North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Running 2.5 bar EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Running 2.5 bar EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Running 2.5 bar EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Running 2.5 bar EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Running 2.5 bar EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Running 2.5 bar EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Running 2.5 bar EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Running 2.5 bar EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Running 2.5 bar EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Running 2.5 bar

Go down 
+6
Andy Kindon
Caryn190
rob17c
dynamix
stevebt
iddysti
10 posters
AuthorMessage
iddysti

iddysti

Running 2.5 bar Empty
PostSubject: Running 2.5 bar   Running 2.5 bar EmptyThu 20 May - 23:02

My car had a problem with its AVCR and was running 2.5bar when Bob Rawle checked it at the weekend. It did feel bloody quick before hand.

But I my have popped the head gaskets Sad Sad time will tell still checking the water levels. 3 days of driving and no water useage so thats good and Ive been giving it some.

This has now got me thinking, if the turbo can run 2.5 bar, why not run 2.2 or 2.3bar that will definately get me my 600hp.

Its going to cost a bit of money with head studs and gaskets but I am thinking you only live once. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stevebt

stevebt

Running 2.5 bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running 2.5 bar   Running 2.5 bar EmptyFri 21 May - 0:29

Why have you got Bob doing your car when Andy was doing it before??? 2.5bar on a car you can't alter the maps is a stupid setting to run as its never gonna last long, You don't run a big turbo and running high boost is gonna feck your gaskets everytime. If I was you I would run under 2bar until you sort out a descent rotated setup/ bigger exhaust housing turbo.
Back to top Go down
dynamix

dynamix

Running 2.5 bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running 2.5 bar   Running 2.5 bar EmptyFri 21 May - 6:41

more boost doesnt always mean more power iddy - depends on the turbo and I doubnt whether it was holding that to the top end anyway
Back to top Go down
http://www.racedynamix.com
iddysti

iddysti

Running 2.5 bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running 2.5 bar   Running 2.5 bar EmptyFri 21 May - 8:23

stevebt wrote:
Why have you got Bob doing your car when Andy was doing it before??? 2.5bar on a car you can't alter the maps is a stupid setting to run as its never gonna last long, You don't run a big turbo and running high boost is gonna feck your gaskets everytime. If I was you I would run under 2bar until you sort out a descent rotated setup/ bigger exhaust housing turbo.

Steve - Bob was in the area and it worked out way cheaper than travelling upto scotland for Andy to do it. Thats the only reason why Bob did it. I dont think you understand the 2.5bar was a mistake as a setting had changed on the AVCR as it had a bad earth which is now sorted. The car is back running at 1.9-2.0bar as it has for the last 2 years.

You say go rotated, I dont think you know what turbo I am running now, its not just an FP Red anymore Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

Running 2.5 bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running 2.5 bar   Running 2.5 bar EmptyFri 21 May - 8:26

dynamix wrote:
more boost doesnt always mean more power iddy - depends on the turbo and I doubnt whether it was holding that to the top end anyway

Duncan, I dont think it was holding it right to the top end, but the turbo is capable of running 2.2-2.3bar, which is what I am looking into if the head gaskets have gone and the engine has to come out the heads will be getting O ringed and bigger studs put in to suit the extra boost. Looks like this is this years project.
Back to top Go down
rob17c

rob17c

Running 2.5 bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running 2.5 bar   Running 2.5 bar EmptyFri 21 May - 10:45

iddysti wrote:
dynamix wrote:

Duncan, I dont think it was holding it right to the top end, but the turbo is capable of running 2.2-2.3bar, which is what I am looking into if the head gaskets have gone and the engine has to come out the heads will be getting O ringed and bigger studs put in to suit the extra boost. Looks like this is this years project.

Roughly how much have you spent getting to where you are now?
Back to top Go down
Caryn190

Caryn190

Running 2.5 bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running 2.5 bar   Running 2.5 bar EmptyFri 21 May - 13:12

if its going to area 52 make sure youre booked in first and its not an emergency fix like mine as it took bloody ages

mines back together now and he went for his first test flight with Andy last night Very Happy
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

Running 2.5 bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running 2.5 bar   Running 2.5 bar EmptyFri 21 May - 20:42

mrsdrumsterphil wrote:
if its going to area 52 make sure youre booked in first and its not an emergency fix like mine as it took bloody ages

mines back together now and he went for his first test flight with Andy last night Very Happy

I was saying to phil if I book it in now for September when i am away for three weeks it might be ready in time for me coming back
Back to top Go down
Andy Kindon

Running 2.5 bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running 2.5 bar   Running 2.5 bar EmptyFri 21 May - 22:45

iddysti wrote:
stevebt wrote:

Steve - Bob was in the area and it worked out way cheaper than travelling upto scotland for Andy to do it. Thats the only reason why Bob did it. I dont think you understand the 2.5bar was a mistake as a setting had changed on the AVCR as it had a bad earth which is now sorted. The car is back running at 1.9-2.0bar as it has for the last 2 years.

You say go rotated, I dont think you know what turbo I am running now, its not just an FP Red anymore Very Happy Very Happy

its an fp red in diguise with now massive compressor and exhust wheels, turbo dynamics have done a brilliant job Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Running 2.5 bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running 2.5 bar   Running 2.5 bar EmptySat 22 May - 12:47

someone went idea crazy when they saw caryns car at kindons didnt they? Laughing

seriously tho mate why do it? youve just got the car running sweet. no need to go further with it.
Back to top Go down
Andy Kindon

Running 2.5 bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running 2.5 bar   Running 2.5 bar EmptySun 23 May - 20:17

yellowperil wrote:
someone went idea crazy when they saw caryns car at kindons didnt they? Laughing

seriously tho mate why do it? youve just got the car running sweet. no need to go further with it.

cars been running sweet for years, iddy just wants more horse as usual lol , couple years from now no doubt it will reaching 700 and he will still want more lol!
Back to top Go down
CARLOS

CARLOS

Running 2.5 bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running 2.5 bar   Running 2.5 bar EmptySun 23 May - 20:22

i feel a stroker kit coming on Cool
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

Running 2.5 bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running 2.5 bar   Running 2.5 bar EmptySun 23 May - 21:20

yellowperil wrote:

Peril, I am only going to the expense if, the head gaskets have gone and engine needs to come out again, but up to now even with this heat everthing seems to be OK. I have wanted to try and get 600hp for a while now and now I know the turbo will make that, it could be closer than I thought.

Carlos Ive been looking at the cosworth stroker kit have you seen how much they are Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Andy you know me to well Very Happy Very Happy that could be next years project.
Back to top Go down
pitchblack

pitchblack

Running 2.5 bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running 2.5 bar   Running 2.5 bar EmptySun 23 May - 22:30

I still need a ride out in this monster Cool Wink
Back to top Go down
stevebt

stevebt

Running 2.5 bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running 2.5 bar   Running 2.5 bar EmptySun 23 May - 23:11

A true 600bhp is a very hard firgure to achieve without additives, on standard fit I would say its virtually impossible without massive additives or race fuel!
Back to top Go down
scoobie-wrx-10

scoobie-wrx-10

Running 2.5 bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running 2.5 bar   Running 2.5 bar EmptySun 30 May - 22:05

how come some evo's can run 800bhp without race fuel. sure a scoobie can
iddysti : it seems wel on its way too 600bhp.
Back to top Go down
http://www.teessidesounds.moonfruit.com
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

Running 2.5 bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running 2.5 bar   Running 2.5 bar EmptyMon 31 May - 10:43

the evo has more room as standard to fit a bigger turbo in, no other reason than that.

change the turbo location and the scoob can go over 1000hp with the right mods.

not that a evo or scoob will last long at that sort of power Laughing
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

Running 2.5 bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running 2.5 bar   Running 2.5 bar EmptyMon 31 May - 10:49

scoobie-wrx-10 wrote:
iddysti : it seems wel on its way too 600bhp.

it's not far away, on the old turbo it made 562hp, but it's much quicker now with the new turbo. Need to get it on the rollers, when iam sure this problem is sorted.
Back to top Go down
scoobie-wrx-10

scoobie-wrx-10

Running 2.5 bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running 2.5 bar   Running 2.5 bar EmptyMon 31 May - 21:21

Jonny Gav wrote:
the evo has more room as standard to fit a bigger turbo in, no other reason than that.

change the turbo location and the scoob can go over 1000hp with the right mods.

not that a evo or scoob will last long at that sort of power Laughing
ok. i no that. and i no people how have ran that power for years and beain ok. even as a every day car
. as long as the engine has the right mods!! and you dont thrash it every day you should be all right at eany power.
Back to top Go down
http://www.teessidesounds.moonfruit.com
Sponsored content

Running 2.5 bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running 2.5 bar   Running 2.5 bar Empty

Back to top Go down

Running 2.5 bar
Page 1 of 1