North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
dyno testing at northalliton EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
dyno testing at northalliton EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
dyno testing at northalliton EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
dyno testing at northalliton EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
dyno testing at northalliton EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
dyno testing at northalliton EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
dyno testing at northalliton EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
dyno testing at northalliton EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
dyno testing at northalliton EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

dyno testing at northalliton

Go down 
+6
bonski
scott gilhespy
REZ
mitchsti
KushBex
ellio38
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ellio38

ellio38

dyno testing at northalliton Empty
PostSubject: dyno testing at northalliton   dyno testing at northalliton EmptySun 30 Oct - 16:52

More than happoy with todays dyno reults. With just fitting an exhaust and manual boost controle my wagon pulled 261bhp. More than happy. Was only expecting arount 220.
Back to top Go down
KushBex

KushBex

PostSubject: Re: dyno testing at northalliton   dyno testing at northalliton EmptySun 30 Oct - 17:05

You did well mate - good result.
Back to top Go down
mitchsti

mitchsti

PostSubject: Re: dyno testing at northalliton   dyno testing at northalliton EmptySun 30 Oct - 17:28

Im also more than happy with mine as made 300.5 with just a back box and bailey's dump valve otherwise standard. bounce bounce bounce Very Happy

cheers Andy
Back to top Go down
ellio38

ellio38

PostSubject: Re: dyno testing at northalliton   dyno testing at northalliton EmptySun 30 Oct - 17:35

KushBex wrote:
You did well mate - good result.
. Cheers. Was very suprised with the reult after the last 4 weeks of headache with the car
Back to top Go down
REZ

REZ

PostSubject: Re: dyno testing at northalliton   dyno testing at northalliton EmptySun 30 Oct - 18:08

Nice meeting you chaps for the first time today. Really enjoyed it. My wagon did 276bhp and 254lb/ft so pretty happy with that. VF34/5, injectors etc on the cards for new year.. we had a potter along to Croft afterwards to spy the track day, very quiet one it was. Few mx5s, M3s, a noble and a deceptively quick 106.. only three cars per session so fairly quiet..
Back to top Go down
scott gilhespy

PostSubject: Re: dyno testing at northalliton   dyno testing at northalliton EmptySun 30 Oct - 18:34

REZ wrote:
Nice meeting you chaps for the first time today. Really enjoyed it. My wagon did 276bhp and 254lb/ft so pretty happy with that. VF34/5, injectors etc on the cards for new year.. we had a potter along to Croft afterwards to spy the track day, very quiet one it was. Few mx5s, M3s, a noble and a deceptively quick 106.. only three cars per session so fairly quiet..

aye mate was a quiet day at croft. the most cars i seen out on track at any point was 11. most had left by the time you got there. my old 106 is a hoot on the track. kev (the new owner) only got just over 100miles out of a set of brakes. absolutely killing it haha! nice to meet everyone who i havnt met before. still a bit gutted about my figures but so chuffed it was driveable once dyno'd haha :-) :-)
Back to top Go down
bonski

bonski

PostSubject: Re: dyno testing at northalliton   dyno testing at northalliton EmptySun 30 Oct - 19:02

what figures did you get scott
Back to top Go down
Mark_Type-R

PostSubject: Re: dyno testing at northalliton   dyno testing at northalliton EmptySun 30 Oct - 20:40

any reason my post has been deleted, lol:-)
Back to top Go down
baldy

baldy

PostSubject: Re: dyno testing at northalliton   dyno testing at northalliton EmptySun 30 Oct - 20:45

not sure m8 it hasnt been moved i dont think Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: dyno testing at northalliton   dyno testing at northalliton EmptySun 30 Oct - 21:11

Mark_Type-R wrote:
any reason my post has been deleted, lol:-)

PM sent
Back to top Go down
Mark_Type-R

PostSubject: Re: dyno testing at northalliton   dyno testing at northalliton EmptySun 30 Oct - 21:20

Hi

i have been there 3 times, all i was saying is vf23 can not make 380bhp, so think my diff may be effecting figures with it been in full lock on the rollers, if someone can come on and say a vf23 can make 380bhp then iam sorry and will eat humble pie lol

so as i was saying if any of the boffins on here can tell me a vf23 can run that sort of power iam sorry.

dont want to cause any trouble but not fair to delete a post when i said it maybe down to the diff, no blame to motorscope.

Mark

Last edited by Mark_Type-R on Mon 31 Oct - 16:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
drew@drewsautos

drew@drewsautos

PostSubject: Re: dyno testing at northalliton   dyno testing at northalliton EmptySun 30 Oct - 22:13

a vf23 shud make approx 300hp at 18psi

a vf23 will flow approx 430cfm at 18psi

1hp = 1.45cfm

so 430 divided by 1.45 = 300hp approx

remember there all kinds of things that alter into it this is just approx

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: dyno testing at northalliton   dyno testing at northalliton EmptySun 30 Oct - 22:16

sure it was a VF23 on the TypeR that made circa 370bhp scratch
Back to top Go down
FINN
Admin
FINN

PostSubject: Re: dyno testing at northalliton   dyno testing at northalliton EmptyMon 31 Oct - 0:11

IHI VF23
(388cfm at 18psi, 250-325whp, Bolt-On)
This is the standard equipment turbocharger used on the JDM MY95 Subaru Impreza WRX STi and the JDM Subaru Impreza WRX STi 22b. The VF23 is a ball bearing turbocharger that utilizes the P20 exhaust housing like the VF22. This housing is mated with the smaller compressor housing of the VF24 for fast response and excellent low and mid-range performance. It does not have the same top end power of the VF22, but spools up slightly quicker.
Expect to achieve full boost with the proper mods and a quality tune between 2800-3300rpms. 2002-2005 WRX owners will need fuel upgrades for this turbocharger and proper engine management is highly recommended for all vehicles
Back to top Go down
FINN
Admin
FINN

PostSubject: Re: dyno testing at northalliton   dyno testing at northalliton EmptyMon 31 Oct - 0:15

Yellowperil wrote:
sure it was a VF23 on the TypeR that made circa 370bhp scratch
agree Wink

few other supporting mods and a bit more boost, should see around 370 bhp Wink
Back to top Go down
FINN
Admin
FINN

PostSubject: Re: dyno testing at northalliton   dyno testing at northalliton EmptyMon 31 Oct - 0:20

ellio38 wrote:
More than happoy with todays dyno reults. With just fitting an exhaust and manual boost controle my wagon pulled 261bhp. More than happy. Was only expecting arount 220.
a could have told you what power ur car was doing via my arse dyno Wink lol

took ur car round the block before a fitted ya decat, and was amazed at how quick and how silent it was (been years since at drove a scoob with standard system still on), a was like fook me am going fast and me ears arent bleeding ???

and am in a classic ??? WTF

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: dyno testing at northalliton   dyno testing at northalliton EmptyMon 31 Oct - 0:30

pmsl! think Ian was just pleased it didnt blow up lol.

highlight of the day has to be Mickys face when Richard hit the limiter on the rollers. his arse Dropped!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
FINN
Admin
FINN

PostSubject: Re: dyno testing at northalliton   dyno testing at northalliton EmptyMon 31 Oct - 1:36

Yellowperil wrote:
pmsl! think Ian was just pleased it didnt blow up lol.

highlight of the day has to be Mickys face when Richard hit the limiter on the rollers. his arse Dropped!!! lol!

ha ha a PMSL

even my lass was laughing like fook, and am sure liam has this on video ??

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dyno testing at northalliton   dyno testing at northalliton Empty

Back to top Go down

dyno testing at northalliton
Page 1 of 1