North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Eclipse Performance EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Eclipse Performance EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Eclipse Performance EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Eclipse Performance EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Eclipse Performance EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Eclipse Performance EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Eclipse Performance EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Eclipse Performance EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Eclipse Performance EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Eclipse Performance

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
chris@eclipse

chris@eclipse

Eclipse Performance Empty
PostSubject: Eclipse Performance   Eclipse Performance EmptySun 24 Oct - 21:16

Moderators, please feel free to move this to another thread, or delete it if its not allowed.

I've had an interesting email from a fellow member this evening which has lead me to start this thread. Basically, he had an issue with some work that had allegedly been done by us, however after a couple of messages back and forwards it turns out the work was done by someone else, and had absolutely nothing to do with us at all. Obviously thinking we were in the wrong he had built up his opinion of us, which understandably wasnt very good!

I understand that, no problem. It was just a mistake. However he did say that maybe there are a few members on here who might think the same way.

So, with shoulders as broad as possible I would like to offer anyone who has had a bad experience with us, or anyone who generally thinks we have a bad reputation to come forward and let me know about it.

You might think Im mad, and clearly it could soon start out to be a slagging match, but thats not what Im after. Were all adults here and Im just a normal guy who is trying hard to build the reputation for his business, so that means not only do i have to take the glory when customers are happy, but i also have to fully understand if people are piss#d off, and more importantly do what i can to put it right!

As this other member quite rightly said, it takes YEARS to build a good reputation, but one or two negative issues can easily ruin all the hard work in an instant.

Ive got pretty thick skin, but please try to keep it civil! Wink

Thanks,
Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.eclipse-performance.com
Anth2009

Anth2009

PostSubject: Re: Eclipse Performance   Eclipse Performance EmptySun 24 Oct - 21:44

eclipse performance was the first place i brought my car to when i first entered the scooby scene 2 years ago and the level of service i recieved was exellent, so no complaints here.
Back to top Go down
chris@eclipse

chris@eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Eclipse Performance   Eclipse Performance EmptySun 24 Oct - 21:49

Cheers mate. Its good to hear. Like I said, we can do 100's of good jobs that go un noticed however a couple of bad ones can cause a lot of harm.

Im just trying to see if I can find out about any bad ones and see if theres anything I can do to put them right!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eclipse Performance   Eclipse Performance EmptySun 24 Oct - 21:56

You's forgot to connect the speedo up on the scoob after doing the gearbox - Turned round came back and you sorted it straight away! .. Service was great and very friendly.
Back to top Go down
Maddogpro

Maddogpro

PostSubject: Re: Eclipse Performance   Eclipse Performance EmptySun 24 Oct - 22:20

Why does the sig link take me elsewhere
Back to top Go down
chris@eclipse

chris@eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Eclipse Performance   Eclipse Performance EmptySun 24 Oct - 22:25

Dunno? Its where the hosting page is for the image. I want it to link to www.eclipse-performance.com/subaru if anyone knows how to do it??

EDIT... All sorted now, thanks for the heads up!

By the way, thanks Miss Angel. I do remember that. I consider myself reprimanded! Embarassed

Last edited by chris@eclipse on Sun 24 Oct - 22:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eclipse Performance   Eclipse Performance EmptySun 24 Oct - 22:43

chris@eclipse wrote:
Dunno? Its where the hosting page is for the image. I want it to link to www.eclipse-performance.com/subaru if anyone knows how to do it??

By the way, thanks Miss Angel. I do remember that. I consider myself reprimanded! Embarassed

PMSL!. I think ya safe now!. We had a laugh at your expence on the was home ... Tho my mother wouldnt have noticed as i had to point it out to her!
Back to top Go down
D4VEW557

D4VEW557

PostSubject: Re: Eclipse Performance   Eclipse Performance EmptyMon 25 Oct - 20:43

I have had 2 experiences with your company. One ended with me being not completely satisfied and the other was fine. Service was good and friendly the price was very good.

However i'm sure it the first experience that you would be intrested in. It started with a phone call which was fine i was given the price of a part and also so advice about an other issue which did save me some hassle so at this point everything was fine.

I came to purchase the part i was given a part that had being fitted before but was told that it had just been tried on a car in your workshop as a diagnostic aid hence the marks on it that showed it had been fitted, while some may not have acecpted this, being in the trade myself i fully understand that sometimes the easiest and quickest way to find a fault is to simply try on a part.

After a week or so of the part being fitted i was not happy that it was operating correctly and after returning to eclipse i was told that it was more likely a fault with the car than the part you had supplied as you had never seen this part failling before and i was pretty much sent on my way.

after a couple of months of driving all of which i knew there was something not right the part supplied by yourselves it failed altogether and had to be removed.

Now i know at this point what you will say is if i had return the part you may of changed it or sorted something, but due to what seemed to be a lack of and real intrest when i had said i believed there to be a problem, i didn't bother.

As you are asking for comments on your business the one thing i thought on every vist to your shop was how busy everyone seemed to be busy, which from your point of view is good but from a customer point of view everyone looked to be rushing around and even somewhat flustered, which did cause a lack of the more personal service you would expect from a smaller outfit. This did seem to be the cause of what seemed like a lack of interest in my problem with the part you supplied, and it was you personally i was dealing with chris.

Last edited by D4VEW557 on Mon 25 Oct - 22:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chris@eclipse

chris@eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Eclipse Performance   Eclipse Performance EmptyMon 25 Oct - 21:33

Thanks for that Dave, I appreciate you taking time to explain what happened. I dont remember the situation myself but I take on board eveything you say.

We clearly let you down on this occasion and didnt offer you the kind of customer care that I want us to give. For that I am genuinely sorry. Being busy and multi-tasking is a normal part of our day, but that shouldnt comprimise the service we give our customers. If it does, then I need to look at it and cosider if we need more staff. Being a new company means finding the right balance of enough staff to cover the workload is difficult as it can be hard to predict sometimes. Some days are absolutley manic and others can be a lot quieter. However, thats something for me to work out.

Your part should have been replaced the first time you came back, simple as that. No excusses, we messed up!

I am glad the other time you delt with us ok and im pleased you thought our prices were good. Trying to compete with big established names means one of the ways we can be recognised is by competing favourably on price! I will admit we dont always get that bit right either but we are definately getting better!! However, we also need to match that with an equally good, if not better service! I know most of the time we do, but with you we certainly didnt!

If I can help by replacing the part free of charge, or offering you something of equivilant value then please let me do it. It will at least make me feel that I have done something to put it right for you!
Back to top Go down
D4VEW557

D4VEW557

PostSubject: Re: Eclipse Performance   Eclipse Performance EmptyMon 25 Oct - 22:04

Well no one could complian about your response time a reply within the hour, very good.

I don't expect you would remember as for one i'm going back about almost a year and i'm sure you deal with alot of customers.

The part in question was a mechanical speedo convertor, I don't know if i still have it as it's been off the car for about 8 month now. If i do i would be hapy to return it to yourself. The failure of it is pretty easy to see as the the square hole where the speedo cable goes is now a round hole.

I have found being a member of different forums over the years that there will always be some people who swear by one company and others who would tell you that same company is the worst ever.
If you mange to please eveyrone you would be the first i'd ever heard of, but well done for making the effort to do so.
Back to top Go down
chris@eclipse

chris@eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Eclipse Performance   Eclipse Performance EmptyMon 25 Oct - 22:29

Cheers Dave. I think one of the problems im starting to appreciate is we have never had a presence on forums in the past, so we havent had the chance to respond to any comments people might have been making, either good or bad! Nor have we had the oportunity to help people with their problems, or sell what we do!

As for pleasing everyone, I know thats never going to happen. But at the same time, if there are people out there who feel they have had a bad service from us, and I can do something to put that right, then Ill try my best!

I take it you are running around without a converter now? We have them in stock so could send you a new one tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
D4VEW557

D4VEW557

PostSubject: Re: Eclipse Performance   Eclipse Performance EmptyMon 25 Oct - 22:43

Indeed i am, i wasn't pay for another.

You wouldn't have to send it far, if i walk to the end of my street i can almost see your building.

I think the failed one is in my tool box at work i shall have a look tomorrow, i appreciate you offering to send a replacement out but i would prefer to show you the old one so you can see it has failed, I would hate to think anyone would think that i was making it up. (not that i am saying you don't believe me)
Back to top Go down
chris@eclipse

chris@eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Eclipse Performance   Eclipse Performance EmptyMon 25 Oct - 22:49

Ok, I wont be there for the next 3 days. Ive got some remaps to do in Scotland and then down in Leeds so I will be away until Friday.

But I will let the lads know you might be popping in. Dont worry about it, we should have replaced it for you when you first had the problem so its the least we can do!

Cheers,
Chris
Back to top Go down
EJ22 GAV

EJ22 GAV

PostSubject: Re: Eclipse Performance   Eclipse Performance EmptyTue 26 Oct - 14:43

had my h/g done on the 2.3 by your guys and it was driven hard all the time i had it with no faults at all, got a weeping rocker cover and you sorted that v.quickly with no argument, a wud use u again anytime
Back to top Go down
chris@eclipse

chris@eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Eclipse Performance   Eclipse Performance EmptyFri 29 Oct - 14:43

Cheers Gav, Im pleased you were happy with our service.

Dave, Im sorry I hadnt had the chance to pass the message onto Jeff about you popping in so apologies if he was a bit confused at first. I hope your new converter lasts longer than the last one! Wink

Cheers,
Chris
Back to top Go down
D4VEW557

D4VEW557

PostSubject: Re: Eclipse Performance   Eclipse Performance EmptyFri 29 Oct - 19:23

No problem. It got sorted.

Worst bit was after i got the new converter i went outside to find a nice young girl waiting to tell me she had reversed in to my car. luckily i was in a works car so it wasn't to bad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eclipse Performance   Eclipse Performance Empty

Back to top Go down

Eclipse Performance
Page 1 of 1