North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Rota's fitted  - Page 3 EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Rota's fitted  - Page 3 EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Rota's fitted  - Page 3 EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Rota's fitted  - Page 3 EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Rota's fitted  - Page 3 EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Rota's fitted  - Page 3 EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Rota's fitted  - Page 3 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Rota's fitted  - Page 3 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Rota's fitted  - Page 3 EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Rota's fitted

Go down 
+8
atwrx
natski
evileye_xc
anthmac
CARLOS
Steviedoo
ukjesters
Mikeblobsti
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Rota's fitted  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr - 0:59

[quote="Mikeblobsti"][quote="Marietto"]
Mikeblobsti wrote:
Marietto wrote:
Mikeblobsti wrote:

Getting into forged build territory there bud - big money...but worth every feckin' penny bounce bounce bounce

I know mate big money indeed, might have to give my land rover a new home Sad

I do wonder what my standard engine will take tho? As I understand it its the strongest of the 2ltr range with a nitrided crank, wonder how long itll last or how reliable it would be with 400+ Laughing

Really Very Happy well in that case I think I need to speak with jonny gav and see what he recommends for 400+ and an upgraded turbo, get my vf43 sold. cheers for the info Mario Cool

Ninja edit mate - that might be duff info on the other uprated internals - but there are loads of widetrack Blob STis running well over 400 on standard internals
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr - 1:07

lol! no worries mate thanks, think ill do a bit of research on this one as I don't want to put money into something that won't last. Definitely got the urge for more power now tho Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr - 1:11

Mikeblobsti wrote:
lol! no worries mate thanks, think ill do a bit of research on this one as I don't want to put money into something that won't last. Definitely got the urge for more power now tho Laughing

I've just seen this one

http://bbs.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/665787-do-stis-have-forged-pistons-as-standard.html

Zen performance are well respected and he said they have OEM forged pistons and he would happily tune one to 420-430 on standard internals Wink

Best bet is to call Andy Kindon and ask him - I'm seeing him tomorrow so I'll ask him
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr - 1:28

Marietto wrote:
Mikeblobsti wrote:

I've just seen this one

http://bbs.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/665787-do-stis-have-forged-pistons-as-standard.html

Zen performance are well respected and he said they have OEM forged pistons and he would happily tune one to 420-430 on standard internals Wink

Best bet is to call Andy Kindon and ask him - I'm seeing him tomorrow so I'll ask him

Cool Cool Cool top man mate cheers Cool Cool Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr - 12:22

Mikeblobsti wrote:

Cool Cool Cool top man mate cheers Cool Cool Cool

Mike I had a word with Andy K this morning and he said 400 is safe as houses on your standaerd internals and 450 is pushing it to it's limits.
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr - 12:28

There's shed loads of people on Scoobynet running way over 450 on standard engines.. I wouldn't personally take the risk as its my daily driver and I was/am more than happy as long as its over 380. If that makes sense scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr - 12:40

natski wrote:
There's shed loads of people on Scoobynet running way over 450 on standard engines.. I wouldn't personally take the risk as its my daily driver and I was/am more than happy as long as its over 380. If that makes sense scratch

Yes there is Natski - you just have to take a look at the power leader board on standard internals and there are a few 2005 widetrack Blob STI's running over 450, but most on them are around the 420-430 mark which is a safe output for them - I wouldn't go over 450 if I owned one without forged internals....unless I could afford the consequences of course
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr - 13:55

Exactly if you can afford the consequences then you might aswell get the engine built properly in the first place
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr - 14:10

Cool awesome, my target is 400+ so yaaayyyy.

Andy F website reckons his stage 5 should get the forged treatment, but that's 420+

Click - Mike
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr - 18:58

Thanks for the info lads, good to know my standard internals can take a bit more yet Cool already have Andy f level 2 map but I'm liking the sound of the level 4 setup and power, don't need to upgrade too much either, headers, up pipe, injectors, turbo......hmm definitely going to think about this one Very Happy

Thanks for speaking to Andy k Mario Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr - 19:12

Mikeblobsti wrote:
Thanks for the info lads, good to know my standard internals can take a bit more yet Cool already have Andy f level 2 map but I'm liking the sound of the level 4 setup and power, don't need to upgrade too much either, headers, up pipe, injectors, turbo......hmm definitely going to think about this one Very Happy

Thanks for speaking to Andy k Mario Cool

No problem bud
Back to top Go down
NickSTi

NickSTi

PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr - 21:41

Mike if you don't mind me asking Where did you get your discs and pads from bud?
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr - 23:08

N1CK!STi wrote:
Mike if you don't mind me asking Where did you get your discs and pads from bud?

No worries mate the forum is all about sharing knowledge Laughing
Got them from scoobyparts.com, links below.....don't know how to rename links yet ha!!

http://www.scoobyparts.com/acatalog/BREMBO_HIGH_PERFORMANCE_FRONT_DISCS_-_5_114.html
http://www.scoobyparts.com/acatalog/copy_of_copy_of_BREMBO_.html

Pads are EBC yellow stuff which are fairly easy to pick up, probs could have got the discs cheaper but couldn't be arsed looking, didn't want cheap aftermarket discs had to be brembo grooved.....I am a fussy Twit lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr - 23:11

N1CK!STi wrote:

Nick - if you are going to get pads get some Pagid pads off Drew - they are really good and he does them at a cracking price

Isn't yours the 5x100PCD though? i.e. not a widetrack Blob STI? (5x114.3PCD)
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr - 23:14

Marietto wrote:
N1CK!STi wrote:

Nick - if you are going to get pads get some Pagid pads off Drew - they are really good and he does them at a cracking price

Isn't yours the 5x100PCD though? i.e. not a widetrack Blob STI? (5x114.3PCD)

Wish I had gone for pagid ones, heard good things about them. Although I have no complaints with the EBC's
Back to top Go down
NickSTi

NickSTi

PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr - 23:18

Mine is a wide track Mario. I've messaged drew but he has non left Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr - 23:20

N1CK!STi wrote:

Shame - they are really good pads, I had them in my Brembos before I got the APs & Ferodos
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr - 23:30

N1CK!STi wrote:

Nick I am sure you can still get them on Euro Car Parts or ebay - I think the Pagid part number for the front Brembos was T1555, but if you PM Drew and ask him he might be able to confirm if that is right?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pagid-Front-Brake-Mitsubishi-Lancer/dp/B0067PFHKU

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pagid-T1555-Front-Brake-Pads-Brembo-System-Subaru-Impreza-Mitsubishi-Evo-/230932164226

Back to top Go down
NickSTi

NickSTi

PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr - 23:57

Nice one Mario thanks bud. I will check it out first thing in the morning Wink
Back to top Go down
NickSTi

NickSTi

PostSubject: Cheers pal. I'm the same I'm a nightmare when I'm shopping on eBay not sure if its a real or fake item lol    Rota's fitted  - Page 3 EmptyTue 23 Apr - 7:11

Mikeblobsti wrote:
N1CK!STi wrote:

No worries mate the forum is all about sharing knowledge Laughing
Got them from scoobyparts.com, links below.....don't know how to rename links yet ha!!

http://www.scoobyparts.com/acatalog/BREMBO_HIGH_PERFORMANCE_FRONT_DISCS_-_5_114.html
http://www.scoobyparts.com/acatalog/copy_of_copy_of_BREMBO_.html

Pads are EBC yellow stuff which are fairly easy to pick up, probs could have got the discs cheaper but couldn't be arsed looking, didn't want cheap aftermarket discs had to be brembo grooved.....I am a fussy Twit lol!
Back to top Go down
NickSTi

NickSTi

PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 3 EmptyTue 23 Apr - 7:12

Oops wrote it in the wrong box :/
Back to top Go down
F1NNY

F1NNY

PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 3 EmptyWed 24 Apr - 14:49

For brakes i have always used Alyn at AS performance he is spot on and does next day delivery. Or you can collect, i think he is just in Birtley but defo worth a call, top man really.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rota's fitted    Rota's fitted  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rota's fitted
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3