North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Tein S-Tech Springs EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Tein S-Tech Springs EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Tein S-Tech Springs EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Tein S-Tech Springs EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Tein S-Tech Springs EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Tein S-Tech Springs EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Tein S-Tech Springs EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Tein S-Tech Springs EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Tein S-Tech Springs EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Tein S-Tech Springs

Go down 
+4
carl08
andyden71
baldy
atwrx
8 posters
AuthorMessage
atwrx

atwrx

Tein S-Tech Springs Empty
PostSubject: Tein S-Tech Springs   Tein S-Tech Springs EmptyTue 15 Jul - 13:25

Anyone here running a newage with a set of standard shocks with Tein S-Tech springs? Preferably an STi, bit of a long shot, but would be even better if the car was an RB320 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
baldy

baldy

PostSubject: Re: Tein S-Tech Springs   Tein S-Tech Springs EmptyTue 15 Jul - 13:31

now whats your plan...?
tein are good springs IMO
had them on a few motors
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: Tein S-Tech Springs   Tein S-Tech Springs EmptyTue 15 Jul - 13:47

That what I had on my bug till I got the coilovers they where on standard wrx shocks
Back to top Go down
carl08

carl08

PostSubject: Re: Tein S-Tech Springs   Tein S-Tech Springs EmptyTue 15 Jul - 13:48

I have them on my hatch WRX they seem spot on!
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: Tein S-Tech Springs   Tein S-Tech Springs EmptyTue 15 Jul - 14:05

baldy wrote:
now whats your plan...?
tein are good springs IMO
had them on a few motors

Well the skyline has gone and I couldn't handle the sort of MPG they get, so back to plan A with the scoob. Got my bits sitting waiting at Andy K's ready for engine build.
But I also want to firm the car up a bit, I've got drop links, ARB's, alk so think a firmer set of springs should do the trick, don't really want to go down coilover rout if possible, so been looking at Tein, but wouldn't mind a try in a car that's got a set on to see how it rides.
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: Tein S-Tech Springs   Tein S-Tech Springs EmptyTue 15 Jul - 15:05

Mine seemed very good I only changed them cos I tht the rear shockers where knocking turns out they wherent otherwise iv have kept them on
Back to top Go down
baldy

baldy

PostSubject: Re: Tein S-Tech Springs   Tein S-Tech Springs EmptyTue 15 Jul - 15:57

that's cos your a clown lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tein S-Tech Springs   Tein S-Tech Springs EmptyTue 15 Jul - 16:00

I've got them on my Type R Alan - which you've been in - I like them. Eibach do good lowering springs as well, have you looked at those?
Back to top Go down
baldy

baldy

PostSubject: Re: Tein S-Tech Springs   Tein S-Tech Springs EmptyTue 15 Jul - 16:46

the eibachs are also stamped up as prodrive had them on my bug wagon not to low and a nice ride .now on steviedoos widetrack
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: Tein S-Tech Springs   Tein S-Tech Springs EmptyTue 15 Jul - 19:55

I've got RB320 suspension on, which are eibachs, want something firmer. Will have to have a go in yours again Mario if that's ok bud?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tein S-Tech Springs   Tein S-Tech Springs EmptyTue 15 Jul - 19:59

atwrx wrote:
I've got RB320 suspension on, which are eibachs, want something firmer. Will have to have a go in yours again Mario if that's ok bud?

Yeah no bother but remember my car is 200+kg lighter than the Blob
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: Tein S-Tech Springs   Tein S-Tech Springs EmptyTue 15 Jul - 20:01

Mines got teins on (but its a classic) they not too firm so if you are already running eibachs and you want firmer you maybe need to go down the coilover route, then again im no expert on suspension so im sure someone else could tell you a bit more. I thought mine would have been firmer tbh
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: Tein S-Tech Springs   Tein S-Tech Springs EmptyTue 15 Jul - 20:20

Yeah just had a look Mario, yours are 3.2kg/mm front and rear and the blobs are 3.7 rear and 4.3 front so should just about equal out. Wouldn't mind a look out if you don't mind just to get an idea of what they're like.

Maca, had a word with Alyn and he says the Teins are quite a bit firmer than the ones I have and John at BRD reckons they're too firm, hence would like a tester. They're only £160 guess I could just wing it and give them a try.
Did you get UK or Japanese Spec Springs Maca? Apparently a huge difference
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: Tein S-Tech Springs   Tein S-Tech Springs EmptyTue 15 Jul - 20:39

atwrx wrote:
Yeah just had a look Mario, yours are 3.2kg/mm front and rear and the blobs are 3.7 rear and 4.3 front so should just about equal out. Wouldn't mind a look out if you don't mind just to get an idea of what they're like.

Maca, had a word with Alyn and he says the Teins are quite a bit firmer than the ones I have and John at BRD reckons they're too firm, hence would like a tester. They're only £160 guess I could just wing it and give them a try.

Didn't realise there was that much of a difference between the two  Surprised 

Mines are on my standard jap wrx struts mate if that helps?
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: Tein S-Tech Springs   Tein S-Tech Springs EmptyTue 15 Jul - 20:51

Yeah there's two types GBR and JPN, I'd imagine yours are the Jap ones of you're in an import
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: Tein S-Tech Springs   Tein S-Tech Springs EmptyTue 15 Jul - 21:07

atwrx wrote:
Yeah there's two types GBR and JPN, I'd imagine yours are the Jap ones of you're in an import

Presume so fella  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tein S-Tech Springs   Tein S-Tech Springs EmptyTue 15 Jul - 22:20

atwrx wrote:

Alan - if you are about tomorrow night just give me a shout and you can take the Type R out and pick yuour speaker spacers up as well.
Back to top Go down
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

PostSubject: Re: Tein S-Tech Springs   Tein S-Tech Springs EmptyTue 15 Jul - 23:03

I've got the prodrive ones on mine that I got off Baldy, these were fitted to the car for a few weeks and then I got a whiteline stiffer rear ARB fitted along with the whole of the rear end of the car rubber bushes replaced with poly bushes which made a big difference and stiffened the car up.
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: Tein S-Tech Springs   Tein S-Tech Springs EmptyWed 16 Jul - 8:06

Cheers Mario, I'll pop round tonight after we've finished moving.

Stevie, that's another part of the plan Smile going to have all bushes replaced when car goes in for new heart.
Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: Tein S-Tech Springs   Tein S-Tech Springs EmptyWed 16 Jul - 14:30

I got blob with sti suspension and green springs would say there tein as there green

There in middle of coilover and stand spring so to me there best of both

Iv had stand suspension
Sti suspension with lower springs
Coilover
bc
Apexi
D2

Coilover are nice but not for everyday use

Stand spring have to much body roll and bounce
Back to top Go down
bazpro88

bazpro88

PostSubject: Re: Tein S-Tech Springs   Tein S-Tech Springs EmptyWed 16 Jul - 21:35

probs isnt any help but i had bc coilovers on my bugeye and it was perfect for the road. on the soft setting they were no more uncomfortable than standard stuff and reduced bodyroll a lot.
but they were alot more expensive than springs so i did it again it would be decent springs instead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tein S-Tech Springs   Tein S-Tech Springs Empty

Back to top Go down

Tein S-Tech Springs
Page 1 of 1