North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed

Go down 
+12
Rooter
FINN
keffer
Jonny Gav
phils (Rip off) scooby
GIPA
iddysti
dazh
big deano
baldy
phil555
hardy172
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
hardy172

hardy172

got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed Empty
PostSubject: got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed   got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed EmptyFri 1 Apr - 20:37

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

this arrived today started to strip it down straight away. Doubt i'll be building it myself but will try to source all the parts myself and do as much as i can but the fact i know fook all means that wont be much lol!

not gonna be the fastest build in the world but hopefully a good one in the end. I would like to see a strong 450bhp'ish mark with the right turbo.
will be building a short block as want to use my heads inlet ecu, ect ect and my 20G initially

advice on
:- what parts i should get
:- what route i should take
:- what the fook i should do Laughing

i look forward to any input. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
phil555

phil555

PostSubject: Re: got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed   got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed EmptyFri 1 Apr - 20:41

Think you know the lads who'll give the best advice bud.
Back to top Go down
baldy

baldy

PostSubject: Re: got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed   got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed EmptyFri 1 Apr - 20:42

good luck m8 ....hope it goes well Very Happy

think uve opened the nxt can of worms . lol!
Back to top Go down
hardy172

hardy172

PostSubject: Re: got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed   got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed EmptyFri 1 Apr - 21:09

lol! i know.

i'm going to use a new 2.5 STI crank i know that much so far was thinking cosworth pistons and rods but heard wossner pistons are good so just not sure

want good quality low cost lol! if thats possible
would also like to kepp running top mount if possible but not sure if there is any that can take much over 400bhp?

Last edited by hard on 1.72" on Fri 1 Apr - 21:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
big deano

big deano

PostSubject: Re: got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed   got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed EmptyFri 1 Apr - 21:15

another 30 pager on the way here lol! lol! lol!

well good luck great start with the block anyway.. again you know the guys on here who know there shit study
Back to top Go down
dazh

dazh

PostSubject: Re: got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed   got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed EmptyFri 1 Apr - 21:53

Sure Duncan told me the STi top mount was good for the power you're looking for? Later cranks are nitrided but I believe there are still some big power cars running the earlier non nitrided cranks
Back to top Go down
hardy172

hardy172

PostSubject: Re: got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed   got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed EmptyFri 1 Apr - 21:55

going to use a nitrated one pal.
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

PostSubject: Re: got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed   got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed EmptyFri 1 Apr - 22:24

Andy Forrest was running a top mount at 480hp in his spec C.

Both mine and caryns RB5 are running wossner pistons. I would highly recommend them, I think Andy K would back me on that.

Good Luck mate, go for 500 and put a MD321v on. Wink Wink , its not going to cost much more.

What year car was the engine removed from??
Back to top Go down
hardy172

hardy172

PostSubject: Re: got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed   got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed EmptyFri 1 Apr - 22:37

i am looking to get an MD321v or something of that standard later on. have you always used the wossener pistons or ever had to change them on a rebuild.

i kinda want a strong daily driver i know yours is a daily but think you might have alot more money in yours than i wanna put in mine Wink lol! . is that just the difference between 500 and 600bhp?
Back to top Go down
GIPA

GIPA

PostSubject: Re: got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed   got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed EmptySat 2 Apr - 7:56

hard on 1.72" wrote:
going to use a nitrated one pal.

I'm sure iddys and caz's are running the standard crank , that's wot I'm using for my build aswell , wossner pistons , Manley rods, acl race bearings , pm Andy k for prices

Watch eBay there's lots of copy parts going about ;-)
Back to top Go down
hardy172

hardy172

PostSubject: Re: got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed   got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed EmptySat 2 Apr - 9:40

going to avoid fleabay like!! what are eagle h beam rods like?
Back to top Go down
phils (Rip off) scooby

phils (Rip off) scooby

PostSubject: Re: got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed   got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed EmptySat 2 Apr - 10:28

standard later rods are stronger then eagles, bt dnt take my word for it i know fuk all
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed   got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed EmptySat 2 Apr - 12:45

phils scooby wrote:
standard later rods are stronger then eagles, bt dnt take my word for it i know fuk all

So you are saying a standard I beam cast aluminium conrod is stronger than an H beam 4340 steel forged conrod, think I better go back to college and speak to my Mechanical engineering professor and tell him all the stuff he taught me on materials composition and beam loads was a load of shite then eh??? Wink
Back to top Go down
hardy172

hardy172

PostSubject: Re: got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed   got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed EmptySat 2 Apr - 13:04

lol! !!

Think im going to go manley ( nothing to do with my hair) rods. Seem to be reasonable price and decent performance.
Back to top Go down
keffer

keffer

PostSubject: Re: got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed   got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed EmptySat 2 Apr - 13:10

great project m8
i have some plans myself for the bugeye Smile
2.5 engine or 6speed gearbox Smile
maybe better brakes lol!
Back to top Go down
phils (Rip off) scooby

phils (Rip off) scooby

PostSubject: Re: got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed   got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed EmptySat 2 Apr - 13:39

Jonny Gav wrote:
phils scooby wrote:

So you are saying a standard I beam cast aluminium conrod is stronger than an H beam 4340 steel forged conrod, think I better go back to college and speak to my Mechanical engineering professor and tell him all the stuff he taught me on materials composition and beam loads was a load of shite then eh??? Wink

aye sure asp tested them
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed   got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed EmptySat 2 Apr - 19:12

phils scooby wrote:
Jonny Gav wrote:
phils scooby wrote:

aye sure asp tested them

Ahh, I see, it must be true then, How did they manage to bend the laws of physics to get those results then? Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed   got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed EmptySat 2 Apr - 19:36

Laughing

From Jonnys recommendation i got the 2.5 standard rods for when i eventually get my build underway but would cap them at being 450bhp capable to stay on the safe side. They are alot stronger than EJ20 rods from the design which was pointed out to me but certainly wouldnt have said better than any H-beam forged steel rods and deffo not for near the 2bar mark you'll be after no doubt with a 'V' lol.
Back to top Go down
FINN
Admin
FINN

PostSubject: Re: got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed   got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed EmptySat 2 Apr - 22:48

good luck with the build hardy Cool

will drop me engine stand off for you tomora Wink

and av spleenys tool set here if u want too borrow it Laughing
Back to top Go down
hardy172

hardy172

PostSubject: Re: got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed   got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed EmptySun 3 Apr - 0:04

no need to drop stand off mate just come help me lift it in the car then follow me back to yours and i'll use your tools lol!
Back to top Go down
FINN
Admin
FINN

PostSubject: Re: got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed   got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed EmptySun 3 Apr - 2:24

hard on 1.72" wrote:
no need to drop stand off mate just come help me lift it in the car then follow me back to yours and i'll use your tools lol!

no no no, this is your built not bought engine.

tell me what tools ya need and a will lend you them ne bother

REMEMBER ITS ONLY NUTS AND BOLTS

FPMSL

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
hardy172

hardy172

PostSubject: Re: got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed   got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed EmptySun 3 Apr - 12:08

I've got an adjustable spanner and a halfords socket set that's should do eh? lol!
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

PostSubject: Re: got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed   got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed EmptySun 3 Apr - 15:57

Ive allways had Wossner Pistons fitted to mine and Carrillo H-Beam Rods, I know Caryns engine now has the same.

I would also consider putting 14mm head studs in from the start and o ringing the heads. To get a super seal of the gasket when running 2bar of boost.
Smile Smile

My car is used as a daily driver and is currently doing a 1000 mile a month.

I think you should have no problem building an engine with an adjustable sapnner lol!
Back to top Go down
Rooter

Rooter

PostSubject: Re: got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed   got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed EmptySun 3 Apr - 16:16

hard on 1.72" wrote:
I've got an adjustable spanner and a halfords socket set that's should do eh? lol!

haha thats the same as my tool kit

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Andy Kindon

PostSubject: Re: got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed   got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed EmptySun 17 Apr - 22:25

phils scooby wrote:

ROFL u been sniffin ya socks again fella lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed   got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed Empty

Back to top Go down

got this to start a project with....shopping list and advice needed
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next