno day :-)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Mapping and dyno day :-)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next