North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
AndyBish your a legend  EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
AndyBish your a legend  EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
AndyBish your a legend  EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
AndyBish your a legend  EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
AndyBish your a legend  EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
AndyBish your a legend  EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
AndyBish your a legend  EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
AndyBish your a legend  EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
AndyBish your a legend  EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

AndyBish your a legend

Go down 
+3
Jonny Gav
Tizer
natski
7 posters
AuthorMessage
natski

natski

AndyBish your a legend  Empty
PostSubject: AndyBish your a legend    AndyBish your a legend  EmptySat 31 Aug - 16:27

Bish has fixed my boost issue today the Y Pipe was hanging off the turbo Shocked and it was struggling to make 1 bar of boost with massive misfire.
It's now peaking at 2 bar and settling down at 1.7bar its like driving a brand new Subaru and I love it again Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I think it's been running badly since October last year when I removed the intercooler cos its never been this quick ever the difference is unbelievable...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AndyBish your a legend    AndyBish your a legend  EmptySat 31 Aug - 16:48

Get an Evo...."it's the way forward" lol! 

Basher Bishop....there can be only one cheers 
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: AndyBish your a legend    AndyBish your a legend  EmptySat 31 Aug - 16:55

Mario I promise I will never look at a car for sale ever again Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AndyBish your a legend    AndyBish your a legend  EmptySat 31 Aug - 17:01

Hmmm - I don't think I will be placing any bets on that one Suspect 

Meanwhile back at Skynet HQ the Terminator might be going the journey.....haven't 100% decided yet but am seriously considering getting another model of Subaru Question 
Back to top Go down
Tizer

PostSubject: Re: AndyBish your a legend    AndyBish your a legend  EmptySat 31 Aug - 17:31

Marietto wrote:

Meanwhile back at Skynet HQ the Terminator might be going the journey.....haven't 100% decided yet but am seriously considering getting another model of Subaru Question 
affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: AndyBish your a legend    AndyBish your a legend  EmptySat 31 Aug - 17:47

Marietto wrote:

Noooooooooooo !!!!!
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: AndyBish your a legend    AndyBish your a legend  EmptySat 31 Aug - 18:03

2.0 bar is far too much boost mate, it should hit 1.5 and stay there, what was it set up at by Andy???
Back to top Go down
andybish

andybish

PostSubject: Re: AndyBish your a legend    AndyBish your a legend  EmptySat 31 Aug - 18:17

I said this!!!! I showed how mine goes to 1.4 and stays there but dans rb5 use to do the same off andy forrest remap I thort this was the way but least it runnin right now
Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: AndyBish your a legend    AndyBish your a legend  EmptySat 31 Aug - 18:28

Marietto no mate don't do it your hawk a one of and look mint
Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: AndyBish your a legend    AndyBish your a legend  EmptySat 31 Aug - 18:30

My hawk was mapped at 1.5 hit 1.6 in cold but never any higher
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: AndyBish your a legend    AndyBish your a legend  EmptySat 31 Aug - 18:35

Jonny Gav wrote:
2.0 bar is far too much boost mate, it should hit 1.5 and stay there, what was it set up at by Andy???
Dunno I had no boost gawge as Daz calls them..
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: AndyBish your a legend    AndyBish your a legend  EmptySat 31 Aug - 18:51

Jonny if a TD05 16g can boost 1.5 bar whats the point in a 20g if that is only safe to run 1.5 bar too ?

Am I missing something or have I been misinformed about the maximum boost capability of the 16g..

scratch scratch scratch

Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: AndyBish your a legend    AndyBish your a legend  EmptySat 31 Aug - 19:07

Have asked andy about my boost and asked him why I can no longer switch map/boost settings and he thinks my boost control valve is sticking so need to get that looked at next.
Back to top Go down
Marshffs

Marshffs

PostSubject: Re: AndyBish your a legend    AndyBish your a legend  EmptySat 31 Aug - 20:54

Marietto wrote:

Hmmm bank loan me thinks.... Or im gonna rob a bank.
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: AndyBish your a legend    AndyBish your a legend  EmptySat 31 Aug - 23:58

My 20g does more than 1.5,
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: AndyBish your a legend    AndyBish your a legend  EmptySun 1 Sep - 0:49

Think Jonny is underestimating his own creations lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AndyBish your a legend    AndyBish your a legend  EmptySun 1 Sep - 8:03

Marietto wrote:

Thought you'd fell in love with that little Suzuki lol! 
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: AndyBish your a legend    AndyBish your a legend  EmptySun 1 Sep - 8:24

natski wrote:
Jonny if a TD05 16g can boost 1.5 bar whats the point in a 20g if that is only safe to run 1.5 bar too ?

Am I missing something or have I been misinformed about the maximum boost capability of the 16g..

scratchscratchscratch

Yes you are missing something mate, power produced isn't about pressure, it's about flow, the ability for the turbo to move more air at the same pressure. The 20g will move more air than the 16g at the same pressure.
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: AndyBish your a legend    AndyBish your a legend  EmptySun 1 Sep - 21:16

I maybe pushing it but AndyF recons its fine and in its limits,
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: AndyBish your a legend    AndyBish your a legend  EmptySun 1 Sep - 21:20

Jonny Gav wrote:
natski wrote:

scratchscratchscratch

Yes you are missing something mate, power produced isn't about pressure, it's about flow, the ability for the turbo to move more air at the same pressure. The 20g will move more air than the 16g at the same pressure.
I had this discussion with Bish yesterday when we where changing the plugs and a said does the 20g push more air than the 16g at the same boot pressure, he said no, he was wrong ha ha

Cheers Jonny
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: AndyBish your a legend    AndyBish your a legend  EmptySun 1 Sep - 21:23

Well I got my mate to drive it tonight and its boosting 1.8 bar. Unfortunately the temp flew up to the red and the turbo is pissing water out again like it did in the first place. This was the reason I removed the intercooler months ago and never got it back on quite right..
Am not very happy at the moment cos I'm going to have to remove the intercooler again and try to sort the water feed pipe out Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: AndyBish your a legend    AndyBish your a legend  EmptySun 1 Sep - 21:24

JMG - What would a billet 20G hold boost wise do you think ? Do you think it would spool up like a 16g/18g ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AndyBish your a legend    AndyBish your a legend  Empty

Back to top Go down

AndyBish your a legend
Page 1 of 1