North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
These sports hatches are getting quite quick... EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
These sports hatches are getting quite quick... EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
These sports hatches are getting quite quick... EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
These sports hatches are getting quite quick... EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
These sports hatches are getting quite quick... EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
These sports hatches are getting quite quick... EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
These sports hatches are getting quite quick... EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
These sports hatches are getting quite quick... EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
These sports hatches are getting quite quick... EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

These sports hatches are getting quite quick...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Willo

Willo

These sports hatches are getting quite quick... Empty
PostSubject: These sports hatches are getting quite quick...   These sports hatches are getting quite quick... EmptySun 25 Jul - 16:37

Someone in a silver Megane RS 2.0T decided to try it on with me on the coast road the other day and undertook me, so i took him up on the offer...and was quite surprised!!

He was stuck behind someone but kept backing off and then nailing it up behind them, i was behind him, and it WAS quick Shocked lol

So once that person shifted he obv dropped a gear or two and nailed it, i dropped from 5th to 4th and caught him up rather quickly and passed him, but not absolutely shooting past as id have expected, then further up the road he decided to do it again coming up behind me in the fast lane, and ok i didnt exactly shoot away from him that time either....fair enough i was in 6th but still lol i'd expect to obliterate something like that...i mean a 2.0T is 225bhp and 300nm or torque - with a remap 255bhp and 360nm or torque. I'm at roughly 350bhp and the cars are similar weight so i found it quite bizzare lol

oh PS i have a blown up-pipe gasket losing me some pressure, and i wasnt taking it up past 6k BUT STILLLLL lol affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3384023

PostSubject: Re: These sports hatches are getting quite quick...   These sports hatches are getting quite quick... EmptySun 25 Jul - 17:15

edit

Last edited by phils scooby on Sun 25 Jul - 17:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: These sports hatches are getting quite quick...   These sports hatches are getting quite quick... EmptySun 25 Jul - 17:17

we loose alot of power through the 4x4 drive, andy greers car will nak any impreza round corners but in the wet and fwd rwd car is nothing to a subaru
Back to top Go down
Willo

Willo

PostSubject: Re: These sports hatches are getting quite quick...   These sports hatches are getting quite quick... EmptySun 25 Jul - 17:37

i know dude, i'd prob have blamed the transmission more if it was from a standing start - was a good 60mph rolling start, i know the transmission loss is a factor over their fwd hatches but decent bit of power difference there still...

had a run in with one of those Astra VXR Nurburgring Editions too (with work done to it, sounded nice!), that was quick, not as quick as the impreza by a decent bit but still pretty quick in short bursts when he found a space in the traffic
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

PostSubject: Re: These sports hatches are getting quite quick...   These sports hatches are getting quite quick... EmptyTue 27 Jul - 14:00

Its all down to the torque when your moving, the more torque the better and as low in the rev range as possible. Horsepower only really comes into it when your on full throttle and at the top of rev range. I bet your torque figures are not much different.
Back to top Go down
Willo

Willo

PostSubject: Re: These sports hatches are getting quite quick...   These sports hatches are getting quite quick... EmptyTue 27 Jul - 14:27

Prob not I need to get down to motoscope sometime and get it on the dyno to see what my figures are like
Back to top Go down
D4VEW557

D4VEW557

PostSubject: Re: These sports hatches are getting quite quick...   These sports hatches are getting quite quick... EmptyTue 27 Jul - 15:07

I've drove loads of renaultsport meganes, the 225, 230s and the are very quick. The New 250 is fecking quick it might not have scooby power but i wouldn't right them off, floor it and they shift well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: These sports hatches are getting quite quick...   These sports hatches are getting quite quick... Empty

Back to top Go down

These sports hatches are getting quite quick...
Page 1 of 1