North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
iddysti

iddysti

I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor Empty
PostSubject: I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor   I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor EmptySat 16 Oct - 22:53

Well I spoken to soon the other day when I thought me and Jonny had sorted my juddering problem.

I have fitted a new Knock sensor and guess what the problem is still there.

Not as bad as it was but its still there it is definitely something interfering with the sensor.
Back to top Go down
FINN
Admin
FINN

PostSubject: Re: I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor   I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor EmptySun 17 Oct - 0:31

BUST IT .
Back to top Go down
Andy Kindon

PostSubject: Re: I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor   I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor EmptySun 17 Oct - 18:20

iddysti wrote:
Well I spoken to soon the other day when I thought me and Jonny had sorted my juddering problem.

I have fitted a new Knock sensor and guess what the problem is still there.

Not as bad as it was but its still there it is definitely something interfering with the sensor.

i think the sensor needs putting in a different place or spk to bob about turning knock control off below 3k revs

Andy

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor   I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor EmptySun 17 Oct - 20:56

gutted to hear that mate Sad

Andy Kindon wrote:

i think the sensor needs putting in a different place or spk to bob about turning knock control off below 3k revs

how would that work in relation to engine load etc below 3k? can it be disengaged on stock ECU's?

maybe worth having it on the block when being mapped then maybe relocating on the inlet manifold afterwards?
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor   I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor EmptySun 17 Oct - 22:42

As I said to you on the day mate, it sounds like the sensor is picking up phantom det below 3k revs, speak to bob about switching off the knock sensor below 3k, I know a few mappers do this with forged engines to prevent this from happening, this will solve the problem.

There must be a noise on the engine at the same frequency as the standard knock system detects det, as you are not picking up det on your KS3 that is located on the block it definitely isn't det.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor   I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor EmptySun 17 Oct - 23:03

ahh, didnt know you'd got a KS3 Cool
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

PostSubject: Re: I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor   I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor EmptyMon 18 Oct - 18:53

I have contacted Bob and the knock control cannot be switched off below 3000 revs.
This is what he is suggesting:-
"Try disassociating the sensor, for example fit a copper or plastic washer top and bottom to isolate the bolt a bit more"

I'll give that a go.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor   I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor EmptyMon 18 Oct - 19:19

iddysti wrote:

"Try disassociating the sensor, for example fit a copper or plastic washer top and bottom to isolate the bolt a bit more"

I'll give that a go.

Great idea!!! although i'd try just top first though Wink wouldnt put plastic on the bottom though.
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

PostSubject: Re: I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor   I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor EmptyTue 19 Oct - 8:22

Andy, thats where it is at the moment on the top of the inlet manifold.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor   I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor EmptyTue 19 Oct - 9:42

What gaskets have you got fitted?
Back to top Go down
Andy Kindon

PostSubject: Re: I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor   I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor EmptyTue 19 Oct - 10:29

gaskets dont have anything to do with it, iddy if ya pop round ive got summit to try Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor   I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor EmptyTue 19 Oct - 12:13

Why wouldnt gaskets make a difference? If iddy was just using standard gaskets, surely by fitting gizzmos or spacers it would dampen the frequency going through the manifold and triggering the knock sensor? It would also stop so much heat transfer and reduce his risk of det further. If im wrong, fair enough but please explain as being an open forum, the info would be handy for others im sure.
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

PostSubject: Re: I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor   I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor EmptyTue 19 Oct - 12:23

Andy, I have gizzmo gaskets fitted. Like Andy says its definitely not the gaskets. Its like Jonny says it something interfering at the same frequency as the knock sensor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor   I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor EmptyTue 19 Oct - 12:31

Ah okay then, well if Andys idea doesnt work i'd deffo give Bobs idea a go Wink
Back to top Go down
Andy Kindon

PostSubject: Re: I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor   I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor EmptyTue 19 Oct - 18:34

my idea was the same as bobs and jonnys as we had a conversation about it when iddy was on holiday, anyway after some tests its nowt to do with knock, its fueling related coming from a leaking up pipe at the slip joint when engine moves slightly, the standard engine mounts over time have become soft, this slight more than normal movement is putting huge stress on the up pipe and has opened up the slip joint slightly, ecu on hawkeye is ultra sensitive so slight issues are exagerated, keep ya knickers on peril im tryin to explain it , i could even draw ya a diagram using spin dryer technology Laughing cheers lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor   I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor EmptyWed 20 Oct - 1:12

Dint wear knickers Razz

Not got any new material yet? Here was me thinking you were only slow when it came to doing work pirat Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor   I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor EmptyWed 27 Oct - 21:53

iddysti wrote:
I have contacted Bob and the knock control cannot be switched off below 3000 revs.

Must only be proper software that can do this Wink Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor   I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor Empty

Back to top Go down

I Spoke To Soon - Knock Sensor
Page 1 of 1