North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Tein time !!! Maybe  EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Tein time !!! Maybe  EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Tein time !!! Maybe  EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Tein time !!! Maybe  EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Tein time !!! Maybe  EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Tein time !!! Maybe  EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Tein time !!! Maybe  EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Tein time !!! Maybe  EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Tein time !!! Maybe  EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Tein time !!! Maybe

Go down 
+6
drew@drewsautos
Bigup1983
mike2367
bazpro88
maxboost
natski
10 posters
AuthorMessage
natski

natski

Tein time !!! Maybe  Empty
PostSubject: Tein time !!! Maybe    Tein time !!! Maybe  EmptyFri 15 Feb - 17:12

Well my car has two main problems that get on my nerves at the moment..
Firstly the clutch still needs changing (since October lol)
Secondly the suspension is knocking its tits in and driving anywhere is starting to feel like being in a speedboat in rough sea Sad

I had plans to get my clutch done at the beginning of march as its my first long period off from work 10 days off woooooo Smile
BUT I think I can live with driving like an old woman for another month or so its not that big of a deal,,,,,

Sooo what should I go for suspension wise I'm torn between a set of:

Tein Street advanced coilovers @ £888.79p

Or some

Eibach pro-street coilovers @ £1038.00

No idea what advantages the Eibach have over the Teins. Any suggestions/advice will be ordering on the 26th of feb
Back to top Go down
maxboost

maxboost

PostSubject: Re: Tein time !!! Maybe    Tein time !!! Maybe  EmptyFri 15 Feb - 17:49

Got teins on the Foz they are rock hard even on the softest setting.

Had Eibach pro coilovers on the old sti, i thought they were a bit over priced & not that good. Were a bit soft IMO. (Alyn@ ASP does them cheaper than the price you state, well he did)

I Have BC BR series on the Type R & IMO they are excellent value for money & are very good, (I payed just over £550), you could even upgrade to the ER or the RM series if your budget is 1K.
Back to top Go down
bazpro88

bazpro88

PostSubject: Re: Tein time !!! Maybe    Tein time !!! Maybe  EmptyFri 15 Feb - 18:02

i had bc coilovers on my old bug and they where brilliant i thought and not uncomfortable
Back to top Go down
mike2367

mike2367

PostSubject: Re: Tein time !!! Maybe    Tein time !!! Maybe  EmptyFri 15 Feb - 19:14

+1 for BC's, got some on mine and they are mint, 30 clicks of dampening adjustment and on the softest setting they are softer than standard shocks i thought. easy to find a setting that's comfortable and performs well. and they come with top mount camber plates which some of the expensive sets don't (or charge you extra on top)
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Tein time !!! Maybe    Tein time !!! Maybe  EmptyFri 15 Feb - 19:26

Thanks guys I will look into some buddy club ones then Smile
Back to top Go down
Bigup1983

Bigup1983

PostSubject: Re: Tein time !!! Maybe    Tein time !!! Maybe  EmptyFri 15 Feb - 19:52

Another +1 for BC's..
Got them on mine. Best coilovers I've had, by a clean mile. Very Happy

As already said, doesn't take long to find the best setting for your car usage or driving style.
Back to top Go down
drew@drewsautos

drew@drewsautos

PostSubject: Re: Tein time !!! Maybe    Tein time !!! Maybe  EmptyFri 15 Feb - 20:25

Bc is bc racing not buddy club

http://www.bc-racing.co.uk/
Back to top Go down
rob17c

rob17c

PostSubject: Re: Tein time !!! Maybe    Tein time !!! Maybe  EmptyFri 15 Feb - 20:40

Got Tein shocks and springs on my Blob. You could read Braille!!

New back needed. Hard as f**k
Back to top Go down
phil555

phil555

PostSubject: Re: Tein time !!! Maybe    Tein time !!! Maybe  EmptySat 16 Feb - 14:42

I would also go for BC, had them on my Classic type R and they were very good. I had Eibach on my old JDM Blobeye and they were shite IMO.
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: Tein time !!! Maybe    Tein time !!! Maybe  EmptySat 16 Feb - 16:21

I had Eibachs on my WRX, I thought they were brilliant, not uncomfortable at all and the car felt like it was on rails, with very little roll.
Back to top Go down
drew@drewsautos

drew@drewsautos

PostSubject: Re: Tein time !!! Maybe    Tein time !!! Maybe  EmptySat 16 Feb - 18:01

phil555 wrote:
I would also go for BC, had them on my Classic type R and they were very good. I had Eibach on my old JDM Blobeye and they were shite IMO.

How do you know ya never drove them Very Happy your classic was adjusted up way to hard for road use Smile

It all depends on wot you want from your car most coilovers are hard due to been badly adjuster or wrong weight springs, it's no good having them wound up rock hard ( suspension needs to be able to move to work) makes you slower on the road

Im running bc racing coilovers on the wagon & its taking quite a bit of time adjusting & change of springs to get it somewhere near ok for the road

Drew
Back to top Go down
John h

PostSubject: Re: Tein time !!! Maybe    Tein time !!! Maybe  EmptySat 16 Feb - 20:08

Hi,
I've got a set of BC coil overs on my classic . They are good value for money imho .

How they compare to other coil overs I can't say as I've never tried others .

Overall I'm happy with the BC product . I've got them set a 3 clicks from the softest setting but personally wouldn't want the suspension set up any harder .

On choppy roads however I suspect a car with standard softer suspension would be as quick if not quicker .

On most other roads and especially smooth roads I'm confident the BC coilovers do offer a good performance improvement .

One thing I have avoided though is lowering the car too much as I've read it alters the roll centre of the car .

Reducing the ride height of a car would , most people would think and I was one of them , reduce the roll when going round bends.

However , without changing the suspension geometry , I've read it has the opposite effect , and cause cars to roll more because it changes the cars roll centre.

This can reduce the tyre contact patch ( area ) reducing grip which reduces cornering speed.

That's a shame as a car that's slammed looks great imho .

So my advice is , if you change the suspension in any way , just remember it's a compromise and what works on one surface isn't necessarily going to work on another .

John

Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Tein time !!! Maybe    Tein time !!! Maybe  EmptySat 16 Feb - 21:40

drew@drewsautos wrote:
Bc is bc racing not buddy club

http://www.bc-racing.co.uk/

Cheers drew Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tein time !!! Maybe    Tein time !!! Maybe  Empty

Back to top Go down

Tein time !!! Maybe
Page 1 of 1