North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Scooby seems to be running hot  EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Scooby seems to be running hot  EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Scooby seems to be running hot  EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Scooby seems to be running hot  EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Scooby seems to be running hot  EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Scooby seems to be running hot  EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Scooby seems to be running hot  EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Scooby seems to be running hot  EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Scooby seems to be running hot  EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Scooby seems to be running hot

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
garyblake

garyblake

Scooby seems to be running hot  Empty
PostSubject: Scooby seems to be running hot    Scooby seems to be running hot  EmptyFri 9 Mar - 12:57

When I drive my Scooby seem to run hot on normal temperature gauge just above half way but on after market gauge says 91 and fans kicking got after market alloy radiater on Scooby is there any thing I can check to.make sure it's running right.
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Scooby seems to be running hot    Scooby seems to be running hot  EmptyFri 9 Mar - 13:47

Refitting the standard radiator will solve the problem.
Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: Scooby seems to be running hot    Scooby seems to be running hot  EmptyFri 9 Mar - 13:52

Mate did the same on stand radiator that why I changed is there anythink else it could be
Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: Scooby seems to be running hot    Scooby seems to be running hot  EmptyFri 9 Mar - 14:08

Would it run less hot if I heat wrap my headers and sort turbo heat shield out ?
And is it worth buying updated thermostat to open early and we're would I get one
Back to top Go down
Andyg

Andyg

PostSubject: Re: Scooby seems to be running hot    Scooby seems to be running hot  EmptyFri 9 Mar - 16:39

get andrew to monitor from his software when u come friday mate Smile he tell you if you have a issue, if you have the air con on it will kick the fans in.
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Scooby seems to be running hot    Scooby seems to be running hot  EmptyFri 9 Mar - 17:38

What type of water temp gauge you got in?
Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: Scooby seems to be running hot    Scooby seems to be running hot  EmptyFri 9 Mar - 17:40

Cheers Andy will do digital gauge
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Scooby seems to be running hot    Scooby seems to be running hot  EmptyFri 9 Mar - 17:56

What make?
Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: Scooby seems to be running hot    Scooby seems to be running hot  EmptyFri 9 Mar - 18:07

Pass all I know came from street glow no marking on gauges. How do you take air locks out of system I know you take header tank cap of wile running engine and put heaters on low but is there any thing else thinking could be air lock ?
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Scooby seems to be running hot    Scooby seems to be running hot  EmptyFri 9 Mar - 18:16

If you had an air lock the temps would be up and down, not a steady 91 degs, sounds like you have an inaccurate gauge to me.
Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: Scooby seems to be running hot    Scooby seems to be running hot  EmptyFri 9 Mar - 18:31

Mate is up down soz jonny
Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: Scooby seems to be running hot    Scooby seems to be running hot  EmptyFri 9 Mar - 21:48

How do I take air lock out of radiator so I can make sure there none
Back to top Go down
Andy Kindon

PostSubject: Re: Scooby seems to be running hot    Scooby seems to be running hot  EmptySat 10 Mar - 0:37

91 degrees isnt hot, the temp goes up and down as the thermostat opens and closes, if youve fitted one of them cheap ally radiators imo remove it and fit the standard one before it starts causing you problems, the standard rad is very good and can easily cope with power that you are running
Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: Scooby seems to be running hot    Scooby seems to be running hot  EmptySat 10 Mar - 0:40

Mate radiator was £250 was doing the same on standard radiator when antifreeze got change I'm thinking there a air lock could you tell me how to take air locks out please
Back to top Go down
Andy Kindon

PostSubject: Re: Scooby seems to be running hot    Scooby seems to be running hot  EmptySat 10 Mar - 0:45

what makes you think you have an air lock?
Back to top Go down
Andy Kindon

PostSubject: Re: Scooby seems to be running hot    Scooby seems to be running hot  EmptySat 10 Mar - 0:51

if you measuring your water temperature via one of the radiator hoses ie, a t-piece slpliced in, you might aswell disregard the readings as they are inaccurate

Last edited by Andy Kindon on Sat 10 Mar - 0:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: Scooby seems to be running hot    Scooby seems to be running hot  EmptySat 10 Mar - 0:52

As sits a 85 then jumps to 95 then 100 then fan kick in then jumps to 91 and then 87. Yet on normal gauge site above half way and may be move couple mm had problem for wile after antifreeze got changed in standard radiator so I changed to alloy one and still the same but few people say there a pain to bleed but I don't now how look up on net and say lad had same problem end up been air lock thinking worth a try
Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: Scooby seems to be running hot    Scooby seems to be running hot  EmptySat 10 Mar - 0:54

Yer mate t piece on top radiator hose oh ok thanks mate
Back to top Go down
Andyg

Andyg

PostSubject: Re: Scooby seems to be running hot    Scooby seems to be running hot  EmptySat 10 Mar - 0:56

Gary.

I would really listen to them two lads above both have years of experience with the Subaru Imprezas, and performance side of things.

The Alloy Rads are crap at getting rid of heat!

Id keep your old one and fit it back on the car, just becasue it was £250 doesnt mean its good Smile
Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: Scooby seems to be running hot    Scooby seems to be running hot  EmptySat 10 Mar - 1:01

No probs I now what there saying mate stand radiator better I agree but did the same on standard and alloy. One So wondering if something else is wrong
Back to top Go down
Andy Kindon

PostSubject: Re: Scooby seems to be running hot    Scooby seems to be running hot  EmptySat 10 Mar - 1:07

what temp does your gauge read when fans kick in?

Last edited by Andy Kindon on Sat 10 Mar - 1:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: Scooby seems to be running hot    Scooby seems to be running hot  EmptySat 10 Mar - 1:08

Will bring my car down to one of you to have look if you don't mind and yous could have look
Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: Scooby seems to be running hot    Scooby seems to be running hot  EmptySat 10 Mar - 1:09

90 I would say mate
Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: Scooby seems to be running hot    Scooby seems to be running hot  EmptySat 10 Mar - 1:11

Will double check tomaz what should it be ? Any you fancy have a luck at it for me
Back to top Go down
Andy Kindon

PostSubject: Re: Scooby seems to be running hot    Scooby seems to be running hot  EmptySat 10 Mar - 1:16

the fans come on at 94 degrees, a decent diagnostic reader will read the water temp from ecu which is accurate, 91 degrees is normal if driving round town, temp will drop if on a motorway at a steady spead but if yor seeing 100 degrees that is cause for concern providing gauge is accurate, is it using any water?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scooby seems to be running hot    Scooby seems to be running hot  Empty

Back to top Go down

Scooby seems to be running hot
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next