North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
V-power How much is it costing you over normal fuel? EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
V-power How much is it costing you over normal fuel? EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
V-power How much is it costing you over normal fuel? EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
V-power How much is it costing you over normal fuel? EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
V-power How much is it costing you over normal fuel? EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
V-power How much is it costing you over normal fuel? EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
V-power How much is it costing you over normal fuel? EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
V-power How much is it costing you over normal fuel? EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
V-power How much is it costing you over normal fuel? EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

V-power How much is it costing you over normal fuel?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GN1

V-power How much is it costing you over normal fuel? Empty
PostSubject: V-power How much is it costing you over normal fuel?   V-power How much is it costing you over normal fuel? EmptySat 17 May - 10:52

I have had the conversation a number of times over the years if the extra cost of V-Power is worth it, recently more about diesel

With the turbo's we have to use the Super/V-power/Momentum etc. but is it really costing a lot more? No so don't risk 95 ron for daily use

Over 5000 miles at average 25 mpg it costs us £72.74 that's all
And if you get an extra 1.5 mpg by using it then that drops to £1.72

If you are getting 20 mpg on normal 95 ron and got 21.5 mpg on V-power then you would be saving you money

In the Vectra diesel I get an extra 3 mpg so costs the same to run and the car is noticeably quicker when needed

I can email excel sheet if wanted
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: V-power How much is it costing you over normal fuel?   V-power How much is it costing you over normal fuel? EmptySat 17 May - 15:25

The v-power diesel has an additive that is anti corrosive, so according to shell (and I use that term loosely as it could quite easily be a marketing gimmie) its better for your diesel engine.

V-power petrol is only a couple of pence per liter more now anyway so its a no brainer imo, especially on imports that were set up as std on 100+ ron
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: V-power How much is it costing you over normal fuel?   V-power How much is it costing you over normal fuel? EmptySat 17 May - 18:43

I worked out on the last car it was more economical to use super unleaded as I got more miles per tank than the equivalent £ spent on unleaded. Not sure about the Hatch as I don't have a choice. Normal unleaded would cost me approx £newengine.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
GN1

PostSubject: Re: V-power How much is it costing you over normal fuel?   V-power How much is it costing you over normal fuel? EmptySat 17 May - 20:07

Double points on vpower as well for your cash back I think
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: V-power How much is it costing you over normal fuel?   V-power How much is it costing you over normal fuel? EmptySun 18 May - 20:45

My diesel Vectra know no different. Personally it's all gimmicks.

If the EGR is working and the car gets serviced well and good runs upto temp and a good run at motorway speeds the cheap fuel makes no difference, it still get 45/50mpg round the doors and 60/60 on a steady run,
Back to top Go down
discodaz

discodaz

PostSubject: Re: V-power How much is it costing you over normal fuel?   V-power How much is it costing you over normal fuel? EmptySun 18 May - 21:25

if its mapped its mapped to a certain ron correct?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/darrenjayphotography
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: V-power How much is it costing you over normal fuel?   V-power How much is it costing you over normal fuel? Empty

Back to top Go down

V-power How much is it costing you over normal fuel?
Page 1 of 1