North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
ECU TEK License whats the crack ??  EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
ECU TEK License whats the crack ??  EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
ECU TEK License whats the crack ??  EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
ECU TEK License whats the crack ??  EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
ECU TEK License whats the crack ??  EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
ECU TEK License whats the crack ??  EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
ECU TEK License whats the crack ??  EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
ECU TEK License whats the crack ??  EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
ECU TEK License whats the crack ??  EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

ECU TEK License whats the crack ??

Go down 
+2
locky@HYDROtek
natski
6 posters
AuthorMessage
natski

natski

ECU TEK License whats the crack ??  Empty
PostSubject: ECU TEK License whats the crack ??    ECU TEK License whats the crack ??  EmptySun 8 Apr - 6:43

Just want to know what's the deal with the Ecutek tek licence...
My car has had the following mods done
Powerflow exhaust with jap cannon back box
High flow K&N panel filter
Walbro 255 high flow fuel pump
De-cat down pipe
ECU TEK 3 Remap
All above mods mapped for by Scooby clinic to produce 314 BHP.....

I want to change the panel filter to a short ram induction kit and maybe push the bhp up to 350ish. Will I be able to get this mapped for by the likes Andy forest or someone else who isn't scooby clinic without paying for the remap license ?
Is the license only valid to the pearson who originally paid for the first remap ?
I have no certificate for an Ecutek map only a receipt from scooby clinic along with the other mods that were done at the time..
Back to top Go down
locky@HYDROtek

locky@HYDROtek

PostSubject: Re: ECU TEK License whats the crack ??    ECU TEK License whats the crack ??  EmptySun 8 Apr - 7:41

Your ecu is now payed for it to be mapped by any 1 now fella.......so your looking around £300 for a full map or a tweak maybe cheaper :0)
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: ECU TEK License whats the crack ??    ECU TEK License whats the crack ??  EmptySun 8 Apr - 8:10

locky wrote:
Your ecu is now payed for it to be mapped by any 1 now fella.......so your looking around £300 for a full map or a tweak maybe cheaper :0)
Cool thanks Wink
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: ECU TEK License whats the crack ??    ECU TEK License whats the crack ??  EmptyFri 25 May - 1:04

Am I correct in thinking that a £150 map tweak can only be done by the original mapper (ScoobyClinic in this case) To get the existing map tweaked by someone else who isn't SC would cost around £300 as it would be a full remap excluding the £150 licensing fee.
Also I have been looking into bigger injectors and possibly an md321 or TD05 20g would that be tweakable so to speak or would that require a full remap altogether anyway.
Back to top Go down
FINN
Admin
FINN

PostSubject: Re: ECU TEK License whats the crack ??    ECU TEK License whats the crack ??  EmptyFri 25 May - 2:39

ur best off speaking too scooby clinic..too see what there tweak prices are..

or starting from scratch and going open scource... Wink

Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: ECU TEK License whats the crack ??    ECU TEK License whats the crack ??  EmptyFri 25 May - 8:17

I was originally looking to go down the Ecutek route as I believed this was the 'official' way of getting the car mapped - however after talking to a number of people I decided to place my faith in Andy Carr who uses Opensource (as Finn just mentioned).

It didnt require a licence and was therefore a lot cheaper than going the Ecutek route from the start and my tweaks have been comparably cheaper to date.

I believe Opensource software might have had its limitations in the early days but now seems to be able to cater for people who want things like launch control, flat foot shifting, pops & bangs, dual boost maps etc enabling.

Andy is just one of the mappers recommended by the club alongside Andy Forrest, Bob Rawle and Duncan Racedynamix. Each have their own preferences in terms of software, so your costs to some extent are governed by the chosen software of your chosen mapper Wink
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: ECU TEK License whats the crack ??    ECU TEK License whats the crack ??  EmptyFri 25 May - 19:21

Thanks for the input guys. I'm going to give the clinic a call on Monday to see how many thousands of pounds they want to do the above-mentioned mods. I have a feeling they will talk me out of getting an MD321 turbo and try to sell me one of their own SC units.. Either way I need to do some hardcore saving up..
Back to top Go down
Bigclarky

Bigclarky

PostSubject: Re: ECU TEK License whats the crack ??    ECU TEK License whats the crack ??  EmptyFri 25 May - 19:26

There's an md321 on eBay m8 item no 290717049484 for £450 or best offer, a not 100% if it is an md turbo but defo worth a message at that price for more pics and spec
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: ECU TEK License whats the crack ??    ECU TEK License whats the crack ??  EmptyFri 25 May - 19:37

Ye thanks clarky I will check it out and investigate some rebuild prices.
Just in case
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: ECU TEK License whats the crack ??    ECU TEK License whats the crack ??  EmptyFri 25 May - 19:47

It's an md321s 450-500 bhp I need an md321h 350-400. Would rather have a turbo that's almost maxed out than one that is held right back. Shame cos its a awesome price
Back to top Go down
Bigclarky

Bigclarky

PostSubject: Re: ECU TEK License whats the crack ??    ECU TEK License whats the crack ??  EmptyFri 25 May - 19:57

Turbo's an md321t on mine and runs spot on marra, Gavs got an md321h on his if your up our way anytime drop me a pm am sure we can give ya a run out in both to help you decide lol
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: ECU TEK License whats the crack ??    ECU TEK License whats the crack ??  EmptyFri 25 May - 20:04

Sounds like a very fun day out..
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

PostSubject: Re: ECU TEK License whats the crack ??    ECU TEK License whats the crack ??  EmptySat 26 May - 12:27

The ecutek license is for the ecutek software to be put onto your ecu, this license then stops with the ecu until someone removes it using other software.

Most mappers charge a full remap cost when they do someone elses ecu. So if scoobyclinic did it first they would only charge a tweak cost about £150-200, but if someone else like Bob Rawle or Andy Forrest did a map they would charge for a full map which is £250-300.

So its best to stay with the original person who put the first map on, as it saves you money.

The other way is to do what Finn says then dump the ecutek license and put open source on, so the first would be a full map then any subsequent would be a tweak.

If you have paid for the ecutek license I would stop with that, then choose wether you go to someone else for a full map or go back to scooobyclinic for a tweak. Personnally I would go to Bob or Andy who come to the north east regularley.

Hope that explains it, I think I am right.
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: ECU TEK License whats the crack ??    ECU TEK License whats the crack ??  EmptySat 26 May - 15:01

Explained perfectly I thought thats what the crack was. Just need to save up some cash for my mods and get a new kind of remap. Going to ditch the ecutek as I would like dual maps.
Back to top Go down
locky@HYDROtek

locky@HYDROtek

PostSubject: Re: ECU TEK License whats the crack ??    ECU TEK License whats the crack ??  EmptySat 26 May - 15:10

I've dual maps on my ecutek.......low boost, high boost, launch control........yeh iddy defo hit the nail on the head there.......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ECU TEK License whats the crack ??    ECU TEK License whats the crack ??  Empty

Back to top Go down

ECU TEK License whats the crack ??
Page 1 of 1