North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Rota's fitted  - Page 2 EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Rota's fitted  - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Rota's fitted  - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Rota's fitted  - Page 2 EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Rota's fitted  - Page 2 EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Rota's fitted  - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Rota's fitted  - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Rota's fitted  - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Rota's fitted  - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Rota's fitted

Go down 
+8
atwrx
natski
evileye_xc
anthmac
CARLOS
Steviedoo
ukjesters
Mikeblobsti
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

Rota's fitted  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Apr - 22:39

atwrx wrote:
Marietto wrote:
atwrx wrote:
What are the offsets of the OE wheels? Is it right that they're ET53?

I've literally just read that if you alter your track more than 20mm it has a good chance of invalidating your insurance. I want to do the same so I just want to ask questions now and get cleared up on how these alter the car. Is the track wider?

Here's the source of my concerns. Sorry to spring this on you mike, I just want to get things clear before I go ahead and do the same.

http://www.gomog.com/allmorgan/wheeloffset.html

I would have thought that if you have modified car insurance and you have declared your alloy wheels on the modifications then the insurance company are accepting these modifications, regardless of offset.

That's a fair point, just a lot of people don't declare wheels, just pointing it out.

Your better off declaring everything mate when you have a high performance car/or any car, say for instance someone rear ended you and you had different wheels on you might not get a payout on the insurance! I know what you mean tho bud a lot of people don't declare.
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Apr - 22:41

natski wrote:
I'm insured with sky also and there only concern with the modifications is the value. I had already stated that my car had 18inch alloy on with a valuation of £1000 so there's no need to inform them that I have changed them for ones that cost more or less the same amount..

Same for me too mate.....although my pff7 are in need of a good refurb and new tyres lol!
Back to top Go down
evileye_xc

evileye_xc

PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Apr - 22:41

I'll have to look for some sti rears then. I have gold brembo fronts and red rear wrx's. Thanks for the advice

Last edited by evileye_xc on Mon 1 Apr - 22:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Apr - 22:43

Mikeblobsti wrote:
atwrx wrote:
Marietto wrote:
atwrx wrote:

I've literally just read that if you alter your track more than 20mm it has a good chance of invalidating your insurance. I want to do the same so I just want to ask questions now and get cleared up on how these alter the car. Is the track wider?

Here's the source of my concerns. Sorry to spring this on you mike, I just want to get things clear before I go ahead and do the same.

I would have thought that if you have modified car insurance and you have declared your alloy wheels on the modifications then the insurance company are accepting these modifications, regardless of offset.

That's a fair point, just a lot of people don't declare wheels, just pointing it out.

Your better off declaring everything mate when you have a high performance car/or any car, say for instance someone rear ended you and you had different wheels on you might not get a payout on the insurance! I know what you mean tho bud a lot of people don't declare.

Does that mean if you have a set of wheels you use for winter and a set of wheels for summer, that you will have to phone the insurance company whenever you swap them over.
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Apr - 23:08

Steviedoo wrote:
Mikeblobsti wrote:
atwrx wrote:
Marietto wrote:
atwrx wrote:

Does that mean if you have a set of wheels you use for winter and a set of wheels for summer, that you will have to phone the insurance company whenever you swap them over.

Have no idea, was just what I read so thought I'd throw it out there. I think it's advisable to inform insurance if you change to winters, tho not mandatory.
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Apr - 23:35

All insurance companies have ever asked me about upgraded alloys is rim size and value. So if they are the same size why bother ?? Obviously your winter wheels are going to be of a lesser value so I dont see the problem on not reporting the winter wheels situation..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Apr - 23:37

natski wrote:
All insurance companies have ever asked me about upgraded alloys is rim size and value. So if they are the same size why bother ?? Obviously your winter wheels are going to be of a lesser value so I do t see the problem on not reporting the winter wheels situation..

Absolutely correct - not only that they reduce the risk to the insurance company by being safer in winter weather!!!
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Apr - 23:50

I've declared both my sets and explained I have a winter set and a summer set but they really were not too bothered as my pff7's have been on since the car was new so the Rota's are a added extra. They just wanted to know the value of the Rota's
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 2 EmptyTue 2 Apr - 0:04

evileye_xc wrote:
I'll have to look for some sti rears then. I have gold brembo fronts and red rear wrx's. Thanks for the advice

No worries bud, sure someone on here will have some for sale at some point Cool
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 2 EmptySun 7 Apr - 7:56

Still no problems with these wheels, had them on a week now and I've done some very spirited cornering with no rubbing. Only thing that rubs is my prodrive flaps on the ground lol!

Looking forward to NBO again with these on!
Back to top Go down
Philhasasti

Philhasasti

PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Apr - 20:12

Looks stunning!
Back to top Go down
NickSTi

NickSTi

PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Apr - 13:11

Very nice bud.
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Apr - 23:52

Philhasasti wrote:
Looks stunning!

N1CK!STi wrote:
Very nice bud.

Cheers lads Cool think I need some more power next Laughing
Back to top Go down
NickSTi

NickSTi

PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr - 0:02

That's what I'm going for on the 8th mate but started working out how I'm going to slow myself down today lol power first and thinking about slowing later lol!
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr - 0:12

lol! it'll be fine mate standard brembos cope quite well well with extra power, did upgrade discs and pads on mine tho after 1st remap just to make sure!

What power you hoping to get?

Would like to be on the 400+ mark with mine next but need to save the pennies
Back to top Go down
NickSTi

NickSTi

PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr - 0:18

This is going to be my cars first map so 340 would be a bonus. But after this I'm gonna go with the bigger turbo ect and aim for the 400+ myself... Try and keep up with Mario lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr - 0:19

Mikeblobsti wrote:
lol! it'll be fine mate standard brembos cope quite well well with extra power, did upgrade discs and pads on mine tho after 1st remap just to make sure!

What power you hoping to get?

Would like to be on the 400+ mark with mine next but need to save the pennies

Getting into forged build territory there bud - big money...but worth every feckin' penny bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr - 0:20

N1CK!STi wrote:
This is going to be my cars first map so 340 would be a bonus. But after this I'm gonna go with the bigger turbo ect and aim for the 400+ myself... Try and keep up with Mario lol!

You'll definitely need bigger brakes then bud! lol!
Back to top Go down
NickSTi

NickSTi

PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr - 0:26

I'll be going forged and cosworth all the way Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr - 0:27

N1CK!STi wrote:

I'll be trying to keep up with you then mate Wink
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr - 0:30

[quote="Marietto"]
Mikeblobsti wrote:

Getting into forged build territory there bud - big money...but worth every feckin' penny bounce bounce bounce

I know mate big money indeed, might have to give my land rover a new home Sad

I do wonder what my standard engine will take tho? As I understand it its the strongest of the 2ltr range with a nitrided crank, wonder how long itll last or how reliable it would be with 400+ Laughing

Last edited by Mikeblobsti on Mon 22 Apr - 0:35; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr - 0:33

N1CK!STi wrote:

Cool can't fault ya mate Cool Definitely going to give this some thought also
Back to top Go down
NickSTi

NickSTi

PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr - 0:37

I'm going to have to do some homework about it but I'm sure I will get there in the end with a little help Wink just want my first mapping for the nbo Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr - 0:47

[quote="Mikeblobsti"]
Marietto wrote:
Mikeblobsti wrote:

I do wonder what my standard engine will take tho? As I understand it its the strongest of the 2ltr range with a nitrided crank, wonder how long itll last or how reliable it would be with 400+ Laughing

Yes mate should be sound for 400 easily
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr - 0:56

[quote="Marietto"]
Mikeblobsti wrote:
Marietto wrote:
Mikeblobsti wrote:

Yes mate the widetrack UK spec cars have the JDM spec internals - nitrided cross drilled version 9 crank, uprated rods and pistons, lucky lad - should be sound for 450 no problems Very Happy

Really Very Happy well in that case I think I need to speak with jonny gav and see what he recommends for 400+ and an upgraded turbo, get my vf43 sold. cheers for the info Mario Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rota's fitted
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next