North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True  EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True  EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True  EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True  EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True  EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True  EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True  EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True  EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True  EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True

Go down 
+20
lian&johnsti
baldy
phil555
Caryn190
garyblake
scoobaru
martyp1970
CARLOS
Andyg
devildame666
Robbo_22
mickymarwood
byers
discodaz
Apisto
Steviedoo
Rooter
james
Jonny Gav
keffer
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True  Empty
PostSubject: The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True    The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True  EmptySat 4 Feb - 14:54

Those immortal words ........

mickymarwood wrote-

It's a steal I would have bought it if I had the funds it's a cracking motor.

you wouldn't if you had known the truth about it - which we know you didn't and have nothing to do with the car other than trying to do a favour for a mate of a mate and us.

Last edited by Mrs_Mid_Life_Crisis on Sat 4 Feb - 21:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
keffer

keffer

PostSubject: Re: The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True    The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True  EmptySat 4 Feb - 15:43

what i hope the car isn't stolen Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True    The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True  EmptySat 4 Feb - 15:44

??????????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True    The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True  EmptySat 4 Feb - 15:59

Technically it is stolen .. He sold it when it didn't belong to him .. it belongs to the FINANCE COMPANY !!

We specifically asked about accidents and finance and his answer was NO to all and we got a letter yesterday stating that the car belongs to Black Horse and not us .. pale

Now we have to prove how we bought it etc and what we did to check the car out - we did a My Text Check on the car via our mobile but that unfortunately didn't cover the finance side of things - so a word of warning if you are buying a car .. make sure you pay for the full HPI check and check out the finance side of things too - we took his word for it.

As it stands they need a court order to come and take the car from us ..

but if we don't prove to their satisfaction that we didn't know or didn't try and check it out then they will probably come for the car affraid .. if they accept our proof then the interest in the car will be transferred off the car and onto him ..

So I've been gathering all our evidence etc and will get it sent off on Monday and keep our fingers crossed they accept it - needless to say we aren't happy bunnies at the moment Sad
Back to top Go down
keffer

keffer

PostSubject: Re: The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True    The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True  EmptySat 4 Feb - 16:03

oh no that's not good i hope you can solve this Shocked Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
james

james

PostSubject: Re: The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True    The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True  EmptySat 4 Feb - 18:50

paul nic hope you get it all sorted good luck
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True    The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True  EmptySat 4 Feb - 18:52

Shocked Shocked Shocked The bastard!
Back to top Go down
Rooter

Rooter

PostSubject: Re: The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True    The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True  EmptySat 4 Feb - 18:57

thats a cnuts trick, tosser Mad

hope you get it sorted paul and nic
Back to top Go down
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

PostSubject: Re: The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True    The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True  EmptySat 4 Feb - 19:02

Can't believe someone would do that knowing that you would probably find out and still be on the forum to slate them to everyone, have you tried contacting him to see what he says Shocked
Back to top Go down
Apisto

Apisto

PostSubject: Re: The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True    The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True  EmptySat 4 Feb - 19:18

His address on is on the V5 nuff said
Back to top Go down
discodaz

discodaz

PostSubject: Re: The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True    The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True  EmptySat 4 Feb - 19:25

Private sales
There are some situations where your legal rights will be reduced.
The general rule is ‘let the buyer beware’ when you buy from a private individual. It is up to you to find out whether the car is of satisfactory quality, to make your own checks on what you are told and to take responsibility for your choice, as the seller is not liable for the satisfactory quality of the vehicle. You are still entitled, however, to expect the car to be ‘as described’. If the advertisement says ‘2000 Ford Focus’ or ‘excellent condition’ then it should be exactly that. It is important to remember that it may be much more difficult for you to enforce your rights against a private individual.
Whether you buy privately or from a motor trader, you are entitled to expect that the car is roadworthy when you buy it, unless you and the seller clearly agree it is to be sold as scrap. You should take note that a car sold with an MOT Certificate does not necessarily mean that it is roadworthy.
You are also entitled to expect the seller to have ‘good title’ to the car. In other words, to be the owner or authorised by the owner to sell it. If you buy a car later found to be stolen, you have no legal right to keep it. You will have to try and get your money back from the seller.
The Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives ‘good title’ to the innocent private purchaser of a car which later turns out to be subject to a claim by a finance company because of a previous, unpaid hire-purchase agreement. This means that the finance company is not entitled to repossess the car from you. Remember, this does not apply to cars which have been stolen, or cars that were subject to a lease or hire agreement.
It is worth noting that some motor traders pretend to be private sellers to avoid their legal obligations to consumers. If you come across a situation like this, contact Consumer Direct on 08454 040506.Private sales
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/darrenjayphotography
byers

byers

PostSubject: Re: The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True    The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True  EmptySat 4 Feb - 19:32

I got 3 lines down and that was me daz
Back to top Go down
mickymarwood

mickymarwood

PostSubject: Re: The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True    The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True  EmptySat 4 Feb - 19:34

i aint heard nowt yet nic. still waiting on marc letting me know what his crack with ringing them was.
Apisto we know where he lives he is my mates mate.

Just to clarify I did NOT know about this or i would never had put it on here i would have told him to fook off.

Back to top Go down
Apisto

Apisto

PostSubject: Re: The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True    The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True  EmptySat 4 Feb - 19:37

Apolgies thought it was a scam thing mate. hope every one gets is sorted with minimum stress Smile
Back to top Go down
mickymarwood

mickymarwood

PostSubject: Re: The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True    The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True  EmptySat 4 Feb - 19:37

Steviedoo wrote:
Can't believe someone would do that knowing that you would probably find out and still be on the forum to slate them to everyone, have you tried contacting him to see what he says Shocked

This has nowt to do with me mate!!! I just put it up here as he is my mates mate i knew nothing about it i had seen the car and it was clean ect thought it would be a good buy. Turns out not to be so good
Back to top Go down
discodaz

discodaz

PostSubject: Re: The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True    The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True  EmptySat 4 Feb - 19:41

Just something I found online,basically you did not know so they are not entitled to reposess the car,really they need to prove you did know about it!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/darrenjayphotography
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

PostSubject: Re: The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True    The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True  EmptySat 4 Feb - 19:43

[quote="mickymarwood"]
Steviedoo wrote:
Can't believe someone would do that knowing that you would probably find out and still be on the forum to slate them to everyone, have you tried contacting him to see what he says Shocked [/quote

This has nowt to do with me mate!!! I just put it up here as he is my mates mate i knew nothing about it i had seen the car and it was clean ect thought it would be a good buy. Turns out not to be so good

Ok sorry mate just the start of this post was about you so thought it was you that sold it, that's the impression I got Embarassed
Back to top Go down
mickymarwood

mickymarwood

PostSubject: Re: The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True    The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True  EmptySat 4 Feb - 19:45

yeah i dont know if its ment to point in that direction I wound never do this to anyone i think you need to rephrase the title or delete the post as its making me look like a scum bag ????
Back to top Go down
Robbo_22

PostSubject: Re: The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True    The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True  EmptySat 4 Feb - 19:52

Fook all to do with me but I've got to agree with Micky. Link to origional advert (states that it's a mate car) -

https://nesf.forumotion.co.uk/t4536-bug-sti-prodrive-46k-miles-wr-blue-sold

It's a shit situation and I hope it works out well for the Mid Life's and the lad gets a kicking, but it's a bit harsh slating Micky for something it's fair to assume he would have had no knowledge about.

Robbo

Back to top Go down
byers

byers

PostSubject: Re: The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True    The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True  EmptySat 4 Feb - 19:54

Robbo_22 wrote:
Fook all to do with me but I've got to agree with Micky. Link to origional advert (states that it's a mate car) -

It's a shit situation and I hope it works out well for the Mid Life's and the lad gets a kicking, but it's a bit harsh slating Micky for something it's fair to assume he would have had no knowledge about.

Robbo

+1
Back to top Go down
mickymarwood

mickymarwood

PostSubject: Re: The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True    The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True  EmptySat 4 Feb - 19:54

cheers robbo i genuinely didnt know nowt about the finance till nic rang me
Back to top Go down
Rooter

Rooter

PostSubject: Re: The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True    The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True  EmptySat 4 Feb - 20:02

shows the problems that can arise from 'selling/advertised on behalf of a friend' situations

its the member on here, innocent or not that gets the shite flung at them Mad

its not your fault micky that your 'mate' has shit on genuine people

just hope it gets sorted for paul and nic, and QUICKLY
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True    The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True  EmptySat 4 Feb - 20:04

byers wrote:
Robbo_22 wrote:

Robbo

+1

+2
Back to top Go down
mickymarwood

mickymarwood

PostSubject: Re: The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True    The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True  EmptySat 4 Feb - 20:23

cheers lads im not happy about it i feel crap coz i put it up but i knew nowt about it. im trying to get answers for nic and then this ?
Back to top Go down
byers

byers

PostSubject: Re: The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True    The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True  EmptySat 4 Feb - 20:30

I had same with motor bike I got a letter as the dvla past my info on to finance company a wrote a letter to explain I had bought it in good faith and I new nothing about finance and I ended up keeping the bike, I think they chased the previous owner
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True    The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True  Empty

Back to top Go down

The Ironic Words That Have Turned Out True
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next