North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Rear brake conversion help!!! EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Rear brake conversion help!!! EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Rear brake conversion help!!! EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Rear brake conversion help!!! EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Rear brake conversion help!!! EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Rear brake conversion help!!! EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Rear brake conversion help!!! EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Rear brake conversion help!!! EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Rear brake conversion help!!! EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Rear brake conversion help!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
byronsdaddy

byronsdaddy

Rear brake conversion help!!! Empty
PostSubject: Rear brake conversion help!!!   Rear brake conversion help!!! EmptySat 8 Feb - 20:15

my wife bought me this today to use the parts i need to convert my rear drum brakes to disks
however theres no brake hoses and im having trouble sourcing out a left hand hose
does it matter what side each hose goes on and would front hoses fit the rear??
Image hosted by servimg.com
Back to top Go down
byronsdaddy

byronsdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Rear brake conversion help!!!   Rear brake conversion help!!! EmptySat 8 Feb - 20:17

Back to top Go down
bigwill

bigwill

PostSubject: Re: Rear brake conversion help!!!   Rear brake conversion help!!! EmptySat 8 Feb - 20:39

A hose is a hose mate, as long as its got the right ends on and its long enough it'll be fine theyre not handed or anything either so anything will do, fronts are fine as long as theyre long enough dont forget to allow for movement as they suspension goes up and down and keep them clear of the wheels turning
Back to top Go down
byronsdaddy

byronsdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Rear brake conversion help!!!   Rear brake conversion help!!! EmptySat 8 Feb - 21:27

nice one thanks bud makes my day as i was reluctantly going to pay £20 each but will go to local scrappy soon and see whats long enough

cheers again Smile
Back to top Go down
bigwill

bigwill

PostSubject: Re: Rear brake conversion help!!!   Rear brake conversion help!!! EmptySat 8 Feb - 21:29

No bother mate
Back to top Go down
Scooberuni

Scooberuni

PostSubject: Re: Rear brake conversion help!!!   Rear brake conversion help!!! EmptySun 9 Feb - 1:32

I did a rear conversion on that last sport I had, I got a garage to fit the parts though, too much of a piss about lol
Back to top Go down
byronsdaddy

byronsdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Rear brake conversion help!!!   Rear brake conversion help!!! EmptySun 9 Feb - 3:01

im looking forward to doing it, just wish the weather would brighten up lol only fitting the handbrake cables im not looking forward too lol
Back to top Go down
Scooberuni

Scooberuni

PostSubject: Re: Rear brake conversion help!!!   Rear brake conversion help!!! EmptySun 9 Feb - 10:16

Did you not get the rear sway bar aswell? I would have got the the bar and the drops etc as they're all part of the rear brake set up.
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: Rear brake conversion help!!!   Rear brake conversion help!!! EmptySun 9 Feb - 10:36

There a scrappy yard in Middlesbrough called cliffs auto salvage he had a scooby in possible a wrx classic or bug
Back to top Go down
oggy

oggy

PostSubject: Re: Rear brake conversion help!!!   Rear brake conversion help!!! EmptySun 9 Feb - 11:03

andyden71 wrote:
There a scrappy yard in Middlesbrough called cliffs auto salvage he had a scooby in possible a wrx classic or bug

Is it the white wagon Andy , if so think it's a sport done to look like a turbo no shure tho haven't had a close look
Back to top Go down
byronsdaddy

byronsdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Rear brake conversion help!!!   Rear brake conversion help!!! EmptySun 9 Feb - 12:30

nope just the rear beam with traling arms calipers disks etc as seen in the pics, Sad
Back to top Go down
Scooberuni

Scooberuni

PostSubject: Re: Rear brake conversion help!!!   Rear brake conversion help!!! EmptySun 9 Feb - 12:48

Maybe a future mod then? Brakes should be a good upgrade when you've got them fitted, god knows why Subaru put drum brakes on an impreza, a money saving plan probably. The early ones had rear discs aswell. If you had a 96 impreza sport they came with rear calipers and discs but they must have changed their minds at some point.
Back to top Go down
byronsdaddy

byronsdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Rear brake conversion help!!!   Rear brake conversion help!!! EmptySun 9 Feb - 13:38

must of as mine is a January 99 car so a 98 build? and it has drums and no rear anti roll bar. and defo worth looking into, at least i have the arms with the outer mounts on now, so wont take much to get it sorted when the time comes, next on my list is get my exhaust sorted 100% but will be july as wife says i have to wait till all the bills are out the way then we have no worries about the cash flow, besides i cant actually warrant spending just over £300 on a manifold and cat box at the moment, but its all planned out so im happy to wait as i do like to keep my wife happy lol
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: Rear brake conversion help!!!   Rear brake conversion help!!! EmptySun 9 Feb - 14:17

Not sure oggy I'm mate Bowie told me about it the other day he didn't say if it's a classic or bug ect ect
Back to top Go down
oggy

oggy

PostSubject: Re: Rear brake conversion help!!!   Rear brake conversion help!!! EmptySun 9 Feb - 15:04

Andy is that Bowie with the spray shop my son knows him
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: Rear brake conversion help!!!   Rear brake conversion help!!! EmptySun 9 Feb - 15:18

It is Paul and Stephen Bousfields mate what's your name did u live in spennybeck Starbeck way ?? Or near there I know a Sean and think its a Darren
Back to top Go down
oggy

oggy

PostSubject: Re: Rear brake conversion help!!!   Rear brake conversion help!!! EmptySun 9 Feb - 15:22

No mate we live in grangetown it's my son that knows him his name is kelvin Ogden
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: Rear brake conversion help!!!   Rear brake conversion help!!! EmptySun 9 Feb - 15:25

Nor sorry mate the family I know are called Hogg
Back to top Go down
byronsdaddy

byronsdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Rear brake conversion help!!!   Rear brake conversion help!!! EmptySun 9 Feb - 16:35

is it easier/worth just changing the whole beam over or just the hubs with brakes etc?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear brake conversion help!!!   Rear brake conversion help!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Rear brake conversion help!!!
Page 1 of 1