North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
help guys hawk sti or hatch sti EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
help guys hawk sti or hatch sti EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
help guys hawk sti or hatch sti EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
help guys hawk sti or hatch sti EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
help guys hawk sti or hatch sti EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
help guys hawk sti or hatch sti EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
help guys hawk sti or hatch sti EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
help guys hawk sti or hatch sti EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
help guys hawk sti or hatch sti EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

help guys hawk sti or hatch sti

Go down 
+6
FINN
CARLOS
kgt
natski
byers
lian&johnsti
10 posters
AuthorMessage
lian&johnsti

lian&johnsti

help guys hawk sti or hatch sti Empty
PostSubject: help guys hawk sti or hatch sti   help guys hawk sti or hatch sti EmptyMon 6 Aug - 13:55

we are undecided,were going to get a hatch sti and still would rather have one,but everyday i hear another horror story of the engines going bang,because of the pistons Shocked really putting me off as paying all that money for it and for the engine to go, and the hight tax bracket ,are they really that bad Sad
or do we just go for the hawkeye sti are the engines better any help and advice appreciated guys Very Happy
lian Very Happy
Back to top Go down
byers

byers

PostSubject: Re: help guys hawk sti or hatch sti   help guys hawk sti or hatch sti EmptyMon 6 Aug - 14:24

Get a blob lol
Back to top Go down
lian&johnsti

lian&johnsti

PostSubject: Re: help guys hawk sti or hatch sti   help guys hawk sti or hatch sti EmptyMon 6 Aug - 14:27

nah not that out wrong with blobs dave and yours is Cool but it was going to be a hatch sti,but sounds like all the engines/pistons are poo, so we are now thinking hawk sti 06 cheaper tax to.and stronger engine Very Happy
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: help guys hawk sti or hatch sti   help guys hawk sti or hatch sti EmptyMon 6 Aug - 14:59

Personally I would go for the hawk spec C over the hatch. Would be a tough decision between the cosworth hatch and the spec C mind.
Back to top Go down
lian&johnsti

lian&johnsti

PostSubject: Re: help guys hawk sti or hatch sti   help guys hawk sti or hatch sti EmptyMon 6 Aug - 15:01

lol cosworth to dear for us lol Shocked
im thinking sensible way to go would be hawk sti Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: help guys hawk sti or hatch sti   help guys hawk sti or hatch sti EmptyMon 6 Aug - 15:26

Lian, know where you are coming from. I actually prefer the look of the Hawk, but in my circumstances I think it would be a waste of time for me to invest cash in a car thats only 2-3 yrs newer than the one Ive got and that I (AK) knows inside out (95% of the history is with me).

That logic pushed me towards the Hatches, however I too felt nervous and asked for many opinions. In the end I was stuck with a quandry and decided to stay put. I nearly opted for a WRX-S but pulled back at the last minute fearing I'd end up modding all over again (and getting divorced in the process).

Very recently I was ready to put money down on a new STi saloon (just to confuse matters) but lost the car to a quicker buyer.......bugga.

All I know is that whatever I do next I will only have two options : finally buy an STi or leave Scoobs behind altogether, as a compromise is never satisyfing no matter how much you try and kid yourself.
Back to top Go down
lian&johnsti

lian&johnsti

PostSubject: Re: help guys hawk sti or hatch sti   help guys hawk sti or hatch sti EmptyMon 6 Aug - 15:49

we really have our heart set on a hatch sti,just scarey the thought of it going pop,got a lot of thinking to next couple of weeks,i am a subaru girl,so would never be happy with an audi or focus st etc scratch
Back to top Go down
CARLOS

CARLOS

PostSubject: Re: help guys hawk sti or hatch sti   help guys hawk sti or hatch sti EmptyMon 6 Aug - 16:01

get hawkeye sti in white Cool good luck with the search plenty white ones on piston heads Cool
Back to top Go down
lian&johnsti

lian&johnsti

PostSubject: Re: help guys hawk sti or hatch sti   help guys hawk sti or hatch sti EmptyMon 6 Aug - 16:03

can pick a 08 hatch sti up for nearly the same price as a white hawk,white ones are daft money Shocked
Back to top Go down
CARLOS

CARLOS

PostSubject: Re: help guys hawk sti or hatch sti   help guys hawk sti or hatch sti EmptyMon 6 Aug - 16:05

lian&johnwrx wrote:
can pick a 08 hatch sti up for nearly the same price as a white hawk,white ones are daft money Shocked

thought blue was the rare colour Laughing i know the white hawks are crazy money.
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: help guys hawk sti or hatch sti   help guys hawk sti or hatch sti EmptyMon 6 Aug - 16:17

Got to admit the hatch sti are growing on me. But I still prefer the hawkeye and paying all that tax for a hatch would kill me.. Yea I agree the sensible option would be to buy a hawk. one that has been forged with some choice supporting mods would be an excellent decision. At the end of the day if you do get a hatch chances are it will be standard and you will feel the need to spend a lot of money on it..
Back to top Go down
byers

byers

PostSubject: Re: help guys hawk sti or hatch sti   help guys hawk sti or hatch sti EmptyMon 6 Aug - 21:45

Surprised u never bought iddys
Back to top Go down
lian&johnsti

lian&johnsti

PostSubject: Re: help guys hawk sti or hatch sti   help guys hawk sti or hatch sti EmptyMon 6 Aug - 21:53

wrong colour,and want less miles Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FINN
Admin
FINN

PostSubject: Re: help guys hawk sti or hatch sti   help guys hawk sti or hatch sti EmptyMon 6 Aug - 23:59

hawk sti gets my vote over the hatch all day....

the hawkeye still has the subaru look from 1993...

got a lot ov mates who dont no cars, but always say = WTF is that focus looking thing they made ??? is it a turbo ??? Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

PostSubject: Re: help guys hawk sti or hatch sti   help guys hawk sti or hatch sti EmptyTue 7 Aug - 0:12

Hawk Sti for me, still think Subaru went wrong with the hatch, love white ones but they are pricey, but not that many about
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: help guys hawk sti or hatch sti   help guys hawk sti or hatch sti EmptyTue 7 Aug - 0:33

Sorry for lack of knowledge bit wat about the new sallons same fron as the hatches. Not sure on members name could be iddy but thebe got one very very nice motor. Failin that hawk all the way best looking newage by far
Back to top Go down
coldflame90

coldflame90

PostSubject: Re: help guys hawk sti or hatch sti   help guys hawk sti or hatch sti EmptyTue 7 Aug - 0:44

hatches are growing on me now but as you say engine probz and such like would make me go for a hawk i was looking at them before i bought my 1 they seem to have come down in price abit which means more money in the pocket for some loverly trick parts
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

PostSubject: Re: help guys hawk sti or hatch sti   help guys hawk sti or hatch sti EmptyTue 7 Aug - 7:56

Lian, Its down to you really I dont like the hatch has it hasnt got a big rear spolier. That why I waited until the new saloon came out.

The Hawk STI is a great car, but the new Hatch and Saloon is a total different car to drive. If it was me and you couldnt afford a new Saloon I would get a Hawk, as I dont like the look of the Hatch (looks like a mazda as I kept saying to drumster phil). But then as KGT said you are only getting a 2-3 yr newer car with the Hawk.

If your going to buy a Hatch I would try and stay away from the very early ones upto mid 09, as the engine run an even tighter clearance on the pistons than the Hawk. This is where the engine problems come from. Try and get a late 09 or newer as these have a larger clearance similar to the the Hawk. But the pistons in the Hawks, Hatchs and Saloons are all crap. Thats why my engine is getting done early next year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: help guys hawk sti or hatch sti   help guys hawk sti or hatch sti Empty

Back to top Go down

help guys hawk sti or hatch sti
Page 1 of 1