North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
NBO feedback thread  - Page 2 EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
NBO feedback thread  - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
NBO feedback thread  - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
NBO feedback thread  - Page 2 EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
NBO feedback thread  - Page 2 EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
NBO feedback thread  - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
NBO feedback thread  - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
NBO feedback thread  - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
NBO feedback thread  - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

NBO feedback thread

Go down 
+10
kempy85
Revolution
DAZ.STI
easby
natski
discodaz
andyden71
stevep360
oggy
Lordharding
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
discodaz

discodaz

NBO feedback thread  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  - Page 2 EmptyWed 3 Jul - 11:37

Yours reads like they only took £200 worth of stock Steve!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/darrenjayphotography
stevep360

stevep360

PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  - Page 2 EmptyWed 3 Jul - 13:25

discodaz wrote:
Yours reads like they only took £200 worth of stock Steve!!
\

Should have gone to specsavers
Back to top Go down
discodaz

discodaz

PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  - Page 2 EmptyWed 3 Jul - 13:27

Or Sunday school!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/darrenjayphotography
stevep360

stevep360

PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  - Page 2 EmptyWed 3 Jul - 13:33

discodaz wrote:
Or Sunday school!!

Muh ha ha ha ha Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 
Back to top Go down
jonesy81

jonesy81

PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  - Page 2 EmptyWed 3 Jul - 15:45

Keith really well done for being there mate and selection was amble for they event wasn't like we could fit coil overs in a field lol thanks for giving us ur time and to the staff who give up family time negative post never get the best outcome this is not the nesf way
Back to top Go down
anthmac

anthmac

PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  - Page 2 EmptyWed 3 Jul - 17:44

well, once i could see past the nesf bbq smoke... i thought it was a fantastic day.
GREAT PEOPLE, FANTASTIC CARS, GREAT STANDS. and it was sunny Smile

remember.. people always have opinions, good or bad.

its not worth anyone falling out, a big group cuddle Smile

anth.
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  - Page 2 EmptyWed 3 Jul - 17:54

I totally 100% agree with Anth
Back to top Go down
stevep360

stevep360

PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  - Page 2 EmptyWed 3 Jul - 17:55

Who's falling out, thought it was a civilised discussion, I even used punctuation
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  - Page 2 EmptyWed 3 Jul - 18:10

stevep360 wrote:
Who's falling out, thought it was a civilised discussion, I even used punctuation

Me too - I am not upset or fallen out with anyone - as far as I am concerned it was solely my opinion and I wasn't speaking for anyone else but myself - my original post was 2 paragraphs of my own thoughts, of which a fraction (about 1 and a bit sentences) referred to my perception of a particular trader on that day at that event. No big deal. I am sure it won't put them out of business and I didn't do it maliciously or to intentionally damage their reputation. I don't regret saying it either. It's not my form and anybody on this forum who has met me or knows me will confirm that. I don't tell lies, I am an Irish/Italian cathlolic with an A-level in guilt Laughing Personally, I had an awesome day with my NESF family and my number 2 son loved polishing the car - next time I will lend him to the Revolution boys for the battleship as he did an awesome job and I am sure he would love to polish their car whilst they got their stall set out Very Happy Very Happy  It was great craic and if I still have the Terminator come next June I will be there again......only this time I will be tearing up and down the fast lane not being overtaken by mobility scooters lol! 
Back to top Go down
anthmac

anthmac

PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  - Page 2 EmptyWed 3 Jul - 18:13

i ment the bbq wars Smile lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  - Page 2 EmptyWed 3 Jul - 18:14

anthmac wrote:
i ment the bbq wars Smile lol

Ah OK lol! - well at least me an Steve are still friends lol! 
Back to top Go down
stevep360

stevep360

PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  - Page 2 EmptyWed 3 Jul - 18:38

Marietto wrote:
anthmac wrote:

Laughing yep

Marietto wrote:
I don't tell lies, I am an Irish/Italian cathlolic with an A-level in guilt Laughing 

I sleep on the right mate , so if you could put the horses head at the side it would be most appreciative. cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  - Page 2 EmptyWed 3 Jul - 18:42

stevep360 wrote:
Marietto wrote:
anthmac wrote:

Laughing yep

Marietto wrote:
I don't tell lies, I am an Irish/Italian cathlolic with an A-level in guilt Laughing 

I sleep on the right mate , so if you could put the horses head at the side it would be most appreciative. cheers

I would...... but the wife won't be pleased with what I have done to her horse lol! lol! 
Back to top Go down
anthmac

anthmac

PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  - Page 2 EmptyWed 3 Jul - 18:45

tesco will be Smile
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  - Page 2 EmptyWed 3 Jul - 20:34

Only problem I had with the Revs stand was when they said "no problem Keith, if you don't have cash with you we can take your credit card details and ring it thru later"

And thats when I started hearing those voices again......Suspect

As for the rest of the event, I thought it was up to its usual high standard. I too am surprised that traders don't take more advantage at £50 per head, as we scoobynites have a reputation for parting with cash with gay abandon, but the Revs experience from the previous year calls that into question a bit, and that I do find surprising. Maybe folks have done all their spending before the event and don't expect to find something there, bit of a mystery that.

The arena was interesting. I think folks make a reasonable point about the newage category, it must have been twice if not three times the size of the other ones. I appreciate it might add time in, but perhaps splitting that up should be looked at as its likely to remain the biggest entry class for some time to come.

I'm sorry to say I didn't spend a whole lot of time at our stand but I think the Nic/BBQ situation needs investigating. Sounds like she's had a very unnecessary rough ride from someone and it needs explaining and perhaps apologising for, even if it was a misunderstanding.

I don't think we could fault the venue in general or the organisation of the event. You even managed to keep us dry. Overall another good show and I'm already looking forward to next year. As Mario has said, this is just one mans humble opinion / ramblings.
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  - Page 2 EmptyWed 3 Jul - 20:54

Tesco have stop buying horses now ant somit to do with people don't like it personally I don't mind it I eat it for years and it nay done me any harm god just remembered iv got to nake porrage oats in the morning for brekkie
Back to top Go down
leeandjude

leeandjude

PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  - Page 2 EmptyThu 4 Jul - 22:16

interesting reading so far. Here is our opinion of the day.

first of all we loved it! we will be 110% be there next year. We thought it was an excellent day and was amazing to look at so many different modifications..just when you thought you had seen them all.

We loved the BBQ. was so cheap and the burgers were really nice. Nic done a great job on the stand, I cant see why anyone would complain. Actually to be fair..when we walked to the toilets i noticed the stalls were selling there burgers for £2.50 which was better than the Nissan meet which was £3.50 - £4.50 each. Also our profit went to to charity so big round of applause to us all who bought from our stall.

As regarding the stickers, I dont know how we were copyrighting anything? I did all 31 stickers at home after work. Nic asked me to do themas she had problems with her cutter. I had to go get the vinyl and backing paper. Think it cost me £24 for all the bits. Stickers were sold at £2 and half of which i gave to the charity so i made £6. not bad for 4 hours work lol.  So the lady who complained wants to get a grip. Especially as i had a load of STi / scooby pigs etc stickers in my car which i gave away for free...used from the leftover vinyl.

I didnt realise the traders only pay £50 to be there. I too am amazed that there isnt more traders. TBH I think next year i will have my own stall selling stickers etc. It was a good idea that someone had with regards to bouncy castle etc for kids.
I think its madness that traders wont come down. I bought from the Revolution stall (nothing big though...sorry no cash!). I think its good that they were there. Its not about profit but getting your name out there plus supporting the subaru community.

I do think you should invite other car clubs. I was talking to the guys on the motorsport stand for about half hour...nice lads too. The porsche stand was really nice.  

I have a few suggestions for our stand..just my opinion, dont mean any harm honest! Very Happy 

I noticed some of the stands had themes (loved the hawaii one!). could we not do one next year? it looks fun!
Why dont we have a tombola stand or similar? we could easily put spare car bits, unwanted wine, teddies etc that we all have cluttering our homes. It would draw a lot of people to our stand too.
How about a designated NESF photographer? Theres loads of people with cameras there on sunday, how about getting pics of EVERYONES cars with the owners? I have done this on other car clubs im in, I even took all the pics and made a printed book of the day. I sold quite a few....dead easy to do as well.
Maybe we could organise the parking a bit better beforehand? especially for us newbies that dont know anyone. Might be akward i know as you might not know till the day.
I know there was a few newbies there that day, should someone be appointed meet n greeter? That way it breaks the ice and makes it a more friendlier site to someone looking to join. Also, would it be a good idea for admin to be wearing something easy to identify themselves? just in case theres a problem etc?

As i said just some ideas ive seen used on other forums...shoot me down in flames if you like! Laughing 

I have no problem doing the stickers again next year. I am really looking forward to next year...we will both be there.

lee and judith flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  - Page 2 EmptyThu 4 Jul - 22:27

I did tell the newbies that I knew of and that also said they'd be on their own to feel free to seek myself and Paul out as it can be daunting the first time.

Similarly at the pub meets if I know someone new is attending I try to watch out for them.

Admittedly I was a bit busy on Sunday - so I hope nobody thought I was ignoring them or being rude.

Always good to hear new ideas and think about them for next year ... plans are already afoot in KGT towers Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  - Page 2 EmptyThu 4 Jul - 22:31

Sorry I forgot to add that John (lordharding) has very kindly been in touch with me via pm and my feelings regarding what happened at the NBO have been put across to him. John had no idea about any of this having happened and is looking into it for me Smile
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  - Page 2 EmptyThu 4 Jul - 22:32

Lee and Jude, cheers for those ideas, I'm going to blatantly nick some of them for next year Wink
Back to top Go down
leeandjude

leeandjude

PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  - Page 2 EmptyThu 4 Jul - 23:05

Your welcome! If you need any help i will gladly help the club out
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  - Page 2 EmptyFri 5 Jul - 7:01

Cheers Lee, got broad shoulders us Boldon lads Wink 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

NBO feedback thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2