North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
For the boffins ; replacement clutch advice needed EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
For the boffins ; replacement clutch advice needed EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
For the boffins ; replacement clutch advice needed EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
For the boffins ; replacement clutch advice needed EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
For the boffins ; replacement clutch advice needed EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
For the boffins ; replacement clutch advice needed EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
For the boffins ; replacement clutch advice needed EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
For the boffins ; replacement clutch advice needed EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
For the boffins ; replacement clutch advice needed EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

For the boffins ; replacement clutch advice needed

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
John h

For the boffins ; replacement clutch advice needed Empty
PostSubject: For the boffins ; replacement clutch advice needed   For the boffins ; replacement clutch advice needed EmptySun 30 Oct - 20:04

Hi ,
appreciate some advice on what clutch you would recommend for my 93 WRX .
The cars fitted with a six speed close ratio JDM gearbox and has ,I believe , the six speed flywheel fitted to my engine .
Torque output on the very young 2.5 built engine at the time was measured at Motoscope at 400 lbft /385 bhp a couple of years ago. Might be slightly less now unless I've just got used to it .

Bearing in mind possible future turbo upgrades what clutch is good for 450/450 and what would this cost ? Generally I'm fairly mechanically sympathetic .

I have been told that a standard six speed clutch is good for 400/400 and is very durable.

Could I machine the flywheel to increase the clamping loads from the clutch plate and increase the torque rating ?

Paddle clutches are not an option as it needs to be kind to my driving skills.

Cheers,
John
Back to top Go down
KushBex

KushBex

PostSubject: Re: For the boffins ; replacement clutch advice needed   For the boffins ; replacement clutch advice needed EmptySun 30 Oct - 20:13

Stick with the standard Exedy clutch.
Back to top Go down
Andy Kindon

PostSubject: Re: For the boffins ; replacement clutch advice needed   For the boffins ; replacement clutch advice needed EmptySun 30 Oct - 21:01

machining the flywheel does not increase the clamping force it only alters the angle, the pressure is dtermined by the sprung plate, a standard 6 speed clutch (genuine exedy) will take 400lbft, an ap racing 6 speed clutch will take 500lbft and feel n drive like a standard clutch, exedy pink box will handle similar but sometimes clutch judder is noticable

Andy
Back to top Go down
John h

PostSubject: Re: For the boffins ; replacement clutch advice needed   For the boffins ; replacement clutch advice needed EmptyMon 31 Oct - 12:53

Thanks Andy and Kushbex,

just the information I need .

Best regards

John
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

PostSubject: Re: For the boffins ; replacement clutch advice needed   For the boffins ; replacement clutch advice needed EmptyTue 1 Nov - 16:26

I ran a standard clutch with 500lb/ft for 9 months before it went bang on the rollers, I have a sachs clutch fitted now and it feels no different than a standard clutch. Excellent clutch and good choice by Mr Kindon who fitted it Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
John h

PostSubject: Re: For the boffins ; replacement clutch advice needed   For the boffins ; replacement clutch advice needed EmptyTue 1 Nov - 18:40

Thanks for the reply Iddy,

Some motor you've got there . Very nice .

Do you remember where you bought the clutch from or did Andy both supply and fit ?

Regards,

John
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

PostSubject: Re: For the boffins ; replacement clutch advice needed   For the boffins ; replacement clutch advice needed EmptyTue 1 Nov - 20:28

John h wrote:
Thanks for the reply Iddy,

Some motor you've got there . Very nice .

Do you remember where you bought the clutch from or did Andy both supply and fit ?

Regards,

John

Thanks about the car.

Andy, supplied and fitted it.
Back to top Go down
Andy Kindon

PostSubject: Re: For the boffins ; replacement clutch advice needed   For the boffins ; replacement clutch advice needed EmptyTue 1 Nov - 21:02

sachs racing clutch is identical to ap racing clutch just in a different box Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For the boffins ; replacement clutch advice needed   For the boffins ; replacement clutch advice needed Empty

Back to top Go down

For the boffins ; replacement clutch advice needed
Page 1 of 1