North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
AA cover upgrade ?? EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
AA cover upgrade ?? EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
AA cover upgrade ?? EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
AA cover upgrade ?? EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
AA cover upgrade ?? EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
AA cover upgrade ?? EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
AA cover upgrade ?? EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
AA cover upgrade ?? EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
AA cover upgrade ?? EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

AA cover upgrade ??

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
natski

natski

AA cover upgrade ?? Empty
PostSubject: AA cover upgrade ??   AA cover upgrade ?? EmptySat 2 Mar - 12:51

Anyone got AA cover via their bank account. I get free breakdown cover with mine and am wondering if I can upgrade it to Parts and garage cover..

Has anyone got the parts and garage cover ??
You can claim up to £500 worth of repair bills 5 times a year, sounds like a good idea to me Smile
Back to top Go down
Keiffy

Keiffy

PostSubject: Re: AA cover upgrade ??   AA cover upgrade ?? EmptySat 2 Mar - 12:54

Not at the moment but sounds a good deal mate.... Smile
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: AA cover upgrade ??   AA cover upgrade ?? EmptySat 2 Mar - 12:57

Yup £86.90 a year and covers up to 4 cars. I think that's a wise investment, just trying to find out if I can upgrade my existing cover cos I'm tight lol..
Back to top Go down
Keiffy

Keiffy

PostSubject: Re: AA cover upgrade ??   AA cover upgrade ?? EmptySat 2 Mar - 13:00

A cheap deal for peace of mind mate...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AA cover upgrade ??   AA cover upgrade ?? EmptySat 2 Mar - 13:23

Be careful if you have the basic cover with a bank acoount .. we did a few years ago and what they don't tell you is that it has to break down within 10 miles of your home.

We didn't know and the timing chain snapped on the car (a 3 yr old car.. another misconception that timing chains do not need to be changed (they do after 70k! and pre-tensioners/pulleys serviced regularly)) while we were down in Essex .. the banks AA cover wouldn't bring us home and it cost us £680 to get the car and us home!!

So read everything .. upgraded should be ok though Smile

Also remember a Subaru can't be towed .. it must be flatbed recovered Smile
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: AA cover upgrade ??   AA cover upgrade ?? EmptySat 2 Mar - 13:35

I broke down in my older impreza less than 2 miles from my home address and they recovered my car for me.. I know what you mean about towing I told them on the phone it can't be towed and they sent a bloody tow van after waiting over an hour for them. I then had to wait another hour for them to arrange turners of sedgefield to borrow them a flatbed and driver. This was on the day I was going down to Doncaster to pick up the STi so I wasn't too bothered. Under different curcumstances I would of been absolutely fuming. I did have a word with the flatbed driver about it and he said the AA think everyone is stupid and they send a man in a van to confirm the car can't be towed first.. Maybe it's them that's stupid and they should know they can't be bloody towed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

PostSubject: Re: AA cover upgrade ??   AA cover upgrade ?? EmptySat 2 Mar - 13:46

I have had the free AA cover with my bank account for quite a few years now, only ever used it twice once on another car and once on my current scoob when the clutch went, I also told them it could not be towed and they sent a van, only for him to say your clutch has gone mate and you can't be towed, I'd already told them on the phone that the clutch had gone, I then had to wait 90mins for a flat bed to turn up, had no problem at all with them charging me for it though and I was more than 10 miles from home.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AA cover upgrade ??   AA cover upgrade ?? EmptySat 2 Mar - 13:49

Yep it happened to us too .. you'd be surprised how many people don't know the damage that is caused by towing them - if I remember rightly I think Hardys car got towed and knacked up as well .. and quite rightly he made them fix it lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AA cover upgrade ??   AA cover upgrade ?? EmptySat 2 Mar - 13:54

Steviedoo wrote:
I have had the free AA cover with my bank account for quite a few years now, only ever used it twice once on another car and once on my current scoob when the clutch went, I also told them it could not be towed and they sent a van, only for him to say your clutch has gone mate and you can't be towed, I'd already told them on the phone that the clutch had gone, I then had to wait 90mins for a flat bed to turn up, had no problem at all with them charging me for it though and I was more than 10 miles from home.

Might have changed it Stevie .. This was a while ago but we were refused by th even to come out to us and had to arrange ourselves to be recovered at our own cost .. was a total nighmare ..in fact we had a fortnight from hell - which if someone had told me everything that would happen within those two weeks I'd havr laughed in their face and said it was impossible .. but it did Sad
Back to top Go down
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

PostSubject: Re: AA cover upgrade ??   AA cover upgrade ?? EmptySat 2 Mar - 14:11

Here are the terms and conditions of the AA cover with the Lloyds TSB that I have, from reading it looks like it is possible to upgrade the AA cover

http://www.lloydstsb.com/media/lloydstsb2004/pdfs/silver_aa_breakdown_cover_policy.pdf
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: AA cover upgrade ??   AA cover upgrade ?? EmptySat 2 Mar - 14:49

Mines with Halifax I will have a see what I can find out Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AA cover upgrade ??   AA cover upgrade ?? EmptySat 2 Mar - 16:09

Must have changed it since our escapade .. best of it was it didn't even tell you in the paperwork .. it was on a brochure in the branch .. which we'd never been given or had seen. We complained afterwards but got nowhere.

We had actually cancelled our existing full cover to use the one with the account as well!

We changed our banking to Barclays after that

Just been reading what you put the link up for Stevie .. there was another thing on there the AA didn't hknour for my sister - compassionate relay .. she took ill at Askham Bar, think North Yorks on her way home and they refused to come out to her .. we were getting phone calls from the police and everyone to travel down to bring her home .. the AA refused.

Seems they do what they want - now we have cover through our insurance companies which works out much cheaper for a more comprehensive cover anx it covers our named drivers as well Smile

Back to top Go down
lian&johnsti

lian&johnsti

PostSubject: Re: AA cover upgrade ??   AA cover upgrade ?? EmptySat 2 Mar - 17:29

Had the lloyds tsb cover for as long as I can remember, only used once about 10 years ago, but I was only a mile away from home, haven't got a clue about my cover lol! , so thanks for the link Steve, it has just been bookmarked Very Happy John king
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AA cover upgrade ??   AA cover upgrade ?? Empty

Back to top Go down

AA cover upgrade ??
Page 1 of 1