North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource

Go down 
+5
iddysti
FINN
kempy85
Jonny Gav
sMoggY06_WRX
9 posters
AuthorMessage
sMoggY06_WRX

EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource Empty
PostSubject: EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource   EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource EmptyFri 15 Mar - 18:00

Anyone know if the opensource software used by Duncan @ Racedynamix can offer same features as the EcuTek RaceRom ie. Switchable maps, Flat foot shifting, Autoblip downshift and launch control??

I've tried phoning Duncan but got no response.

Cheers,

Dean.
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource   EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource EmptySun 17 Mar - 9:57

open source has flat foot shift, launch control but no switchable maps.

Andy Forrest will also do open source if you can't get in contact with Duncan.
Back to top Go down
kempy85

kempy85

PostSubject: Re: EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource   EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource EmptySun 17 Mar - 10:42

Mine must be ecutec as it has duel map
Back to top Go down
sMoggY06_WRX

PostSubject: Re: EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource   EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource EmptySun 17 Mar - 11:28

Jonny Gav wrote:
open source has flat foot shift, launch control but no switchable maps.

Andy Forrest will also do open source if you can't get in contact with Duncan.

Do you know if it has the auto rev match for the downshift Jonny??
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource   EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource EmptySun 17 Mar - 12:04

Don't think so.
Back to top Go down
FINN
Admin
FINN

PostSubject: Re: EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource   EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource EmptyMon 18 Mar - 1:06

kempy85 wrote:
Mine must be ecutec as it has duel map

how do you control the maps ?
Back to top Go down
kempy85

kempy85

PostSubject: Re: EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource   EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource EmptyMon 18 Mar - 2:23

With the avcr
Back to top Go down
kempy85

kempy85

PostSubject: Re: EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource   EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource EmptyMon 18 Mar - 2:28

It has 2 boost settings
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

PostSubject: Re: EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource   EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource EmptyMon 18 Mar - 8:00

kempy85 wrote:
With the avcr

You don't technically have two maps, your just controlling the boost with the AVCR. This could have been done on the ecu with the rear heater switch used to switch between the boost maps.

With Racerom you can have two completely different maps but this is only available on the fly by wire throttle cars. Hawkeye onwards.
Back to top Go down
lian&johnsti

lian&johnsti

PostSubject: Re: EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource   EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource EmptyMon 18 Mar - 8:46

So i have since found out the hatch can be mapped open source.we know dynamix does it.which is a fair bit cheaper than ecutek.i need to get in touch with andy forest to see if he does it Very Happy
Lian
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

PostSubject: Re: EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource   EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource EmptyMon 18 Mar - 14:05

lian&johnsti wrote:
So i have since found out the hatch can be mapped open source.we know dynamix does it.which is a fair bit cheaper than ecutek.i need to get in touch with andy forest to see if he does it Very Happy
Lian

That must be something new as the saloon could only be done by ecutek when I got it done.

Get it done.
Back to top Go down
kempy85

kempy85

PostSubject: Re: EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource   EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource EmptyMon 18 Mar - 14:48

Will their be a distinct difference wen pressing the button ?

Yes their is 2 boost settings A 1.4 bar 80% power and B with 1.8 bar At 40% power which is progressive for racing so the turbo don't pop their is a difference in the way it drives
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource   EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource EmptyMon 18 Mar - 16:37

iddysti wrote:
kempy85 wrote:
With the avcr

You don't technically have two maps, your just controlling the boost with the AVCR. This could have been done on the ecu with the rear heater switch used to switch between the boost maps.

With Racerom you can have two completely different maps but this is only available on the fly by wire throttle cars. Hawkeye onwards.

Racerom - That's what I have....I love it!
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource   EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource EmptyMon 18 Mar - 17:56

iddysti wrote:
lian&johnsti wrote:
Lian

That must be something new as the saloon could only be done by ecutek when I got it done.

Get it done.

Don't our cars effectively have 3 maps on them I/S/S# ? How is that managed when they get mapped ?

Back to top Go down
lian&johnsti

lian&johnsti

PostSubject: Re: EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource   EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource EmptyMon 18 Mar - 22:39

Spoke to andy he doesnt do open source on the hatch as he said there are things missing from the software.so prefers to use ecutek for the hatch sti.
So back to saving the pennies
Lian
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

PostSubject: Re: EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource   EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource EmptyMon 18 Mar - 22:41

kgt wrote:
iddysti wrote:
lian&johnsti wrote:
Lian

Get it done.

Don't our cars effectively have 3 maps on them I/S/S# ? How is that managed when they get mapped ?

no not quite the I/S/S# is the control of the variable valve timing. which is why you loose all the pickup in I. Its also how you get the different exhaust note when you are in S#
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

PostSubject: Re: EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource   EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource EmptyMon 18 Mar - 22:44

lian&johnsti wrote:
Spoke to andy he doesnt do open source on the hatch as he said there are things missing from the software.so prefers to use ecutek for the hatch sti.
Lian

I thought that was the case when I looked into it and speaking to Bob Rawle he said that Ecutek was the only software that could fully do the sharkeye ecu with the different settings.

Its not much more for the Ecutek than open source these days.
Back to top Go down
discodaz

discodaz

PostSubject: Re: EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource   EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource EmptyMon 18 Mar - 22:48

lian&johnsti wrote:
Lian

does finn not have a spare one of these with the license on it? will go on my car not sure if it will go on yours though
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/darrenjayphotography
lian&johnsti

lian&johnsti

PostSubject: Re: EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource   EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource EmptyMon 18 Mar - 22:52

discodaz wrote:
lian&johnsti wrote:
Lian

does finn not have a spare one of these with the license on it? will go on my car not sure if it will go on yours though

Lol no its fine will get it done later on in the year.got some things to do in the house first.it can wait a while Shocked
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

PostSubject: Re: EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource   EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource EmptyMon 18 Mar - 22:55

discodaz wrote:

They are different ECUs, if I remember right the blob and older ecus are 16 bit and the newer ones are 32 bit. The new ECUs have the setting for the variable valve timing where the older ones don't.
Back to top Go down
discodaz

discodaz

PostSubject: Re: EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource   EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource EmptyMon 18 Mar - 23:55

i was thinking about it for mine,will i benefit much?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/darrenjayphotography
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource   EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource EmptySat 23 Mar - 18:10

iddysti wrote:
kgt wrote:
iddysti wrote:
lian&johnsti wrote:
Lian

Get it done.

no not quite the I/S/S# is the control of the variable valve timing. which is why you loose all the pickup in I. Its also how you get the different exhaust note when you are in S#

Ah, thanks for the explanation Iddy. It's certainly noticeable the difference in the three settings, I actually use it like an "overdrive" of sorts and flick between each of them. Normally drive around in S, knock it into S# for booting purposes and drop it into I for slow traffic or cruising. Wonderful piece of kit for the OCD afflicted. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Rob84

Rob84

PostSubject: Re: EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource   EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource EmptySun 24 Mar - 20:46

The SI drive function is to regulate throttle response to the engine ecu thus regulates engine torque, It has nothing to do with the function of the AVCS system. you'll notice that 54% throttle pedal travel in S# is 100 % response By switching to I or S this limites the sensitivity of the throttle pedal.

On a remapped car with racerom My SI drive functions as a map switch. I dont bother with I mode.
However Sport is now my v-power map & Sport # is a vpower and 16% methanol map with all of the toys switched on, Flatfoot shift, Progressive launch control eliminates wheel slip. Down shift autoblip, Per gear boost selection. etc etc.
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource   EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource EmptySun 24 Mar - 21:07

Ah cock on Rob, thanks for that. So you've effectively got an individual map for each setting now. Very cool. Roll on 2.5 years and I might have to have a play with that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rob84

Rob84

PostSubject: Re: EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource   EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource EmptySun 24 Mar - 21:23

Yes Individual map's but limited to 2 maps though not 3, The I mode basically mirrors my v-power map with throttle sensitivity...... I'd recommend andy f to do the mapping
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource   EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource Empty

Back to top Go down

EcuTek Racerom vs Opensource
Page 1 of 1