North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Sport to Turbo Conversion EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Sport to Turbo Conversion EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Sport to Turbo Conversion EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Sport to Turbo Conversion EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Sport to Turbo Conversion EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Sport to Turbo Conversion EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Sport to Turbo Conversion EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Sport to Turbo Conversion EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Sport to Turbo Conversion EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Sport to Turbo Conversion

Go down 
+5
EJ22 GAV
bonski
Jonny Gav
drew160387
shotgun_vinny
9 posters
AuthorMessage
shotgun_vinny

shotgun_vinny

Sport to Turbo Conversion Empty
PostSubject: Sport to Turbo Conversion   Sport to Turbo Conversion EmptyWed 28 Dec - 13:34

Anyone in the north east area that does a sport to turbo conversion? Considering getting my bugeye estate converted to a turbo, seen someone there you just swap the sumframes around, they basically bolt straight in and a bit of wiring.....i'd do it myself but haven't got the time or the place and i've got a capri to sort out lol.
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: Sport to Turbo Conversion   Sport to Turbo Conversion EmptyWed 28 Dec - 15:11

ide imagine youd need to change the full loom mate for a turbo loom and the engine im sure youl need to buy a full turbo engine as internals would be different to cope with the pressure?
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Sport to Turbo Conversion   Sport to Turbo Conversion EmptyWed 28 Dec - 15:23

You would have to buy a rear end smash bugeye turbo, then use all the parts to do the conversion, there would be a lot of work involved.

It would be a lot cheaper to sell the sport wagon and buy a WRX wagon.
Back to top Go down
bonski

bonski

PostSubject: Re: Sport to Turbo Conversion   Sport to Turbo Conversion EmptyWed 28 Dec - 15:33

wouldnt the exhaust be different also
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Sport to Turbo Conversion   Sport to Turbo Conversion EmptyWed 28 Dec - 15:40

Yep.
Back to top Go down
EJ22 GAV

EJ22 GAV

PostSubject: Re: Sport to Turbo Conversion   Sport to Turbo Conversion EmptyWed 28 Dec - 16:02

not worth the hassle m8. end of
Back to top Go down
shotgun_vinny

shotgun_vinny

PostSubject: Re: Sport to Turbo Conversion   Sport to Turbo Conversion EmptyWed 28 Dec - 16:40

Was wanting to keep it down as 1.6 for the sake of insurance as im only 19, but wanted the turbo lump in it, looks like i might just sell it tbh, would be willing to buy a crashed one but need someone brave enough to do the swap for me, as i'm always busy.

Was just wondering thanks for the help!
Back to top Go down
EJ22 GAV

EJ22 GAV

PostSubject: Re: Sport to Turbo Conversion   Sport to Turbo Conversion EmptyWed 28 Dec - 16:46

would still not do it, invalid insurance for a start.
Back to top Go down
shotgun_vinny

shotgun_vinny

PostSubject: Re: Sport to Turbo Conversion   Sport to Turbo Conversion EmptyWed 28 Dec - 17:00

Wasn't planning on crashing it lol, was a chance i'd take. The police aren't the smartest round here, they cant tell when a corsa 1.0 has a redtop in after they seen it doing about a 0-60 in a few seconds.
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Sport to Turbo Conversion   Sport to Turbo Conversion EmptyWed 28 Dec - 17:01

Have a word with Finn if you are seriously considering it, he will be able to carry out the conversion for you if you supply the doner car.

As Gav says if you don't declare it it's classed as fraud.
Back to top Go down
shotgun_vinny

shotgun_vinny

PostSubject: Re: Sport to Turbo Conversion   Sport to Turbo Conversion EmptyWed 28 Dec - 17:06

Thats good news, i'll get in contact with him, thanks mate.
Back to top Go down
drew@drewsautos

drew@drewsautos

PostSubject: Re: Sport to Turbo Conversion   Sport to Turbo Conversion EmptyWed 28 Dec - 19:14

I think i might know wot he'll say aswell lol
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: Sport to Turbo Conversion   Sport to Turbo Conversion EmptyWed 28 Dec - 19:16

i know your plan but whos to say you dont get ran into the back of mate if its stolen burnt out then found there goes your car with no money back. yeah thats abit drastic situation but ide hate to see you fork the funds out and then loose it all. undelcaring odd bits n bobs yeah but a full on turbo conversion.
good plan but you need to be prepared to take the 6 points plus fraud charge and possibly loosing everything mate worth a good think. y not buy a uk turbo wagon arnt they the cheapest insurance group of the turbos
Back to top Go down
hardy172

hardy172

PostSubject: Re: Sport to Turbo Conversion   Sport to Turbo Conversion EmptyWed 28 Dec - 19:41

no one plans to have an accident and if someone was hurt and it then became a police investigstion they would insit on knowing who carried out the conversion! not worth it on all parts IMO

Last edited by hardy 172 on Wed 28 Dec - 20:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EJ22 GAV

EJ22 GAV

PostSubject: Re: Sport to Turbo Conversion   Sport to Turbo Conversion EmptyWed 28 Dec - 20:04

the cops arent arsed who did it hardy, its the drivers responsibility full stop
Back to top Go down
mac82

mac82

PostSubject: Re: Sport to Turbo Conversion   Sport to Turbo Conversion EmptyWed 28 Dec - 20:25

tbh mate i wouldn't bother, how long have you had your licence for? just if you have had it less than 2 years and you get caught thats 6 points and you will have your licence revoked. not worth the hassle mate. just by a turbo mate Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sport to Turbo Conversion   Sport to Turbo Conversion EmptyThu 29 Dec - 2:00

full loom with ecu & all the extra random sensors etc
subframes
manifold & exhaust
full coolant system
full oil system
bonnet unless fmic
sport gearbox probs wouldnt take the power hike so box with matching diff and clutch & turbo flywheel
'should' upgrade the brakes

seriously not worth it. risky with insurance and deffo not financially worth it. as jonny says, you'd be better off just buying a turbo instead of trying to convert it.
Back to top Go down
Scooberuni

Scooberuni

PostSubject: Re: Sport to Turbo Conversion   Sport to Turbo Conversion EmptyThu 29 Dec - 9:02

Got this from Banzai magazine,
might be worth a read:-

Sport to Turbo Conversion Conversion
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: Sport to Turbo Conversion   Sport to Turbo Conversion EmptyThu 29 Dec - 14:43

agree with the article im currently in the process of reshelling my uk tubro and i spent an hour alone fitting the loom and another hour fitting doors and lining them up. still not near ready for the running gear i recon the dash and all heating controls ect ect ect will take a few hours lol .
Back to top Go down
shotgun_vinny

shotgun_vinny

PostSubject: Re: Sport to Turbo Conversion   Sport to Turbo Conversion EmptyThu 29 Dec - 15:48

Think i'll keep an eye out for a bugeye estate wrx one in my travels, going to sell this one i have now anyway. Thanks a lot for the input.
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: Sport to Turbo Conversion   Sport to Turbo Conversion EmptyFri 30 Dec - 9:26

Pleased to see takin the more economical route mate try a uk yurbo wagon then tinker with the engine to bring its power up thats what i did with my first turbo scoob
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sport to Turbo Conversion   Sport to Turbo Conversion Empty

Back to top Go down

Sport to Turbo Conversion
Page 1 of 1