North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Changing Seats... (WR1 -> Spec D Leather) EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Changing Seats... (WR1 -> Spec D Leather) EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Changing Seats... (WR1 -> Spec D Leather) EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Changing Seats... (WR1 -> Spec D Leather) EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Changing Seats... (WR1 -> Spec D Leather) EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Changing Seats... (WR1 -> Spec D Leather) EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Changing Seats... (WR1 -> Spec D Leather) EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Changing Seats... (WR1 -> Spec D Leather) EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Changing Seats... (WR1 -> Spec D Leather) EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Changing Seats... (WR1 -> Spec D Leather)

Go down 
+3
garyblake
discodaz
oHUTCHYo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
oHUTCHYo

Changing Seats... (WR1 -> Spec D Leather) Empty
PostSubject: Changing Seats... (WR1 -> Spec D Leather)   Changing Seats... (WR1 -> Spec D Leather) EmptySun 8 Jun - 7:49

I've just bought a Hawkeye STI, the previous owner has swapped out the original seats for the black WR1 style ones. If I wanted to swap them out again in favour of some spec D leathers, is there anyone local up to this job? Where is best to find some leather seats??
Back to top Go down
discodaz

discodaz

PostSubject: Re: Changing Seats... (WR1 -> Spec D Leather)   Changing Seats... (WR1 -> Spec D Leather) EmptySun 8 Jun - 8:20

Baldy did kgt's seats I believe or try Bish of Steve jones
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/darrenjayphotography
oHUTCHYo

PostSubject: Re: Changing Seats... (WR1 -> Spec D Leather)   Changing Seats... (WR1 -> Spec D Leather) EmptySun 8 Jun - 8:38

Thanks pal, Ive PMed Baldy Smile Open to more input from others of course.
Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: Changing Seats... (WR1 -> Spec D Leather)   Changing Seats... (WR1 -> Spec D Leather) EmptySun 8 Jun - 9:59

Mate it's only 4 bolts on front of each seats
And 6 on back easy job mate swapping seats

Wr1 seats are hard to get so you could put post up and ask if some one once to do deal with cash your way for yours
Back to top Go down
byers

byers

PostSubject: Re: Changing Seats... (WR1 -> Spec D Leather)   Changing Seats... (WR1 -> Spec D Leather) EmptySun 8 Jun - 10:06

Il swap them for ya takes 15 min
Back to top Go down
oHUTCHYo

PostSubject: Re: Changing Seats... (WR1 -> Spec D Leather)   Changing Seats... (WR1 -> Spec D Leather) EmptySun 8 Jun - 10:10

Cheers lads! I'm crap with stuff like this, I'd end up setting the car on fire or something lol

I'll get some pics up of the new motor.

Back to top Go down
oHUTCHYo

PostSubject: Re: Changing Seats... (WR1 -> Spec D Leather)   Changing Seats... (WR1 -> Spec D Leather) EmptySun 8 Jun - 21:47

Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Changing Seats... (WR1 -> Spec D Leather)   Changing Seats... (WR1 -> Spec D Leather) EmptyMon 9 Jun - 8:24

Hutchy, I bought the leathers out of Bladys car (originally out of Steve Jones WRX SL). Its a handful of bolts that keep the runners in place and some right Twit on connectors, but its a doddle. If Baldy hadnt had a gun I'd have done it myself.

However I'll say this, I only had them in for about 4 weeks and then my original seating went back in the car. The leathers looked great (and smelled great) but they didnt feel great. You do move around in them and they didnt have really positive support. The standard WRX ones werent worldbeaters, but were better in my opinion.

Now the leather/alcantara seats Ive got in the Hatch are on a completely different level, if you can get hold of some of them you'll never look back.

Back to top Go down
oHUTCHYo

PostSubject: Re: Changing Seats... (WR1 -> Spec D Leather)   Changing Seats... (WR1 -> Spec D Leather) EmptyMon 9 Jun - 10:13

kgt wrote:
Hutchy, I bought the leathers out of Bladys car (originally out of Steve Jones WRX SL). Its a handful of bolts that keep the runners in place and some right Twit on connectors, but its a doddle. If Baldy hadnt had a gun I'd have done it myself.

However I'll say this, I only had them in for about 4 weeks and then my original seating went back in the car. The leathers looked great (and smelled great) but they didnt feel great. You do move around in them and they didnt have really positive support. The standard WRX ones werent worldbeaters, but were better in my opinion.

Now the leather/alcantara seats Ive got in the Hatch are on a completely different level, if you can get hold of some of them you'll never look back.

Thanks mate, someone warned me they are a little narrow and not as supportive, I'm a big lad too so maybe its not a good idea. Will the hatch seats have the same fitment?
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Changing Seats... (WR1 -> Spec D Leather)   Changing Seats... (WR1 -> Spec D Leather) EmptyMon 9 Jun - 10:21

oHUTCHYo wrote:
kgt wrote:

Thanks mate, someone warned me they are a little narrow and not as supportive, I'm a big lad too so maybe its not a good idea.  Will the hatch seats have the same fitment?

They just didnt feel like they gave me the same support. They are probably fitted around exactly the same body foam, but because you can move around on leather and not on fabric they maybe had a looser feel.

I cant comment on whether the Hatch seats would fit - you'd like to think theyve carried on the logic but I think finding some is going to be the biggest problem you'll have as I doubt many folks are breaking 2011 cars, unless you can find a wrecked STi in a yard somewhere.

I'm sure one of the internet trawlers will be along soon to advise.

Back to top Go down
baldy

baldy

PostSubject: Re: Changing Seats... (WR1 -> Spec D Leather)   Changing Seats... (WR1 -> Spec D Leather) EmptyMon 9 Jun - 10:58

Try john pyes he buys road goin hatches and converts to rally cars he has,a website and advertises parts on it or an ebay address...bigdeano bought some off him a few yrs back
Back to top Go down
oHUTCHYo

PostSubject: Re: Changing Seats... (WR1 -> Spec D Leather)   Changing Seats... (WR1 -> Spec D Leather) EmptyMon 9 Jun - 11:04

Thanks guys, at this rate I think I'd be happy to just get some standard blue alcantara ones in there and make a few quid on the WR1 seats. Especially given that the door cars and carpet are still blue.
Back to top Go down
coldflame90

coldflame90

PostSubject: Re: Changing Seats... (WR1 -> Spec D Leather)   Changing Seats... (WR1 -> Spec D Leather) EmptyMon 9 Jun - 11:23

how much would you be after for the wr1 seats mate might be interested
Back to top Go down
oHUTCHYo

PostSubject: Re: Changing Seats... (WR1 -> Spec D Leather)   Changing Seats... (WR1 -> Spec D Leather) EmptyMon 9 Jun - 11:35

coldflame90 wrote:
how much would you be after for the wr1 seats mate might be interested

Honestly don't know bud, Byers is also interested and I mentioned I would give him first refusal but it really depends on how easy I can do this. My ideal situation is a straight swap with someone to do it for me and then some cash my way. I don't really have the funds free to buy some new ones and wait for my old ones to sell. Likewise if I remove and sell mine first, I could be stuck with a car with no seats until I find some others.
Back to top Go down
oHUTCHYo

PostSubject: Re: Changing Seats... (WR1 -> Spec D Leather)   Changing Seats... (WR1 -> Spec D Leather) EmptyMon 9 Jun - 22:29

OK, found some leathers. Need £400 for the WR1 seats if anyone is interested?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changing Seats... (WR1 -> Spec D Leather)   Changing Seats... (WR1 -> Spec D Leather) Empty

Back to top Go down

Changing Seats... (WR1 -> Spec D Leather)
Page 1 of 1