North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
project 'built not bought' - Page 2 EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
project 'built not bought' - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
project 'built not bought' - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
project 'built not bought' - Page 2 EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
project 'built not bought' - Page 2 EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
project 'built not bought' - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
project 'built not bought' - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
project 'built not bought' - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
project 'built not bought' - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

project 'built not bought'

Go down 
+8
ellio38
phil555
FINN
dazer_70
maxboost
mitchsti
keffer
drew160387
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
drew160387

project 'built not bought' - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: project 'built not bought'   project 'built not bought' - Page 2 EmptyMon 7 May - 18:09

havnt had much decent weather to get much done nor the time but ive still been pottering on mainly researching for the engine and stuff but heres a couple of pics to keep this going

this is what happend to the uk turbo which i drove for almost a year befor it had engine failure. which then turned into the donour car for alot of the parts
also the yard was a mess lmao
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

then decided to do something different so gave the engine bay a qick flash over in black to see what it looks like. i personaly like it and have a few ideas for a few parts in there to make it that bit better and stand out from the crowd a bit
front member is getting painted in another colour as gone off the pink/white theme and now onto the white/black/orange theme
cheers for looking
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: project 'built not bought'   project 'built not bought' - Page 2 EmptyWed 20 Jun - 13:36

Well after stripping down rebuilding interior ect i came across chewed wiring so looks like the dog has been under it the little Twit. Had alot of other things to sort away from car so it was put on the backburner. Another car came up and me being me cudnt resist another project so did some number crunching and it seemed the most logical to hold my plans on polybushing everything uprating the running gear and put some effort into the engine. Anyway ended up parting with the v5 shell as it was getting beyond a joke how much was different to a pre faclift . Got hold of a rolling prefacelift car without its engine. Allready having a full interior and the rest of the parts needed to put the car together minus engine it got stripped at a mates house and stored the parts as my spare room is full. Most the interior is in the for sale section.
Soo project plans are still on and i will Continue this thread with project.2 lol
Plans are still for 400 bhp and a few choice stying to my usual way of portraying my charecter through the car
A couple photos to kick it off i think
Thanks for reading Smile
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: project 'built not bought'   project 'built not bought' - Page 2 EmptyWed 20 Jun - 13:52

The car brought over to my house today ready for work to begin from the bottom up AGAIN lol
The culprit of two destroyed wiring looms and a few interior bits
Im not moving mate
Im still not moving mate
Parts time
1 cdb longblock 1 uk turbo longblock 1 wrx gearbox bummpers bonnet screen bootlide ect ect two boxes of engine parts and more lol
And i have a stash in the house
Full interior in the corner
Couple sets of lights interior trims and a few engine bits
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: project 'built not bought'   project 'built not bought' - Page 2 EmptyWed 20 Jun - 13:55

Thats it for today fitted lights in to box it up rear lights to go back to standard, bootlid to change, sourced some same colour doors and wings as these doors have been painted by a blind man no laquer on them and more runs than the local cricket team . Then its down to full strip interior check for any rust and give it a good clean the refit interior. Next week ill start underbody and undersealing cleaning and repainting a few bits ill update as i go

Back to top Go down
FINN
Admin
FINN

PostSubject: Re: project 'built not bought'   project 'built not bought' - Page 2 EmptyThu 21 Jun - 2:36

a just carnt keep up with you Laughing Laughing

a was gunna rename you frakenscoob2 lol

pitchy had frakinscoob 1, but that lasted 60 mile Shocked

so a changed me mind on giving u idea on frankin scoob 2

didnt want t put the mockers on ur project..
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: project 'built not bought'   project 'built not bought' - Page 2 EmptyThu 21 Jun - 11:08

Lol its still going mate just another shell the v5 was clean. Bud did have its problems the rear arch was worse than expected obce i ivestigated brakeline wrong for my pump . Plus needed a full respray and rear pillar repaired as it was dinted .

The project lives on mate round 2 ding ding
Back to top Go down
Tim@Rallytech

Tim@Rallytech

PostSubject: Re: project 'built not bought'   project 'built not bought' - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 Aug - 16:16

That's some pile of parts you've got there!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rally-tech.com   and   https://www.facebook.com/Rallyt
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: project 'built not bought'   project 'built not bought' - Page 2 EmptyThu 16 Aug - 2:55

Not so big now mate i realy need to update this thread as its coneing along nicely now
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: project 'built not bought'   project 'built not bought' - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Aug - 12:43

Ok guys work commenced after i lost intrestd as it was goin nowhere and problem after problem to the point i contemplated leaving scoobs behind and saving the money toward a m3. Then mark (maxboost) posted his up which gave me the inspiration to carry on soooo here is a update of how she stand now. Frankenscoob .2
Bought some wings and doors with correct mirrors for a good price hoping they where a colour match BUT seems the car was resprayed a different shade on the rear arch which was blended to most rear quarter you can see in pic. Not exatcly 406 silver but nvm i have plans for this for full wrap or respray
Black crystals with side and indys to match
Sporting some club stickers Smile
Engine bay cleaned please excuse mess i carnt move car by myself to get under . Well my excuse anyway
Full black interior fitted
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: project 'built not bought'   project 'built not bought' - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Aug - 12:49

Clocks in which most of yous may reconise
The Cdb bought from finn just for peice of mind on strength
Heads stripped down and lightly cleaned ready for machine shop
The parts pile alot smaller thank god . Most of the bits there are just to go the journy or kept for spares and to take mould for to make carbon bits like wings ect ect

Thats it so far lads cheers for looking
Back to top Go down
maxboost

maxboost

PostSubject: Re: project 'built not bought'   project 'built not bought' - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Aug - 15:21

My old clocks from my black pride & joy Very Happy Remember when they were @ 0 miles lol! You gonna reset them when its up & running ?.
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: project 'built not bought'   project 'built not bought' - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Aug - 18:05

I have a set of reset clocks i just wasnt sure if i was legaly aloud to do it lol i tried on me uk ones and its easy enough like
Back to top Go down
martyp1970

martyp1970

PostSubject: Re: project 'built not bought'   project 'built not bought' - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Aug - 18:57

Amazing effort mate Cool
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: project 'built not bought'   project 'built not bought' - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Aug - 23:36

Cheers bud its came a long way from a shell i was goin to fit gearbox and diff but im insure as just goin to go 6 speed straight away as need new clutch anyway seems pointless buying a 5 speed clutch to just wreck the gearbox may aswell get some money back and throw it back at the car itself
Cars getting wrapped by me and deano soon well a tester of one side to see what it looks like but ill take photos of that in action for the lads following the thread. Lost count of man hours but im still well under budget with this for now Smile
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: project 'built not bought'   project 'built not bought' - Page 2 EmptySat 18 Aug - 21:49

Decided to do a odd job i been meaning to do for a while . These arnt the gauges im using there meerly for use to make brackets ect. Moved heater control unit well in process but this is where the gauges are goin for a oem look to it. Probs be oil temp and pressure and boost
In its new home the controls for ac and the circulation buttons stuck out miles so i shortend them to look more in its place than just stuck there
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: project 'built not bought'   project 'built not bought' - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Aug - 0:02

You have done well considering your facilities available to you! keep it up Wink
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: project 'built not bought'   project 'built not bought' - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Aug - 1:44

Got most tools i need to work on the car mate need to buy a new impact driver and some biiiig alen key to get the pistons out the block. Full car from
Shell to how it stand done on the drive no need for fancie lifts here lmao. Although im guna plague finn to fit tha 6 speed like
Back to top Go down
FINN
Admin
FINN

PostSubject: Re: project 'built not bought'   project 'built not bought' - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Aug - 2:22

will fit 6 speed ne bother mate Very Happy

just looked thru this thread.

u really need to get that CDB indoors....

a noticed you had the cylinder heads in ur bedroom ??? ha ha pmsl

anyway the CDB casings is worth alot more than cylinder heads.......

Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: project 'built not bought'   project 'built not bought' - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Aug - 11:16

Yeah mate i know bud just need a big allen key nd circlip plyers to split the block bud
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: project 'built not bought'   project 'built not bought' - Page 2 EmptySun 2 Sep - 16:42

Been mainly sorting through parts n just pottering on with this decided to smooth the doors off and delock passenger side. Leaving the old lock in for added security
Doors still need painstaking sanding as im no profesional bodyshop guy lol itl still be spot on just more sanding as i tend to go overboard with filler
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: project 'built not bought'   project 'built not bought' - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

project 'built not bought'
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2